Facing Nichkhun

Booze and Rumors

 

 

He crossed his arms with a drink in one hand and his phone in the other. The tall handsome guy wore a pair of fitted khakis that accentuated his long and muscular legs, a button down that snuggly fit his broad shoulders, and a cute fedora that gently rested on his flawlessly polished hair. He coolly gazed into my eyes, reeling me into his trance. He was trying to read my expression; I just knew it.

 

“Hi… Khun…” I looked away, not liking where this was going.

 

“Where have you been all this time?” He looked at me in pure bewilderment, trying to acknowledge the fact that I was, indeed, standing right by him.

 

I stared down at the floor, unable to look him in the eye with the right answer. I remained silent as I pursed my dry lips.    

 

“I tried calling you, but you changed your number… You never answered your door... You changed your job… What the hell happened to you, Elle?” He furrowed his eyebrows as he closely observed me.

 

I sighed heavily; Khun knew everything about me – up until Jay Park and I broke up. Khun was Jay’s best bud and little minion; he always tried his best to keep Jay and me together.

 

I could feel his eyes shooting darts at me as I gradually shrunk down. I felt guilty for leaving our friendship behind along with my relationship with Jay, but it was my only option to lock Jay away from my life. I couldn’t take what he was doing to me; he was slowly killing me, neglecting my already broken heart. I couldn’t see Khun’s face anymore; I didn’t want to have any part of Jay’s life intertwine with mine. I hid long enough, hoping that everyone could just forget about it and me. This was the first time I was seeing Khun in 2 years.

 

He gently placed his hand on my shoulder and stepped closer to me, being cautious of the people around us.

 

“Elle… Why did you leave?” He noticed me trembling, lost with words.

 

“I.. Uh…” I choked, unsure of what I wanted to say.

 

“Say it, Elle. Just say it.” There was desperation in his voice.

 

“I wasn’t the one who left.” I coldly hissed at him, fighting back the urge to just cave in.

 

“What? How could you say that after you’ve been avoiding us for 2 years? Let’s be real. Tell me what’s been going on in your little head.” He was shaking me now as I looked past his eyes and stared at the wall behind him. I knew it hurt him now, but it was soon going to pass. He didn’t know how long I was hurting – how much I was hurting then.

 

“I have nothing to do with Jay Park now. We broke up YEARS ago. There’s nothing left between you and me. Why can’t you just move on? I made new friends; why can’t you?”

 

His grip on my shoulders loosened, and he bleakly looked into my eyes, searching for the girl he used to be friends with. I stepped away from him and pushed my hair behind my ear. I my heel and carefully headed the other way, fighting back angry tears.

 

I closed the door behind me and felt my knees go week while I slid down against the wall. I took deep breaths, and my eyes circled around the dark hallway that flashed with strobe lights. I scowled to myself, hating the fact that I was letting this get to me. Mixed emotions filled my head; I wanted to hold my chest and cry, I wanted to chuck my shoe at the opposite end of the hallway, I wanted to vanish.

 

A familiar piercing pain slapped my feet, once again, and I grimaced. I lifted my foot up and noticed that there were now two large cuts deepening; fresh blood stained the backs of my heels. I frowned at how awful my feet looked and felt, making me want to cry even more.

 

“Ouch. That looks painful… Will you be okay?”

 

I reluctantly looked up, embarrassed to be caught in such a stance, but then I paused at the sight of TOP. He stood in front of me with his arcane eyes scanning me.

-------------------

Author's Note:

I know, I know. Elle's relationship with Nichkhun and Jay is complicated and confusing, but I promise that it'll unfold as the story progresses! 

I'm trying to update as much as possible before I leave for school. 

& Thanks PopBang for being faithful by continuing to read my story and commenting :) :) :)