Times Gone By

Boyfriend One-Shots

I'll be using an OC here instead of 'You'

____________________

 

My dearest Hana,

When I first met you, you were shy by then but you have the kindest heart. I liked you right then and there. As time passed by I knew I just didn’t like you but I have grown to love you. You were the only one who could stir my heart. We had dreams but I really had only one; that is no other than to be with you and you made it come true.

I was very happy when you told me you love me too. Despite my shortcomings as your boyfriend you still loved me whole heartedly. It breaks my heart when I see you cry; even during the times you cried because of watching a sad movie.

I hugged you and wiped your tears away. I promised I’d always be by your side to comfort you. I know I had my share of the reasons why you cried. There were times when we hurt each other but we still stayed together.

Of course, there were more happy moments between us. We were friends, became lovers and eventually I became your family. I still remember how beautiful you were during our wedding but you were most beautiful when you gave birth to our child. I knew it wasn’t easy for you but you have given me two of the most wonderful gift in the world, your undying love and our child.

Though we have differences and we made arguments but we did good bringing up our child. Look how he had grown, he even have his own family now and living happily. I am very proud of you.

Time has gone by my dear, and I tell you it wasn’t just in a blink of an eye. I watched with my eyes wide open so I wouldn’t miss anything and I’m very glad to have spent my life with you.

Whenever I think of the past it is you who I always find, when you were smiling, crying, sad, angry and even when you were having a difficult time.

I see you now the same as I saw you then. You are my dearest Hana, my friend, my wife, my love and my life. I love you and you know that right?

Our bond is strong that even if I leave this world I shall always love you. Do not cry dear, you know it will break my heart and I wouldn’t be there to wipe your tears for you. My time here will soon end, I can already feel it but it isn’t yours yet. Live your life to the fullest until we meet again on the other side. I will always be with you in your heart.

Right now, though it’s hard, I’m writing this letter to you with my shaking hand. I want you to have something from me when I leave. I won’t worry when I leave I know our son will take good care of you in my place.

We have aged a lot Hana-ah but I still see you as the kind-hearted girl I met before, who stole my heart 50 years ago. Smile baby, you are beautiful when you smile.

 

Love,

Your Kwangmin

               

                  Hana carefully folded the letter and placed it back in the white envelope. It has been a year now since Kwangmin left.

                  Kwangmin told her not to cry but how could she not after first reading his letter? Even during the last days of his life, he was still very sweet to her. The times that had gone by didn’t weaken their love but instead it made them stronger.

                  For the nth time Hana have reread the letter and by the time she finish, she smiles like what Kwangmin wants her to do. Hana loved him too; he was her life as she was his.

                  She hadn’t gotten used to being alone. Sometimes on her sleep she would reach out next to her hoping to touch Kwangmin, only to find herself alone when she woke up. Always and all the time she would set two plates on the table during meals. There were no days she wouldn’t gaze at his pictures. She would sometimes open their photo albums from when they started dating and when they grew old.

                  The phone rang. “Yoboseyo?” Hana answered.

                  “Hello mom, I’m coming to pick you up now. Sorry I was late, there were a lot of papers to do at work.” Her son explained.

                  Hana’s eyes widened then she looked at the wall clock “Omo, I lost track of time too, don’t worry dear take your time I haven’t prepared yet so it’s alright.”

                  She hurried up as much as her body allowed her to. He dressed herself up and pinned her gray hair into a bun. She had to look pretty even at an old age after all it’s not always that he sees her son. Today is a special day, a dinner date with her son.

                  The dinner was very sumptuous. Hana lovingly gazed at his son who mostly resembles Kwangmin a lot. “Waeh umma?” he asked when he noticed her staring.

                  Hana placed her gnarled hands on top of his. “Son, take care of your family well like your dad has taken care of us. Whatever happens, your family will always be behind you.” She said, patted his hand and let go.

                  Her son frowned at how unusual his mom was acting but then he shrugged it off. He knew how his parents loved each other and he thought her mom just missed his dad.

                  “No mom, I’ll pay for it.” He said as he took out his wallet.

                  “Aniya, this one is on me. We barely see each other so please let me pay it like a mother should be feeding his son.” she smiled as she handed the bill to the waiter.

                  After dinner he dropped her off. Hana did her daily rituals and went to bed.

 

                  “Hana-ah..” Kwangmin called. He was wearing a white tuxedo. He looked very young just like when they first met. He opened his arms wide.

                  Happiness soared inside Hana’s chest and she ran into his arms and hugged him dearly. She was stunned at first how light she felt. She even ran towards Youngmin. She examined her arms and they were smooth gone are the gnarled old skin.

                  “Kwangmin-ah..” she spoke his name out loud.

                  Kwangmin carefully untangled himself from Hana’s hug and looked into her eyes. “I really missed you.” He smiled and gently said “It’s time Hana-ah, I’m here to pick you up.”

                  Hana understood, finally they will be together again. She took hold of Kwangmin’s outstretched hand and together they walked into the light.

 

____________________

Now you see why I didn't want to use 'You' because at the end I killed the protagonist..hehe

This is my first time writing a sad story please be kind to me.. :) I'm not sure if its good enough OTL