My Lovely Dwaeji

Boyfriend One-Shots

dwaeji - pig

---------------------------------------

 

You were reading a book on the gym’s bleachers one afternoon when someone suddenly called out “Look Up!”

You looked up and an orange orb blurred as it came and directly hit your face.

“Headshot!” the guys laughed at you and high fived with each other.

“Aish! Do I look like a basketball ring to you?” you yelled at them.

“Ani, you’re a Dwaeji! Dwaeji!” they teased you.

You weren’t really fat as in overweight, just slightly chubby.

You still have baby fats on your cheeks and chin that made your face look rounder.

You felt warm liquid dripped from your nose.

“Aish~~~! Blood!” you almost cried not because your nose were bleeding but because the blood had smeared on your book.

“Pabo! Stop wiping your book!” Youngmin shouted at you and put the handkerchief on your nose instead.

He pulled you up and carried you on his back to the clinic.

“Put me down I’m heavy. I can walk just fine.” you complained.

“Stop wiggling or you’ll fall!” Youngmin hissed.

You had no choice but to do as you were told. Unknowingly you hugged your arms on his shoulders as he carried you.

A smile tugged on Youngmin’s lips.

 

Youngmin is your best buddy since middle school and you were secretly in love with him.

Your mood only brightens up when Youngmin is around.

Not until when you reached first year high school and Youngmin got himself a girlfriend.

His girlfriend had the figure other girls would kill to have, she was pretty alright and she doesn’t like you.

You cried the day you learned about their relationship.

The next day Youngmin laughed at you and teased your swollen eyes.

 

His girlfriend started getting jealous of how much time Youngmin spends with you.

She threatened you to stay away from Youngmin but you refused.

She slapped you and you slapped her back with all your anger and might. Just then Youngmin came and saw you slapping his girlfriend.

It felt like the world crashed upon you when he sided with his girlfriend.

That night you cried yourself to sleep again, how can your best friend be so dense?

The next morning you acted like nothing happened and still laughed at Youngmin’s jokes about your swollen face.

 

That was actually your wakeup call. You decided to migrate to Singapore where your father was working, just for one year.

You met with Youngmin in front of the school gate at the last day of school.

“Youngmin-ah, I’m going to Singapore.” you said solemnly.

“Chincha? When?” he asked. “Tomorrow.” you answered briefly.

You stared at his eyes hoping to see a reaction from him only to be disappointed.

He just smiled at you “Take care alright? Don’t forget to email me.” and he hugged you for a brief moment and walked away.

You felt your chest tightened and swallowed back the tears that were threatening to fall.

‘I promise to come back a better person.’ you muttered to yourself.

You didn’t know Youngmin’s tears fell as he went home while thinking of you.

 

During your stay at Singapore, with the help of your determination you lost weight through healthy diet and exercise.

Slowly you gained confidence and you even studied fashion so you’ll look much better.

Unlike the simple, chubby girl you used to be, you are now a head turner with a great S-line, gone are the baby fats.

 

“Let’s welcome back ~~~~~-shi. Some of you may know her because she studied here during her first year.” your teacher introduced you to the class.

Your classmates gaped at you. “Is that really dwaeji?” hushed one of your classmates.

Sadly you weren’t in the same class with Youngmin.

You texted him ~I’m back. Where are you?~

~Chongmal? Let’s meet at the gym~ he texted back.

 

You sat at the same bleachers where you got hit by a ball.

“~~~~~-ah!” Youngmin exclaimed when he saw you.

He hugged you tight which made your heart race.

He then looked at you. “Were you sick? You’ve gotten thinner.” he said with worry in his eyes.

“Aniya, I just went on diet.” you told him honestly.

You both talked for a while catching up with things that happened to you for the past year.

You were a bit sad that he didn’t comment on the new you.

“Are you still going out with her?” you asked about his girlfriend.

You were relieved when he shook his head. “We broke up but I have someone else I like. I’ve liked her since middle school.”

Because of his words, one moment you were happy then next your heart plummeted again.

“Here I’ll show you a picture of her.” he pulled his phone from his pocket.

Angry and frustration came pouring through you “I don’t want to see it.” you said through your gritted teeth and stormed off.

Youngmin was left dumbfounded.

 

One night Youngmin texted you

~Please don’t be angry, she’s not like my previous girlfriend.

She’s cute, chubby and fair skinned. She’s adorable, you will like her.

She’s bubbly, intelligent and witty too. ^^,~

You didn’t reply. You started to cry feeling really stupid.

“Paboyah! I was chubby before and you never liked me.” you screamed at your phone as if you were screaming at Youngmin.

You worked your out to be beautiful but he still hadn’t noticed you.

A minute later you received another message from him.

~ My Lovely Dwaeji

(below was your picture when you were still chubby)

I love you ~~~~~-ah, I didn’t have the guts to confess to you before.

I was scared I would lose you, but I really did when you left me to go to Singapore.

I'm sorry if I've hurt you before. I knew I was the reason for your swollen eyes but I was a pabo back then.

You don’t know how much I wanted  to punch other guys for staring at you. Please be mine. ~

You cried harder looking at his message. You were touched and happy knowing he loves you too.

 

Youngmin was anxiously waiting for your reply. He called you when you still didn’t send a message.

“Yah! Have you read my message yet?” he asked sounding already frustrated.

“Neh.” you said. “Then what’s your answer?” he asked.

“I’m moving my head up and down right now.” you said your voice filled with emotion.

“Boh?” he didn’t get it. “I said I’m nodding my head.” you repeated.

Youngmin finally understood. He rushed to your house.

Youngmin hugged you fiercely the moment you answered your door and whispered to your ears “I love you ~~~~~-ah, dwaeji or not.”

You didn’t mind when he called you dwaeji, coming from his own lips, dwaeji became the most wonderful word you ever heard.

 

_____________________

hope you enjoyed this one

this story was inspired by Piggy Dolls ^_^ (i love them)

"You don't have to be beautiful to be loved. Being yourself is what matters."

"Learn to love yourself and others will love you too."