Roses and CDs

Boyfriend One-Shots

Three years of relationship vanished into nothing when your boyfriend Kwangmin decided to debut as an idol singer.

Within their contract is a strict policy of no dating.

You know very well how much he wanted it. It was his dream.

You have been supporting him ever since he was still a trainee.

You broke up with him and he became a member of the idol group named Boyfriend.

He’s now everyone’s boyfriend but not yours, not anymore.

You always see him on television, heard news about him and even see him on your favorite variety shows.

Kwangmin looks so happy on TV while you on the other hand have a broken heart.

You always put up a smile for everyone else who’s around you.

But you always end up crying your heart out every night on your bed feeling lonely.

 

Tomorrow is supposedly your 4th anniversary.

You remembered how every year you’ve always received a rose bouquet from him.

You knew how he would save up his allowance so he could afford a bouquet for you.

That’s what made you fell in love with him.

He is thoughtful, sweet, he cares for you and his passion and determination towards his dream is admirable.

No matter how busy he was during training, he never forgets to send you a message or call you.

It’s a waste to have lost a perfect relationship; well it wasn’t so perfect after all.

The next day, you went on with your daily routine despite your heavy heart.

Your eyes were swollen from crying and lack of sleep.

Ding Dong. Your door bell sounded.

When you answered the door, a bouquet of roses greeted your face. You frowned at the delivery man.

“~~~~~-shi?” he confirmed and you nodded. “Please sign here.”

You had your brows drawn together looking at the roses, the same type of red roses Kwangmin has given you the past three years.

You inspected the bouquet and there wasn’t a card on it.

You decided to call the florist. You were irritated.

Receiving those flowers has pricked your already wounded heart.

“~~~~~-shi, the flowers were pre-ordered by Kwangmin-shi a year ago.” The florist informed you after she checked the information.

“Actually, he had pre-ordered for two more bouquets for the next two years.” she added.

Your tears were already falling down your cheeks when you ended the call.

You were actually touched, surprised and happy that Kwangmin had pre-ordered them.

‘Maybe he thought we would’ve lasted longer.” you muttered bitterly as you smelled the flowers.

You, yourself actually thought that you’d last forever.

The flowers however still don’t change the fact that you’re no longer together.

You were distracted away from your thoughts when your doorbell rang again.

It was a package from Kwangmin’s parents. Inside was Boyfriend’s first single album.

You didn’t bother opening the CD and kept it inside your drawer.

 

For the next two years you’ve busied yourself with your studies.

You didn’t date anyone else, you know in your heart there would only be Kwangmin.

And as expected every year you received the bouquet of roses.

His parents had kept sending you Boyfriend’s album but you all kept them hidden inside your drawer.

Kwangmin and his band Boyfriend have gained tremendous popularity.

They have surely worked hard to reach where they are right now.

Everywhere they go there are always screaming fangirls.

The following year, just a week before your anniversary date, live on national TV, Kwangmin announced that he already has a girlfriend.

His fangirls cried over the revelation and you too cried, your heart eaten by jealousy of the lucky girl.

Your heart weren’t there in everything you did.

You failed an exam, burnt your finger while cooking, you even sprained your ankle when you fell off the stairs.

You were a mess and felt that luck has given up on you.

 

The date of your anniversary came and you were feeling worst just remembering how different would it have been if Kwangmin is with you.

Your doorbell rang even though you weren’t expecting a guest.

You limped your way to answer the door.

Again, a bouquet of roses greeted you but it was much bigger than what you used to receive.

You were about to complain at the delivery man when the flowers moved.

Behind the flowers revealed a face your heart had longed to see, it was Kwangmin.

You felt like your heart would stop as you looked at his beautiful face.

He frowned when he saw the bandage on your ankle.

He looked back into your eyes and pouted “Why didn’t you reply to my messages?”

“What messages?” you asked, confused.

“They were on the CD covers.”

Wide-eyed you scurried to your room even with your pained ankle.

You brought out the CDs and opened them.

In each cover, instead of his signature, there were messages written for you.

 

1st CD

~~~~~-ah,

                You probably have received the flowers by now. I ordered them the day I knew I was going to debut. I didn’t want to break up, I was even willing to drop everything for you, but you broke up with me. I signed the contract and I promised to work hard.

                You’re my inspiration. Happy Anniversary (I guess)

P.S. send your reply to my parents and they will surely deliver it to me.

Love,

Kwangmin

 

2nd CD

~~~~~-ah,

                This is our second album. Every time we perform I always think of you. There are no words to describe how much I miss you. I still love you. I may be selfish but please wait for me.

                Hope to hear from you soon. Happy Anniversary

Love,

Kwangmin

 

3rd CD

~~~~~-ah,

                It makes me sad that I haven’t heard anything from you yet. I hope you haven’t forgotten about me. You’re always on my mind. I pleaded our agency to allow us to date. They agreed, however I need to wait until next year.

                I miss you so much. I hope you’re doing fine, stay healthy. Happy Anniversary

Love,

Kwangmin

 

You couldn’t stop your tears while reading his messages.

You felt him sat next to you with a solemn face.

“You never read them.” he said. It wasn’t a question but a statement.

“I wish I had.” you sobbed. “I was blinded by pain and self-pity that I didn’t bother to open them.”

“Now it’s too late, you already have another girlfriend.”

He shook his head and smiled tenderly “Pabo, YOU are my one and only girlfriend.” He handed you the roses.

You felt your heart soared high.

“Happy Anniversary, I love you.” he said as he pulled you towards him and hugged you tight.

 

__________________

I've thought of this story despite my busy sched

enjoy reading ppyong!♥