Where is Your Heart?

Boyfriend One-Shots

 

When you were still five years old, your mother would always leave you at a day care center before she goes off to work.

You were a bubbly little girl and had gained a lot of friends in the center except for a boy who likes to keep to himself.

One day you saw him crying in the corner after his parents had left him.

“Annyeong!” you beamed at him as you gazed your huge eyes at his teary eyes.

He immediately wiped his tears away and stood before you without saying a word.

“I’m ~~~~~. Let’s be friends?” you said as you gave him your cutest smile.

He hesitated a bit but nodded. You saw a little smile on his lips.

Curious as you were, you reached out your hand and touched his curly brown hair.

You felt the softness of his hair under your little fingers.

“Woah” you sighed. “You have the softest hair ever.” You giggled in admiration as you touched your own hair in comparison.

He blushed. “Thank you.” he said as his smile widened.

You caught his hand and pulled him toward your other friends.

“Come play with us!” you exclaimed. He bobbed his head and followed you while holding your hand tight.

You’ve become close friends and playmates since then.

 

“I know where my heart is.” bragged one of your playmates. “Yogi.” as she pointed the left side of her chest.

“Ahhh.” You and your friends said as you touched your own chests and felt the steady rhythmic thump of your heart, except for the curly haired boy.

One of your playmates asked him “You don’t know where your heart is?”

“Ani, I already know where it is.” he answered.

He raised his hand; all of you were stunned when you saw his finger pointing at you.

“My heart is with her.” he said proudly. “Kojimal! Liar, liar, liar.” your friends shouted and laughed at him.

You didn’t laugh for two reasons. One, it’s because you didn’t understand and two he looked really sincere when he said that.

 

It was a sunny day, you were already at the center but your friend was late.

At noon you saw him came while he was holding his mom’s hand.

His eyes were red and swollen from crying.

You ran to him and asked “Kwenchana?” He didn’t respond.

“Is this the friend you were talking about?” her mother asked him, he nodded.

His mother turned to you and said “~~~~~-ah, oppa won’t be coming here anymore.”

 “Waeh?” you asked frowning.  “He will start to go to school soon since he is already six years old and we are going to Japan.” she explained.

“Come here.” his mother pulled you to his side. She took a Polaroid camera off her a bag and took two pictures of you.

She wrote something on the pictures and handed one to you. “Here, make sure to keep this alright so you can meet oppa again in the future.”

The boy turned to you and said “Let’s meet after ten years there. Mom said that picture would remind you.”

He pointed at the café next to the day care center.

You nodded, “Promise?” he held up his pinky finger and you gladly laced your pinky finger to his.

Back then you still didn’t understand how lonely saying goodbye is, so you just waved at them as they walked away.

 

You are now in your second year in high school.

While you were entering the school gate the girls started squealing.

You looked back and saw the five kingkas entering the school.

You stifled a squeal as you watched them walking like super models in uniform.

Your eyes never left the only person with a not short but not too long straight hair who was in the middle among the five of them.

Lee Jeongmin, he’s a senior and the only kingka who’s available. The others are already taken.

You have been crushing on him since you entered high school.

You met eyes with him. You could swear he gave you his most charming eye smile, your knees almost buckled down.

He wasn’t like the others. He isn’t a snob and is oozing with charms too.

He has the sweetest voice you’ve ever heard when the kingkas sang for a school show.

Your heart always flutters whenever you see him.

 

“~~~~~-ah, I found this while cleaning the attic. If you don’t need this anymore then we should throw that away.” your mom said as she handed you your treasure box.

It was a small box decorated with different kinds of flowers.

You opened it and saw your most prized belongings when you were still a little girl.

A picture of you and a little boy has caught your eyes. There was a date, time and a place written on it.

“Omo, the date is tomorrow.” you muttered. You actually have forgotten about the promise you made.

 

The next day you wondered if the little boy in the picture still remembered the promise you had ten years ago.

After school you decided it wouldn’t hurt to try and wait at the café.

While you were sipping your coffee you saw your crush Jeongmin with permed hair entered the café.

His eyes briefly darted at you as he sat at the table next to yours.

You didn’t want to stare at him openly so you pulled the picture out of your bag and stared at it instead.

The next thing you knew the chair next to you moved and Jeongmin sat on it.

You were dumbfounded; he had a serious expression on his face.

“~~~~~-ah” you heard him spoke your name.

‘How did he know my name? We’ve never been introduced at school.’ you thought confused.

He handed you a piece of paper. No it wasn’t just a piece of paper but a picture exactly the same as yours only it has your name in it.

You snapped your eyes up back to his face. “Do you still have my heart?” he asked gently.

You were tongue-tied and didn’t know what to say.

“Do you know how much I’ve been waiting for this day to come?” he asked.

All you could do was look at his eyes.

“I knew you resembled the girl in the picture but I never knew it was really you.” he smiled.

Somehow you found your voice “O-oppa?” you stammered.

He nodded. You felt elated “Neh, oppa I still have your heart.” you answered too late.

He chuckled and asked “Where is your heart?”

“I’m now giving it to you oppa. Will you accept it too?” you said shyly.

He beamed at you looking like the little boy he was ten years ago.

 

The very next day you walked into school while Jeongmin was holding your hand tightly.