Happiness in Front of You

Boyfriend One-Shots

 

                 With your head rested on the headboard of your bed, you curled your legs underneath the blanket and hugged your pillow. You were still feeling gloomy and hurt from the recent break up with your boyfriend. He was already your fourth boyfriend but your relationships never last for long. *There must be something wrong with me right?* you asked yourself a couple of times.

                 You were so out of it that you didn’t even notice your own mother had peered at your door to see how you were.

                 You were very open to your mom about how ugly your relationship had ended. He found someone new so he dumped your eight months of relationship into the garbage can. Now you’re alone blaming it all on yourself. It pained your mother to see you miserable but even her words couldn’t reach you anymore. She sighed and closed back the door.

 

                 Boyfriend’s performance just ended and they all went back to their dressing room. Youngmin’s brows met when he saw three missed calls on his phone from the same number. He immediately called back.

                 “Who are you calling hyung?” Kwangmin asked as he wiped his sweat off with a tissue.

                 “It’s Auntie, I wonder why she called?” Youngmin answered.

                 After a couple of rings the call finally got through. “Yoboseyo, auntie, it’s me Youngmin.” Youngmin became silent as the person on the other line talked. “Chongmalyo?” he asked worriedly. Then another silence passed. “Neh auntie, I’ll be there right away.”

                 Youngmin hurriedly changed his clothes, went to his manager for permission to go out for a while and left. He didn’t even answer Kwangmin when he asked him where he was going.

 

                 There was a knock on your door but you didn’t even bother answering. You didn’t want to talk to anybody right at that moment. You buried yourself under the covers.

                 “~~~~~~~ah, you have a visitor.” your mom said behind the door.

                 You groaned. “I’m sleeping!” you called out.

                 The door swung open. “So are you sleep-talking now then?” Youngmin sarcastically said as he approached your bed.

                 You bolted right up your bed. “Y-Youngmin-ah!” you turned to your mom “Why didn’t you say it was Youngmin mom?” She just shrugged, closed the door and left.

                 “Aigoo, you’re still such a spoiled brat.” Youngmin lightly knuckled your head. His face went rigid when he saw your swollen face. You frowned at him “If you’re here just to nag at me then you may leave.”

                 Youngmin pouted “We haven’t seen each other for almost two months and you already want me to leave? Man, where’s the love?” You rolled your eyes. “Aish, you seriously do not miss me?!” he exclaimed as if it was mostly shocking.

                 “Nope, I always see you on TV with Kwangmin.” you muttered.

                 “Aing, but I missed you.” Youngmin said. You chuckled at his aegyo act but deep inside you were happy to see him. You missed him too.

                 He sighed in relief. “I thought you already forgot how to smile. You know you look better when you smile.” he  patted your head.

                 “Only better?” you raised an eyebrow. Youngmin rolled his eyes at you this time “Fine, beautiful.” He chuckled and you both laughed.

                 Youngmin became serious and he did nag at you anyway, but his words were true especially when he firmly said “~~~~~~~~ah, you need to move on yeah? It may be bitter like medicine but it’s good for you.”

                 You nodded. Youngmin soon had to leave for his manager was already looking for him. You walked him out of the door.

                 He stopped on his way out, turned to you and gave you an unexpected hug. You stiffened at the sudden contact. He soothingly rubbed your back up and down which made your heart warm and in no time you relaxed. He ended the hug too quickly for your liking though. “Don’t make auntie worry, araso?” he said and waved goodbye.

                 Youngmin is your childhood friend though you barely see him personally ever since he debuted as an idol. Youngmin and you were almost always on each other’s throat but he’s the sweetest friend ever.

                 Now that you think of it, he was always there for you. For all the break ups you’ve gone through, the ups and downs. He has the power to mend your heart; sometimes you wish he was your Mr. Right but he can’t. First he’s your friend and second he’s an idol and Best Friend’s Boyfriend.

 

                 Boyfriend’s schedule had gotten hectic, so even if Youngmin wanted to visit you more often, he just couldn’t so every day he sends you text messages. It has become a routine for both of you to exchange messages and you look forward to it every day.

                 You’ve gotten over your last love quickly and sought for a new one. Your motto is ‘when love hurts, love again until you find Mr, Right’.

                 At school, a schoolmate proposed to you. He’s a decent guy, not as sweet as Youngmin but he likes you. You thought you’d consider him but decided to ask Youngmin first, so you sent him a message.

                 You glanced at the wall clock then checked your phone *This is strange, it’s getting late already but Youngmin hadn’t replied yet.* You shrugged it off thinking he was just busy and continued doing your homework.

                 “Omaya!” you jumped on your seat as your bed room door banged open. Youngmin was still wearing his stage outfit as he forcefully stormed into your room looking like a bear.

                 “Chongmal, what’s wrong with you Kim ~~~~~~~~!” he yelled.

                 You blinked at him in confusion “Waegoreh Youngmin-ah, did I do something wrong?”

                 He slapped his palm on his face and sighed heavily “Paboyah, can’t you see me?” your heart felt like it was crumpled as you saw the pain on his face.

                 He held his hand up to stop you before you could ask what was wrong. “Waeh ~~~~~~~~ah, why do you look for happiness from someone else?” he paused and took a deep breath for courage “Aren’t I here for you?”

                 He pounded his chest “Your happiness is right in front of you ~~~~~~~ah! Don’t you know how much I care for you ever since we’ve met? Please, let me be your Mr. Right, yeah?” he pleaded, gone was his playful side. All you saw was a whole new Youngmin.

                 He waited for your answer but you were just looking at him, baffled. He closed his eyes “I’m not the one huh.” he concluded in defeat.

                 Your eyes widened and you knew at that moment you don’t want to let Youngmin just pass by your life just like that. You threw your arms around him. “Don’t misunderstand Youngmin-ah, I-I was just surprised. I thought you only saw me as a friend. I-I actually like you too.” you meekly confessed.

                 “Chongmal?” Youngmin cupped your chin and raised it so he could look into your eyes. You nodded with a smile on your face. He pumped his fist up in the air and was grinning from ear to ear. He still couldn't believe that you liked him too but his dazzling smile showed he was happy.

                 “But, why did you only tell me now?” you asked.

                 “Mian, I didn’t have the courage to confess and every time I gain some, you have had already found someone else. I’m just glad I wasn’t too late this time.” he gently smiled and hugged you back.

                 “I love you ~~~~~~~~ah.” He whispered lovingly into your ears that made you shiver.

                 “I love you too.” you closed your eyes and rested your cheek on his chest. How you wished time would stop and you will forever be in his arms. Worries of dating an idol flooded your mind but you tucked them away. You’ll take things one step at a time as long as you are together.