IX

Vampires vs. Werewolves

My brain conscious with my eyes closed, I am leaning on someone's shoulder; their arm wrapped around me. I wake to something tossing me around. I open my eyes and I am in the van. I look around, everyone else is in the van, I begin to panic.

"Where are we going?" I ask concerned. I look out the window to see we're leaving the gravel path and entering a highway. No, say it ain't so.

"We're going home" Leo says, eyes locked on his book.

"What!? No we can't!!" I thought I died last night, I think I did. I must have died and god is just sending me to hell for falling in love with the enemy. Not the enemy, their enemy.

"Yes we can and we are" N says from the driver's seat. This is worse than dying.

"But I didn't get to say good bye" I whine, I don't care how annoying it is.

"I think your little sneak-off was pretty close" Hongbin says folding his arms.

"What?" How could he have known, I was gone that long.

"You left yesterday, I came in to let you out and you were gone"

"You locked me in your bedroom and the window was open, how could I not take the opportunity to escape captivity"

"The point is I found you in your own room an hour or so later, so either you escaped to get to your own room or you went to visit your wolf on the way." Darn, I was sure I could get away with it this time. I sigh and lean against the window, the full disappointment hadn't hit me yet. I was still tired, I close my eyes and sleep. Little did I know I would wake to endless misery.