Chapter 1

I Am Myth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I swallowed through the block in my throat.  I struggled to open my eyes and see the world around me.  Couching I struggled to bring myself to a sitting position.  My eyes peeled open and looked around at my surroundings.

  The dark red rock surrounded me on all sides.  The smooth surfaces trapped me in, didn’t offer me an escape.  Rubbing my eyes I tried to orient myself.  Where was I, I couldn’t say.  I don’t even know what this place was, or how I got here.

  Evening my breathing I raised my left hand, placing it on the red rock wall in front of my face.  The cool smooth surface greeted the palm of my hand.  Balling my fist I slammed it on the wall of my cage, to my luck the rock gave way, splintering and cracking from the spot my fist hit.

  Slamming my fist once again on the wall of this prison.  Slowly the wall began to fall letting light that I never noticed I never had.  I could see everything so clearly without a speck of light so it came as a surprise to find that there was no light source where I was being kept.

  Gritting my teeth I pushed myself from the box like prison deep within the earth.  Hills of green surrounded me; crystal blue rivers flowed from the tops of white tipped mountains.  The moon hung full high above my head as I pushed myself out of the broken dusty trap I was coming out of.

  My breath came out in pants as I stepped from the earth below my feet.  My toes sunk into the soft, silky grass, the cool dew bringing a smile to my face.  The looked up at the star filled sky, the moon ever present in its entirety.

  This is my world, the world I was born to, the world I emerged into.  A laughed spilled from my lips as I spun around and marveled in the beauty surrounding me.  My hair few around me, the silky strands caressing my face and arms.

  The beginning of my life.

 

Present Day.

  The blood splattered against the wall of the alley.  Panting I watched as the two humans attacked each other, killed each other.  The smell of their blood rushing through my senses filling my head.

  Years of watching fights, battles and wars has made me hate the coppery smell of the life force running through the humans’ body.  But the scent still invaded my head, trying to bring with it a pleasing feeling but I wouldn’t allow it to.  I wouldn’t let myself enjoy the harming of others, but there was nothing I could do against it.

  It is in human nature to fight and bring bloodshed, and I cannot interfere with that.  But I won’t allow them to kill themselves so easily when I have the chance to save them.

  I am not one of them, they don’t even know of my existence but I have the power to keep them alive and make them forget this horrid incident.  I will never let it happen again.

  Jumping down from my perch atop the apartment building beside the alley I landing with light feet between the two angry men.  Planting my hands on each of their heads I let my mind connect with theirs, my will and my power pulsing through me to them.

  I could feel my eyes shifting color, their amber color blazed a vibrant violet in the darkness.  Glowing brighter than the full moon that shone above the alley.

  “Cease and forget.”  I spoke into the silence around us before the two men went slack under my hands collapsing to the dirty ground.

  I fell back into the shadows behind me before vanishing into the night.  This was my life, a life hidden from sight one where I helped those that didn’t know the right way or called out for it.  I was nothing, and I had no one but myself.  This was my fate since the day I came from the earth.

  I hated my existence.  I hated who I was, but there is nothing I can do about it.  I cannot change what I am.  I cannot change the way of my life.  I am a myth, something that doesn’t exist to the humans.  Yet here I stand, existing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter