Do I Know You?

Booze and Rumors

 

 

“Yes… I’ll be fine.” I mumbled to him as I slowly stood up, using the wall behind me to bolster myself.

 

TOP placed his hand out in front of me and tenderly responded in his husky voice, “Here, let me help you”. He pitifully looked at my face, which clearly showed that I was in pain. Truthfully, I just wanted to crawl away from him and this entire situation. Why was I at a club in a mini dress with stilettos? Why did I have to see Khun? Why wasn’t this guy leaving me alone? We NEVER EVEN met before.

 

I shook my head and gestured my hand to him, telling him that I didn’t want or need his help.  Gritting my teeth, I pushed him aside and paced down the hall with a slight limp in my walk. I ignored his puzzled expression as I left him and his hushed steps slowly following me.

 

I sighed heavily and replayed the night’s scenes in my head; I was still shaken by my unfortunate encounter with Khun. What was I supposed to do now? He knew who my friends were now. He knew I was still around in Seoul. He… He was going to tell Jay…? I stopped in my tracks and thought about this. But why… why would he do that? We’re not even together anymore… I trailed off to myself, unfazed by the fact that TOP was now curiously standing next to me. 

 

*Ahem* He cleared his throat and waited for my attention.

 

I exasperatingly looked up at the towering man, clearly wanting to be left alone. TOP smirked back at me with eyes full of amusement.

 

“Do I know you?” I huffed while my eyes amplified with irritation.

“Besides the fact that I am T.O.P?” he emphasized the letters of his stage name.

I keenly glared at him and was unamused by him at all. “Why is he bothering me? WHY?” I shouted in my mind. I examined him from head to toe, looking for any signs of being drunk or high; he looked completely sober to me.

 

“Hey!! Elle!!!” I heard Khun’s faint voice down the hall behind us.

TOP glanced back and noticed Khun trooping his way towards us. “Do you know this girl?” He asked Khun who was pointing at me, telling him to stop me from leaving. He then looked back at me who was panicking inside. My heart was beating faster, and my breathing was cut short. I wasn’t ready to talk to Khun again; I didn’t want to sort out unresolved complications between us. I desperately eyed TOP and locked my arm around his; he was staggered, and he raised an eyebrow at me.

 

“Move.” I shushed into his arm as I pretended to be flirting with him. He immediately followed orders, and we casually walked down the hall – arms linked.

 

“ELLE!!! Just stop for a second!” I heard Khun’s step advance faster towards us as I began to hustle, swearing rapidly in my mind. TOP chuckled, interested in what was going on between us.

 

I could see the light at the end of the tunnel and was desperately hoping that we could escape from him anytime soon. Without any fair warning, my feet gave up on me - unable to handle the pain anymore. Top bent down and naturally picked me up as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I really just needed a Superman at that point in my life or some kind of supernatural power that allowed me to disappear from the scene.

 

Nonetheless, the way he easily scooped me off the ground and carried me to our destination made it easier for me to finally let my guard down. I was weak, fraught, and unprepared to face this entire situation; I tightly clutched onto TOP who correspondingly held me closer to his chest. A faint mixture of cologne and stogies lingered in his suit jacket that vastly differed from Jay’s scent.

 

I watched Khun’s appalled yet jumbled face as TOP continued to walk on, guiding us to the hidden back-way that was only open for special VIP guests. I buried my head in his shoulder; I was ashamed yet distressed to be handling this all so carelessly.

 

TOP carefully placed me down while he gave his keys to the club’s valet. He tilted his head towards me, waiting for me to explain to him what was going on.

 

A shy “thank you” was all that I could say to him, feeling too embarrassed and awkward to say anymore. He simply shrugged and remained patient with me, subsequently we waited for his car in silence.  

 

His smooth and luxurious black sports car rolled up by the curb as the valet tossed him his keys. However, I was unable to gawk at his fancy car; it was something I was used to and expected from a high-class celebrity. Jay, Khun, and their famous friends all had nice and expensive rides that fit their own personalities.

 

“Hey, let me drive you home, and you can tell me what’s going on between you and Nickhun.” TOP remarked as he swirled his keys along his index finger and sauntered around his car.

 

I shook my head; I just wanted to be left alone and quietly go home – away from all the drama. I received enough of his kind help; I didn’t want to burden him any longer nor did I want to continue to bring him into the mayhem.

 

“I can’t let you go home like that.” He shouted behind his opened car door, waiting for me to get in.

 

I looked down at my feet and saw scars peeping out of the back of my shoes. I hopelessly looked up at him and was ready to just give in; I desperately wanted to change into my pjs and snuggle into bed. I hadn’t had an inch of energy left in my body to argue.

 

“Hey! What the hell are you doing?” a tough voice behind me shouted over the bustling sound of Seoul’s avid nightlife. I swiveled my head around and discovered that it was a very irritated looking G-Dragon approaching the two of us with Khun by his side.

 

 

I groaned, not seeing an end to the night’s drama. 

 

------------------

Author's Note:

Thanks for the support :) I continue to write because of you guys~

I know that right now you guys are probably super curious as to what happened between Elle, Khun, and Jay in the past, but please be patient! You'll find out soon!