Library

Boyfriend One-Shots

 

                

You tapped your nose with your forefinger as you searched the bookshelves. You already have several books cradled in your arms but you needed one more for the paper you are doing.

*Ah, there it is.* your eyes fixed on the book located at the top of the shelves. You looked around but no one was there to help you.

You knew you couldn’t reach it but you tried your luck anyway. You reached up on your tippy-toes. *Just...a little bit...more...* you inched forward.

“Oma!” you squealed as you lost your balance. The books fell first on the floor. You squeezed your eyes shut and waited to hit the hard floor but you didn’t. You peeked in one eye.

“Kwenchana?” he asked. Your eyes rounded at the sight of his face so close to yours. He caught you by the waist with his strong lean arms.

You blinked twice before you could recover yourself. He pulled you back up on your feet and steadied you. “Kwenchana?” he asked again.

For a moment there, you lost your tongue to speak. He looked at you and looked towards the top of the shelf. He easily reached for the book that you wanted. “Here you go.” He handed you the book.

“U-Uhm t-thanks.” You stammered.

He bent down and scooped up the scattered books on the floor “Where is your seat? I’ll help you with these.”

You were still in a daze when you led him at the table. He carefully stacked the books on the desk. He turned to you and gave you a breathtaking smile. “Just call me if you need me. I’m a new working student here in the library so don’t hesitate to ask for my help.”

“O-Oh really..s-sure.” You awkwardly smiled and he left. You knocked your head *Ugh! What’s wrong with me? I shouldn’t be this awkward. He helped me because it was his job on the first place and nothing more.’

You buried yourself on your books to distract yourself and relieved you out of your embarrassment.

 

“~~~~~~~shi, ~~~~~~~shi.” A soothing and familiar voice called you.

“Mmmm, just five minutes more.” You groaned in your sleep. You heard a chuckle and you felt a hand gently shook you.

“I can’t let you do that ~~~~~~~~shi. We need to close the library now.”

“Mwoh?” you groggily sat up and met eyes with him. Amusement lurked in the corners of his lips. Your eyes widened at the realization. You fell asleep while doing your paper. You slapped a palm on your forehead “Great, now I have to work double time tomorrow to make it on the deadline.” you grumbled.

“Thank you for waking me up.” you meekly told him.

“You’re welcome.” he smiled *I liked watching you sleep.* he thought.

He left you while you packed your things up. He was already by the door waiting for you to come out.

You looked out and the sky was already dark. The time was already past the usual time the library should be closed. You felt guilty “I’m sorry because of me it took you this late, you should’ve woke me up earlier.” You apologized.

“It’s alright; I had a lot of things left to do too. I figured I finish them first before waking you up, so you could sleep a little longer. Your dark circles tell me you needed the sleep.” He gently said.

“You unconsciously touched your face. “Uhm...thanks.”

He hurriedly locked up and caught up with you on your way out of the school in no time. “I’ll walk you home. It’s dangerous for a lone girl to walk this late.”

Your heart thumped and it felt warm. It was already very nice of him to allow you to sleep at the library and now he even wants to walk you home. Your stomach fluttered weirdly but in a good way.

Your house is just a walking distance away from school so it didn’t take that much time.

“Thank you very much....uhm...” you trailed off. You didn’t even know his name.

“Minwoo, No Minwoo.” he introduced.

“I’m ~~~~~~~~.” you said.

“I know.” he beamed. That made you frown. Now that you thought of it he called you by your name when he was waking you up.

He had seemed to read your mind “I saw your name on your school ID when you were asleep.” he explained. You bid farewell at each other and you thanked him again. You waited until he disappeared around the corner before you went inside.

“I’m home.” you called out. “Well, look who had a good day today.” Your mom noticed your ear-to-ear smile. You just giggled and hurried to your room.

 

You frequently visited the library and each time you look forward to it. He was true to his words. He did help you out, whether it’s looking for the book you need or merely getting you the books that are far from your reach.

You became good friends too. He’s very polite, sweet and he even made you laugh at his silliness. He walks you home too every time you finish late in the library. It may sound absurd but in a few days that you have known him you have come to like him.

“Minwoo oppa, can you please hand me that book.” Your head snapped towards the girl who just asked for Minwoo’s help.

He gave her the same smile he gave you and took the book for her. When she went out, she even opened the door for her.

Your face fell and your heart started to ache. ‘I was so stupid to even think he likes me too. He is just a nice guy who readily helps anyone who asks him. It wasn’t a special treatment at all but he is just that kind of guy.”

You still went to the library for your paper and it’ll be finish in two days. You still talk to Minwoo but he felt as if you built an invisible wall between the two of you.

You assumed too much and wanted to quit your foolishness. You decided to kill your feelings for him first before you can sincerely be friends with him.

You still talk to him but barely now, you asked for help from other librarians and you always check the time so you could leave earlier than him.

On your way out of the library Minwoo grabbed your arm. “~~~~~~~~~~ah, did I do something wrong?” he worriedly gazed into your eyes.

You shook your head and fainted innocence. “No Minwoo. I-I’m just really busy. You know, my paper is going to be due in two days so it’s kind of hectic.” you fibbed.

He stared at you as if he was reading your soul; you quickly looked away and tugged your arm away from his hold. His hands fell on his side. He nodded “I understand. Good luck.” he said and went back to his station. You never thought pushing him away would hurt you so much.

 

Two days passed and you successfully made it on the deadline. You should have been happy but you weren’t. You stopped going to the library which meant no more moments with Minwoo. Even though it was just one-sided but you felt happier than any other days in your life.

“~~~~~~~~ah...” Minwoo called. He was standing right outside your house waiting for you.

You were surprised to see him. Your heart skipped a beat. He still looked the same but his eyes bore uncertainty and worry.

“O-Oh Minwoo-ah, what are you doing here?” you asked.

“To see you, since you stopped going to the library I came here instead.” he pouted and blew air into his cheeks.

Your brows met “Why?” you blurted out.

He nervously bit his lower lip. “B-because I missed you.” He looked down and peeked under his lashes.

“Why?” you repeated your question like a broken CD.

He took a deep breath and gathered his courage “I love you that is why.” He took your cold hands into his warm one. “Will you take me?” he sincerely asked.

Tears of happiness fell on your cheeks and you nodded. He wiped them away with the back of his hand and embraced you.

“I have one more question though. Why did you avoid me?”

You buried your face on his chest. “Mianhe, I thought you were just nice to me like you are to everyone else.”

He chuckled “Pabo, of course I’d help other students in the library, that is my job but have you ever seen me walk home with someone else?”

You shook your head. “I’ve only done that with you ~~~~~~~ah, you are special after all.” His voice filled with tenderness that spread warmth in your heart.

“I love you.” both of you coincidentally said in unison. You and Minwoo laughed and gazed at each other with love.