Club LUNA

Booze and Rumors

House music boomed through my ears as I tried to maneuver pass the drunken dancing crowd – young socialites foolishly bobbing around in bewilderment. I shoved while sticky hands latched onto my arms, and sweaty hair slapped me in the face. I questioned why I even bothered coming out; I knew that every night would end up being the same scene with the same type of people.

 

With much force and strength, I managed to get to the other side of the dance floor, which lead to the stairs to the VIP area. I looked back at the crowd pathetically, noticing the strong haze above them. At that point, I was already getting sick of the night; I wasn’t into partying anymore, nor was I able to find myself fitting in with the crowd. My stomach churned, just thinking about my friends who hoped to see the “old Elle” come back – the one who was adventurous and exciting. They didn’t know what I was going through; they didn’t even know about him.

 

As I reached the VIP lounge, a sharp pain bolted in my feet that made me halt and quickly look down at my heels. I squirmed in great discomfort, noticing that they were rubbing against my skin - forming red marks on the back of my ankles. My feet weren’t used to wearing tight heels after spoiling them with cozy slippers for too long. I groaned and found a new and legitimate reason to go home. I snagged my purse and began to scurry out of our VIP room, dodging any of my friends who would stop me.

 

“Elle, where do you think you’re going?” someone barked at me.

 

I jerked back and noticed Julie, a friend from school, looking at me deviously.

“I, uh, my shoes. They’re killing my feet, and I just want to go home...” I stuttered.

Julie just shook her head at me and pitied my supposed lack of social skills.

 

“Look, ELLE, Hyejin and crew have moved next door to… guess whose room?! GD&TOP’s. That’s right - G-Dragon and T.O.P! There's also word that other a-listers are in that very room. You need to get your in there with me right now.” She had her hands on my shoulders now, shooting lasers into my eyes.

 

I paused for a moment and stared at Julie. What part of her brain made her think that I would be excited to meet celebrities? Did she not know what I went through with..? Oh, that’s right; she didn’t know anything about it. I kept everything a secret from my friends.

 

 I sighed heavily and calmly replied, “I’m only going to go in there to say goodbye to the birthday girl. Alright, Julie?” My voice rose a little, getting irritated at the entire situation. The fact that Julie could be so oblivious to how I felt about Kpop stars irked me to the last strand. But, I had to understand and forgive her; she had no idea what she was doing to me. 

--------------------

Author's Note:

Be patient! The KPOP boys will show up in my next chapter:)