III

Vampires vs. Werewolves

The next morning, Ravi and Ken were dedicated to catching more fish then me. I accepted the challenge, knowing I could win easily. Afterwards I would find my wolf friend and my day would be perfect.


"I got another one!" I shout, hoping to scare away a few fish away from Ken.

"Save some fish for us" Ken whines.

"No way, I love it when I catch more 'cause then I can brag about it later"

"Gee, Mory you it'd be a shame if this boat were to suddenly tip" Ken teases shaking the boat slightly.

"That wouldn't be safe, suppose one of us gets hooked while your playing your nasty joke!"

"Live bate!" Hyuk shouts tossing a worm at me.

"Hey!" I say splashing water at Hyuk. It doesn't take long before Ravi and Ken join in as well. 


"If you guys get one drop of water on my book, I will through you into the lake!" Leo shouted, I stopped what I was doing, half of me was already soaked. That was the most he'd said all summer.

"You know Leo, we're close enough to shore. You can get out if you want" Leo does not need to think twice. He hops out of the boat and walked the rest of the way.

"Hey, Hongbin wanna tip the boat now?"

"Sure but let's empty out all the fishing stuff first" 

Hongbin and I paddled to shore, Ravi and Ken got out.

"Don't stay out too long, the blood of a sick person tastes bad!"

I shrug it off and paddle back out. I love tipping the canoe, it's so fun. Especially when you swim into the air pocket under the boat and your voice echoes.

"1.. 2... 3..."

SPLASH!!


"ECHOOOOO!" I shout under the boat.

"Quiet down and... Do you hear that?"

"What?"

"Sounds like barking"

I put my ear to the boat, I did hear it. Oh no, did my wolf see me go under? I hope he isn't worried. 

I swam out from under the boat, it was my wolf. 

"Shhh quiet! I'm okay"

"Who are you talking to?"

"N-no one" 

"C'mon let's go back" 

I pulled the boat back, that was fun. I wrapped myself in a towel and sat at the edge of the water. 

I felt someone or something me. Ewwww. 

"Hey your back"

The wolf began to whimper.

"It's okay, it was just for fun." I give a reassuring smile, I wish he could talk. I wrap my arms around him, no sooner do I when he starts to change. I could no longer feel the wolf's fur, what'a happening.

My embrace became skin to skin. I gasped, at looked. Before me was a boy who looked around my age, with brown hair and golden eyes, which quickly changed to dark brown.