Bittersweet Kiss

Boyfriend One-Shots

 

 

               Heimi came to school just when the sun started to rise. She was the earliest among all the other students. She gathered her coat close to her as the cold morning wind blew.

               She went to the back of the school where there was a beautiful garden. There were four flower beds formed in an arc surrounding a full circled flower bed in the middle.

               The flowers hadn’t bloomed yet giving the garden somewhat a poignant feeling. Or maybe it was just her. After all she was about to break her heart in just a couple of minutes.

               She sat at one of the benches situated not far away from the flower beds. She fumbled on the seams of her coat; her hands just couldn’t stay still.

               She contented herself at staring at an old withering tree at the far end of the garden. As minutes passed her thoughts wandered in the past.

 

               “Happy birthday Heimi-ah!” Minwoo greeted her. Minwoo had surprised her by bringing her into an unused club room at school.

               Heimi gaped at the room with white and pink balloons on the walls. In the middle, there was a table with a strawberry birthday cake and candles already lit on top of it.

               “Wow.” Heimi burst. She wasn’t expecting such an event from Minwoo. They’ve known each other for some time now and she admits she is attracted to him but it never strike her that Minwoo was this kind of guy.

               She felt embarrassed as caught herself just gawking at the room while Minwoo was expecting a comment from her.

               “I-It’s really beautiful.” she awkwardly smiled. Heimi isn’t the type of girl who gets likes this kind of event, she prefers simpler and not too extravagant events but she was deeply moved by Minwoo’s thoughtfulness.

               The two of them celebrated her birthday. Heimi just couldn’t stop smiling as heart swelled with happiness. By the end of the day Minwoo proposed to her, the best birthday gift she ever had. The wide-eyed Heimi who still couldn’t believe her crush and much more an idol wants to date her, nodded in agreement.

               Both of them decided to hide their relationship. They only see each other at school and communicated through cell phones. Heimi’s first love had been very sweet and heavenly.

               They celebrated Valentine’s day, White day and even their 100th day together. Minwoo was the sweetest boyfriend.

               Although as time passed, Heimi felt frustrated not being able to tell anyone how happy she was. She couldn’t tell the world Minwoo was her boyfriend. Dating an idol was more difficult than what she thought it would be.

               Every time she watches Minwoo’s interviews, she gets hurt when he denies he doesn’t have a girlfriend.

               She keeps telling herself it is what’s best for both of them and Minwoo’s career but she couldn’t help herself from hurting. She never told Minwoo about it.

               Months had passed and Minwoo as a member of the idol group Boyfriend has gained more and more popularity.

               His schedule became twice as hectic as when he first started. He often misses school especially on days when they had to go out of the country.

               She barely sees him anymore and most of the time he was so busy that gradually their phone conversations decreased. She misses him but she couldn’t even complain about it.

               Heimi always tell herself she had to be an understanding girlfriend but still the hurt she felt wouldn’t go away.

               Minwoo was a considerate boyfriend he knew Heimi’s frustrations even though she doesn’t say it. He felt guilty too. He often tells her she’s the only one he could think of when he’s far away and he misses her dearly too.

               His work has been keeping them away from each other. Often times he goes home all tired and before he knew it he falls asleep forgetting to call her.

               Since their anniversary, it had been awkward for both of them. Heimi had texted Minwoo to greet him ‘happy anniversary’.

               She waited all day but a reply never came nor a call. The next day Minwoo had called her.

               “Mianhe Heimi-ah. I totally forgot. Please forgive me I’ll make it up to you.” Minwoo begged.

               Heimi was already past crying after their anniversary and all she could think of was ‘I can’t do this anymore.’

               “Oppa, I’m tired.” was all Heimi said but to Minwoo she said what he dreaded the most.

               “Heimi-ah, you know I love you right?” he croaked. Heimi felt like she was being stabbed by millions of needles.

               “I know oppa, and I love you too but,” before she could continue Minwoo cut her off “See, we love each other. We can make this work Heimi-ah, yeah? I promise this won’t happen again.” He said desperately.

               Heimi had to hold back her tears. She knew, both of them knew it will never work out. Minwoo can’t leave his work and they would never have a normal relationship. They will just end up hurting each other more.

               “Let’s talk tomorrow oppa, at the garden behind the school.” Heimi said. They both agreed to meet as early as possible when no one will see and disturb them.

 

               Heimi heard footsteps coming her way. She turned and saw Minwoo with a somber face. She gulped hard and prepared herself.

               “Good morning.” Minwoo greeted her with a smile that couldn’t even reach his eyes.

               He sat next to her and naturally grasped her small delicate hand to his big and warm hand. A few moments of silence passed.

               Heimi took a deep breath “Let’s break up oppa.” She said as bravely as she could.

               Minwoo looked into her eyes and knew he couldn’t change her mind anymore. He nodded but he didn’t let go of her hand.

               The sky was getting lighter which meant anytime soon students would be coming to school.

               Minwoo squeezed her hand “You know I love you right?”

               "I love you too oppa.” she said turning away as her tears threatened to fall.

               Minwoo cupped her chin and turned her towards him. “I have been an awful boyfriend, I’m sorry.” he sincerely said.

               Tears finally fell on Heimi’s cheeks. Minwoo gently smiled and wiped her tears away with his thumbs. He slowly bent his head to her and softly their lips met.

               They shared one last kiss, a bittersweet goodbye kiss.

 

________________________

A/N: Sorry if I have been neglecting this one-shot ff :( I hope you like this one even though it's not a happy ending. From here on, I will be using an OC. I will also update one-shots once in awhile, whenever I can. Also it will not be in order from hyung to maknae anymore. I've been drawing by lots to who I should put in the story so it will be completely random from now. ^_^ Thank you to my new subscribers and to those who stuck with this even if I haven't been updating. Much love to you all♥♥♥ ^^, Happy birthday to our Jo Twins yeah!!!