Miss First, Mister Second

Boyfriend One-Shots

“Excuse me. Excuse me.” You repeated as you pushed your way through the crowd. Many students hissed and grumbled in annoyance. You didn’t care; you have to see the midterm results now.

You were finally face to face with the announcement board. You heaved a deep breath before looking up for the results. Your eyes narrowed on the name listed first. *Ugh! This can’t be!* Donghyun the student body president beat you once again just by a point.

“Ahh, I’m first, again.” Donghyun whom you didn’t notice was standing next to you taunted you. He loved to see your fuming face especially when he’s the cause of it.

“Oh, miss second, congratulations. It seems that we suit each other. It would be great if mister first and miss second date, we would be the best couple, don’t you think? ” He smirked and you can see his eyes sparkling. He was having fun with the expense of your pride.

You stuck your tongue out at him. “You wish! I’ll never date you! You will see, this is the last time you beat me!” You snapped at him. He wasn’t even annoyed and laughed at you instead.

“Ugh!” too frustrated you your heels. He threw his head back and laughed louder that you could still hear him even when you were already a few feet away. You hated yourself for acting childish in front of him. Wherever he is concerned you tend to forget about yourself and act differently.

*I’ll beat him next time.* you sighed. *Now dad won’t be happy of me again.* you thought dejectedly. You are the youngest in the family but you have 5 beautiful older sisters whom your parents adore. You are the only oddball who’s only good at studying.

“It seems that our baby girl is only good at studying, so you must always place at the top of your class alright? So, your daddy can be proud of you.” Your father said.

You still remembered your father’s words. From then on you struggled and studied hard to be first in class just to please him. Ever since Donghyun came to your life he always beat you and that annoys you. Your father barely pays attention to you now. You can’t afford to be second again.

 

*Damn, I’m late!* you screamed in your head as you pedaled your bicycle harder. Suddenly out of nowhere a boy crossed your way. Everything happened in a flash. You hadn’t stopped on time and crashed to him. Both of you stumbled on the ground.

Your knees where bleeding but you were more concerned of the boy you bumped into. You hurriedly limped to his side. “Omomo, are you alright?! I’m very sorry I didn’t see you.” You gasped as you saw his elbow bleeding. “Are you blind!” he hissed.

For the first time you looked up at him and your mouth just dropped open. It was Donghyun! He was also surprised to see you. His eyes went to your scraped knees and for a moment his expression softened.

He got up on his feet and picked up your bicycle. “W-What are you doing? That is mine!” you were taken aback. “Hop on, it will be faster if I pedal it.” He calmly said. You didn’t move. “Are you also deaf?! I said get on so we can both go to the clinic faster!” he yelled at you.

“I heard you the first time and you don’t need to yell at me!” you retorted but you sat on back anyway.

Donghyun inwardly smiled. He caught you hands and wrapped it around his waist and he pedaled towards school. Your cheeks were heating up as the students you passed by stared at both of you.

 

“You owe me.” Donghyun said after both your wounds were taken care of. “Didn’t I say sorry already? It was an accident alright?” you said. “You don’t look like you’re sorry. Besides, you did this and you’ll have to pay for it.” He pointed his elbow. “Fine! How much do you want?” you pulled your wallet from your bag.

“I don’t need your money. You have to work for me. Come to the student council’s office after class.” He smirked and walked away. “Ugh! Why does he always want to anger me!” you screamed.

After class, you decided not to go but your conscience brought you in the office anyway. It was still your fault he got badly hurt. Donghyun tapped the stack of papers on the table. “Arrange them, by date first then alphabetically, finish them today.” He ordered.

Your mouth fell open, “How do you expect me to finish that today?” He raised an eyebrow. “What? Even I can finish that in a flash.” He boasted. “Then why don’t you do it?” you retorted. He shook his head “I didn’t know you’re this slow. This is why you’re always second.” Your nose flared in anger at his words. “My elbow is hurt so I can’t do it and you caused it. And, you’re going to work for me remember?” he told you very slowly as if he was explaining to a child.

Your competitiveness did you in. You just wanted to prove to him that you can do it too. You glared at him then turned to the documents and arranged them as fast as you can. *Aigoo, she’s very cute when she’s angry. I know this isn’t forever but how I wish I can watch her like this everyday.* Donghyun thought as he watched you work.

It was already very late when you finished. To your surprise Donghyun waited for you. “I’ll take you home.” He grabbed your bike and got on it. “Yah! I don’t want you to!” you yelled at him. You almost lost your patience but he was very stubborn. “It’s already very late; it’ll be dangerous if you go home by your own.” He reasoned.

You couldn’t win his stubbornness and reluctantly had him drive you home. Everyday, he would give you work that takes you until the evening to finish. And, everyday he would take you home.

One day, Donghyun fell asleep while waiting for you. You already finished your work and was about to wake him up. *He looks like an angel when he’s asleep but he turns into a devil when he’s awake.* you stared at him.

Donghyun suddenly opened his eyes. “Find something interesting?” he smirked. You wished you could wipe that smirk off his face. You turned away with a flushed face. You were embarrassed being caught staring. You heard him chuckle.

“I’m done. I’m going home.” You said and walked away but he was faster and caught you on time. “Today is your last day. You don’t have to come anymore.” He said. “R-Really? That’s great.” You faked a smile. *I should be happy right? But, why am I feeling…sad?* you thought. For the last time Donghyun drove you home on your bike.

 

Days passed by quickly. You had to admit it, you miss bantering with Donghyun and going home with him. He just gives you a polite nod every time you meet on the hallway but nothing more.

Final exams were approaching and you put your feelings for Donghyun temporarily at the back of your mind. You had to focus on your studies.

The results were out after finals. You weren’t even that excited anymore to look at it. You put off going to the announcement board until the afternoon.

“I thought you will never come.” Donghyun said when he spotted you. He gave you a dashing smile “Congratulations, you made it!” he said. “Mwoh?” you looked up and saw your name listed first then his was second. You had that same feeling again. You weren’t happy and even felt somewhat guilty about it.

Donghyun looked at you “Hmm, you don’t seem to be happy.” He said in a matter of fact tone. “No, I am. Actually I don’t know.” You looked at him. You held each other’s gaze for a moment but Donghyun broke it off first.

“I-I have to go.” He waved goodbye. “Are you avoiding me?” you stopped him. “Why would you say that?” he asked. You shrugged. “I don’t know. It just feels like it.” You gave him a vague answer.

Donghyun thought this could be his chance. He hesitated for a bit “Did you miss me?” a knowing look sparkled in his eyes. You flushed deep red. “You did.” He concluded by the look on your face. You were so embarrassed you hid your flushing face by looking down. *God! I know he would tease me now! How can I be so transparent?!* You dreaded his next words.

But, no words came out of his mouth. He came closer to you and wrapped his arms around you. “I miss you too.” His voice was filled with tenderness. “I like, no love you ~~~~~~~~ah. Ever since I met you, I already fell for you.” He confessed.

You gently pushed him and gazed into his eyes. All you saw was sincerity.  You frowned, “Then why did you always get on my nerves?”

“Because, that is the only way I can get your attention. You were too focused on your studies to notice me.” He answered.

“Why did you let me work for you?”

“So I can be with you everyday and drive you home too.” He grinned.

You gasped and pushed him hard this time. “You planned that accident didn’t you?!” you accused him.

He held his hand up “No ~~~~~~ah that was just a coincidence though I was glad it happened so I had a reason to be with you.” He winked.

You snorted “You’re sleazy.” His face fell.

Your eyes sparkled and casually checked your nails. “I guess, we really suit each other. I think I, miss first, can date mister second now.”

“Mwoh?” he looked and searched your eyes.

“Oh, I guess you’re deaf too. I said I will date you and that I love you too.” You told him the same way he did before, slowly as if talking to a child.

You both burst into laughter. “I love you more.” He said as he bent down and planted a kiss on your lips.