Let’s Start Again

Boyfriend One-Shots

“What happened to her?” Minwoo asked the number one gossipmonger of the school.

“Mwoh? You don’t know?” he huffed “She has been like that for almost a year now since her boyfriend dumped her.”

Minwoo’s features softened as he gazed at you.

You were sitting on the bench near your school’s soccer field with a blank expression on your face.

“Why did she get dumped?” Minwoo asked again.

“Well let me see…” he flipped through his notebook. “Oh, here it is, her boyfriend is a playboy and had dumped her over her friend. So it was basically a double arrow that hit her. The boyfriend arrow and the friend arrow.” he concluded, satisfied of his accurate information.

Minwoo's eyes widened *He actually has a record of it?! Creepy.*

He snatched the notebook and tore the page where your information was.

“Yah! Give that back to me!” the gossipmonger yelled.

 

“Hi!” Minwoo waved his hand in front of your face.

It took a while for you to realize he was there. You raised your eyes to look at him.

He beamed at you. “Hi I’m Minwoo, new student. What’s your name?”

“~~~~~.” you answered briefly.

He scratched the back of his head “Ah~ can we be friends?”

“I don’t need a friend.” you bluntly rejected him. His face fell.

“Look, you should not act like this over a jerk.” he raised his voice.

You blinked at his words. “That is my choice to be made new guy.” you retorted and left him staring at you open mouthed.

“Yah, I just want to help you.” Minwoo rushed to your side. You kept walking and faster this time.

He grabbed your arm and pulled you back. “Yah! Oooofff.” Both of you collided on  each other and lost balance.

You fell on top of him. “Ouch, my back.” he grunted in pain. “Are you okay?” he asked you worriedly.

Your face was just a few inches close to his.  You swear you almost lost yourself in his eyes.

“Uhm, if you are alright you could get off of me now.” he slyly smirked.

You caught yourself and instantly got up on your feet. Minwoo extended his hand expecting you to help him but you left instead.

 

“Hello ~~~~~ah.” Minwoo laid his tray of food next to yours. You glared at him, picked up your own tray and left. You dumped the unfinished food on the garbage can.

“Hi ~~~~~ah.” Minwoo beamed at you. “Sssssshhhhh.” All the other students in the library hissed.

Embarrassed, he meekly sat down on the chair next to you. You rolled your eyes, closed your book and went out of the library.

You were back at the usual place you spend your time at, the bench. “Don’t tell me hi or hello again.”

“No, I was about to let you guess who I am while I cover your eyes.” he beamed. “How did you know I was here?” he asked amazed.

“Duh~” you pointed at his shadow. “Oh!” he chuckled and sat again next to you. You couldn’t help but giggle.

He softened “You should smile like that often, you look beautiful.”

You pressed you lips in a line but inside you felt your heart went BA-DUMP and blush crept on your cheeks.

“Let’s start again. I’m Minwoo and I want to be your friend.” he held out his hand.

*He seems like a nice guy. But, what do I know of guys? Oh, well.* you clasped his hand and shook it.

“Yes!” he pumped his fist in the air. You gave him a quizzical look.

“Oh, I’m just happy we’re friends now.” he smiled. You thought his face brightened like an angel when he smiled. *Maybe, just maybe he’s my angel from heaven here to save me.* you thought.

You shook your head when you realized what you have just thought of.

“Do you have a headache?” Minwoo immediately fussed over you. He felt your forehead.

You jumped at the sudden contact, but his hands felt actually nice and soft for a guy like him.

“I-I’m alright.” you pushed his hand away. He sighed in relief “That’s good.”

 

Minwoo became the best friend he can be. He was always with you and you have learned to laugh again.

“So this is the unknown boyfriend that you have.” your backstabbing friend sneered at you. She looked Minwoo up and down.  “Well, I admit he looks good but like MY honey, he will leave you in the end.”

Tears stung your eyes at the mere mention of your ex-boyfriend.

You felt a hand on your waist. “I will never leave ~~~~~. You might want to check your own man before judging ~~~~~’s.” Minwoo coldly said and pointed to your ex who was sweet talking another girl.

She left both of you and went storming towards her boyfriend.

You were dazed. *Did he just say he is my man and that he wouldn’t leave me?*

“Thanks, but you didn’t have to pretend like that.” you told him.

“But, I wasn’t pretending.” he said without a second thought. “I actually like you ~~~~~ah.”

You went to your bench. “I don’t want to lead you on Minwoo-ah. You’re a good FRIEND, but…”

“…but you can’t because you’re still stuck on your past.” he finished for you.

You bobbed your head. He sighed “You have the choice to start again ~~~~~ah.”

You shook your head this time “It’s not that easy Minwoo-ah. I can’t just reset my heart.”

“Then let me at least help you heal, yeah?” he grabbed your hands and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

You shook your head again and left him. Minwoo’s heart sunk at your rejection.

 

It’s been a week now since you last talked to Minwoo. You avoided him and he didn’t try to approach you anymore too.

*So much for the promise of not leaving me.* In your heart you thought he wouldn’t surrender just like that. You actually felt lonely all over again.

You were absorbed on the book you were reading when a paper was slipped in front of you.

You looked up and just saw a student walking away. You opened and read a note in big characters “LET’S START AGAIN.” then a childish drawing of a boy sitting on a bench was right below it.

You smiled, in your heart you knew what to do. You ran your way to your bench.

He was there waiting for you. He saw your expression and he grinned in understanding.

He stood up and opened his arms wide. You ran and threw yourself at him.

Minwoo embraced you and for a second he pumped his fist in the air in happiness then hugged you back.

 

_____________________

New subscribers, thank you for subscribing ^_^.

I hope you all enjoy this one too..