Will You Be My Princess?

Boyfriend One-Shots

You snuck into the greenhouse located behind your school.

It’s the only place where you find peace out from the pretentious schoolmates you have.

You’re studying at the most prestigious school in Korea, where almost every student in it is from a chaebol family.

Your family is one of the top five richest families in Korea.

Everyone at school is vying for your friendship to get favors from you and your family.

You couldn’t stand how they always have a smile for you that aren’t even sincere.

You always receive gifts from your wannabe friends, branded dresses, limited edition gadgets and even jewelries and you’re totally sick of them.

You have three friends though that you know you can trust, Hyemi, Cheri and Vicky.

Their families are also one of the top five richest families however unlike you they have been raised to mingle only with people at the same status.

Hyemi is a spoiled brat; Cheri is too materialistic while Vicky pretends there are only rich people in the world.

Luckily you have parents who values different status and they brought you up to treat everyone equally and with respect.

 

“Annyeong.” sounded a voice from behind you.

You snapped out of your thoughts and whirled around.

He was smiling at you charmingly as he waved his hand. You almost lost yourself into his beautiful eye smile.

You immediately caught yourself and asked, “Who are you and why are you here?”

He wasn’t wearing your school’s uniform but a simple white t-shirt and tattered jeans.

“A-ah, I-I work here. N-Lee Minwoo, right, I’m Lee Minwoo.” He wiped his sweaty palm and extended it to you.

You were confused of the way he introduced himself but ignored it.

“You must be new here, this is the first time I’ve seen you.” you said.

“N-neh.” he stammered again. “Omo, mianhe, I’m being rude.” you clasped his hand and shook it.

“I’m, ~~~~~.” You introduced yourself. He smiled at you and your heart thumped crazily.

“Don’t you have class?” he asked. “Nah, it’s alright if I skip at least once. I just feel frustrated so I came here.”

“Do you come here often?” he asked again. “Neh, it’s my favorite place. I love the flowers and the different plants here.” you said dreamily.

“Waeh?” he asked once more. “You ask many questions don’t you?” you said.

He chuckled and scratched his head, embarrassed.

“It may sound crazy but I like talking to them.” you answered him anyway and he frowned.

“The best thing is they don’t answer me with flowery words, they just remain rooted there standing prettily.” you added.

Somehow you felt he understood you as you saw his features softened.

“You can talk to me if you want. I’m a good listener.” he offered.

“Well I’m talking to you right now aren’t I? I don’t even know why.” you answered.

This is the first time you felt comfortable talking to a stranger and who is not even wearing designer clothes.

Maybe it’s because he is regarding you with pure friendliness.

The bell rang for your next class. “Ooops gotta go; I can’t miss this class, bye.”

Before you got out of the door you turned “I’ll see you again!”

Relieved, he beamed at you and nodded. You waved him goodbye.

 

It’s been several days now since you’ve been stopping by the greenhouse.

Without a fail, Minwoo is always waiting there for you. You talk about anything for hours.

You couldn’t understand yourself, time flies fast when you are with him and it feels empty whenever you already need to say goodbye.

You always anticipate every meeting you have with him and you were never bored.

He makes you smile and answers you with his honest opinion.

“Hyemi, Cheri, Vicky this is Minwoo my new friend. He works here at the greenhouse.” one day you brought your friends over and introduced Minwoo to them.

“Yah, ~~~~~-ah. Where did you find him? Eeeww” she whispered to you but it was loud enough for Minwoo to hear.

You threw him an apologetic look and he just smiled at you. Your heart hammered inside your chest again.

Your friends have bombarded you with objections about Minwoo but you refused to listen.

You know Minwoo is a good friend regardless of his status and you like being with him.

 

Your birthday is coming up and you gave Minwoo an invitation card.

“Be sure to come alright?” you saw him hesitating.

“It’s a formal party but you can wear anything you have so long as you can come.” you assured him.

“I’ll be there to celebrate your birthday ~~~~~-ah.” Minwoo said.

“Yeay!” involuntarily you gave him a hug. “Uhm, mianhe.” you immediately released him flushing as red as a tomato.

You heard him chuckled and gently embraced you. You didn’t know why but it was very comforting.

You didn’t mind like you should have instead you rested your cheek on his chest and inhaled his sweet scent.

 

“Yah ~~~~~-ah, why did you invite him here?” Hyemi exclaimed.

You didn’t hear her complaints; your whole attention was towards Minwoo wearing a white tuxedo looking exactly like a prince.

You don’t know how he got the suit but you were so happy to have him at your party.

You were looking at each other; he was mesmerized to see you in a baby pink gown with a silver tiara on top of your hair.

It was time to open your gifts. Some gave you a key for a brand new car, diamonds and other luxurious gifts you always receive each year.

The last gift was a mere blue envelope, it was from Minwoo.

“Boyah! Who still give letters as a gift? So cheap!” Cheri sneered.

Unlike your other gifts you were actually excited to open the envelope.

Inside was a card with ‘Happy Birthday ~~~~~-ah. Will you be my princess?’ written on it.

You felt your chest tightened. It was the best birthday gift you received.

 Minwoo was actually asking you to be his girlfriend.

You came to him “I’m happy to be your princess Minwoo.” you told him without reservations.

You stared at him with all your heart.

You felt him relaxed. He was nervously holding his breath while watching you read the message.

“I have one more gift for you My Princess.” he tenderly said.

He pulled out a small box from his pocket. In it was a beautiful ring with an intricate design of small diamonds.

You were speechless as he put the ring on your finger.

“Perfect.” he said. You finally found your voice “B-But where, how did you get this?”

“Mianhe ~~~~~-ah, I have another confession to make. My real surname is No, not Lee.”

Everyone gasped, No family is the richest family in Korea.

“You were the only one who loved me because of who I really am. I Love you ~~~~~-ah. I hope this changes nothing.” he said waiting for you to respond.

Tears of happiness brimmed in your eyes and you nodded. “I love you too, no matter who you are.”

And he engulfed you in a breathtaking hug.