VIII

Vampires vs. Werewolves

"Minwoo!" Hyunseong opens the door quickly. "You and your mate have to get out of here. There are vampires on out territory!"

"What about you?"

"We'll hold them off as long as we can but it is vital that you and your mate stay safe." Hyunseong leaves. I look out the window, I can see Ken and Hongbin down below as Jeongmin and the twins shift to werewolf form. The two opposing creatures growl at each other a moment before attacking.

I run downstairs, I can't let them destroy each other.

"Mory wait, it's not safe!" Minwoo calls after me, I can't stop running though; I'd rather get hurt if it means Hongbin isn't destroyed.

I step onto the porch, Ken is wrestling a blond and a brown wolf and Hongbin has two black wolves on him. My brothers use their super strength to pry the wolves off, zooming around the area at lightening speed. This is the first time to I've seen them use their powers in a while. Don't get me wrong, it's entertaining but I need this fight to stop.

"HONGBIN STOP!!" I scream, hoping one of the road runners will let the dust settle.

"Mory!" Hongbin tries to reach me at which point the twins pin him down, continuing to rip at his flesh; the gruesome sight could anyone gag.

"Youngmin! Kwangmin! Get off him" I shout charging at the wolves. They tumble off and change to human.

"What are you doing?" One asks in rage.

"..We're protecting you from the enemy!" The other finishes.

"No you are not that's my brother!" I shout and throw myself over Hongbin. His arms are bleeding furiously, tears weld in my eyes.

"Hongbin, Hongbin I'm sorry" I cry into his chest, a weak hand pats my back.

One of the wolves begins barking to which the remaining wolves get off of Ken. The three off us are at home in a flash.


"Mory, I'm so glad you're okay" Hongbin says placing me on his bed. He begins to bandage his arms while I sit in grief.

I cannot begin to describe the guilt I feel. I wish I never met Minwoo, the love I feel for him is destroying my heart and the guilt I feel towards my brothers is destroying what's left.

"Hongbin I-"

"No, don't speak listen." Hongbin's voice suddenly turns serious.

"Do you have any idea what you have done? You know the rules, Vampires and Werewolves cannot be together, it is strictly AGAINST THE RULES! " Hongbin finishes in a shout.

"But I'm not a vampire, I'm a human." I protest, 'cause it is true.

"I thought you wanted to be one of us but you haven't done anything to show it. You know N was seriously considering to let me change you, but now I can't because you had to go and FLIRT WITH DISASTER! THOSE ARE OUR ENEMIES, MORY! NOT BACHELORS FOR YOU"

"He isn't disaster and he isn't the enemy" I sob

"He?"

"Minwoo, he's my mate." Hongbin's eyes widen, I've said too much.

"Mory, where is she!? I'm gonna kill her!!" I hear someone scream outside the room. N shoves the door open and reaches to strangle me. If Hongbin wasn't there to stop him, I would've been choked then and there.

"Forget it N, I already yelled at her." He says in a low voice.

"But! She!"

"Let it go" Hongbin says ushering N out, he closes the door and avoids my gaze.

"I'm sorry" I say and hug Hongbin tightly. He responds letting me see a light of forgiveness.

"I'm sorry too, you act so mature that we sometimes forget you're so young." He says and let's go of me, he then closes the door. I try to follow but the door is locked, my mind suddenly panics.

"Hongbin! HONGBIN LET ME OUT!!"

"So you can run off to your little wolf again!? Not a chance!" I here another door close. ARGH he can't keep me in here, sure he pretty much guessed what I was going to do but still, how will I eat? How will I go to the bathroom. My eyes wander searching for a solution, finally they reach the window. Guess this is my only option. I proceed to climb out of the small window.

Once outside of the cottage, I quietly peek around for Minwoo. If only I were a werewolf then I could smell him or at least have some other way of finding him. I wonder if he can smell me as a human?

With the coast clear I begin to wander in the direction of Minwoo's cabin, with no luck I was losing hope; I sit down on the nearby bank.

Not too long am I sitting before I feel a pair of warm hands cover my eyes.

"Guess who." My spirit instantly lifts, I turn and launch myself at my mate.

"Whoa whoa easy you'd think you hadn't seen me in months or something."

"It felt like months, my brothers don't understand that I can't just leave you" I say squeezing him tighter, I feel that if I let go I will lose him again and this time forever.

"I know, my pack isn't too happy about the situation either, but they forgive you. They aren't pleased that you have relations to vampires but as long as they're not blood relations they've already forgiven you. It's vampires that hold grudges" I'm still holding onto Minwoo for dear life, nothing has convinced me that it is yet safe to let go. I feel myself on the verge of crying, I really am scared now. I want to be with Minwoo forever and forget the whole vampire werewolf thing, I want to go home and pretend this summer never happened but still have Minwoo waiting for me. Wait, that doesn't make sense.

"Mory I love you, and you will always be mine" he says prying me off him slightly. I look into his deep brown eyes, and feel the tears spill from own.

"I love you too, I don't want this to end" I sob.

"It won't end, I promise just promise me you will wait and I'll come find you" I nod. Minwoo wipes one of my tears and leans in giving me a kiss. I kiss back still crying slightly.

"I love you" he says and bites my neck. The serge of pain is instant and jolts me awake; like being stabbed in the neck. I shriek slightly as I feel my whole world crashing before me, my life before my eyes. Am I dying? The pain slowly lifts and I faint in Minwoo's arm.