II

Vampires vs. Werewolves

 

I wake to an empty bed, I pout, I always liked it when Hongbin slept with me. Everyone is in the kitchen, N and Ken sipping animal blood, Hongbin making breakfast for me, Ravi and Hyuk waiting at the table patiently; Leo, reading.

"Morning, Princess" Hongbin says pecking me on the cheek. 

"Morning" I say sweetly, I look to my left and see Hyuk still staring eagerly.

"Are you hungry, Hyuk?" He nods and moves to where I am sitting. Hyuk takes my wrist in his hands and kisses where he will bite. I feel the sharp prick if his fangs and then nothing. I much prefer feeding from the wrist, simply because it is easier for me to function afterward.

Hyuk finishes and puts a bandaid on my wrist. The other thing about wrist feeding, is the punctures heal much faster then on the neck. 

I turned to Ravi next who is already placing himself on my other wrist. I watched as Ravi's eyes flickered a bright shade if red (as vampire eyes always do when feeding). I couldn't help but wish my eyes could flicker red too.

Ravi finished and immediately crashed his lips on mine. I stood there wide eyed and shock, that was new. Usually the affectionate Ravi nuzzles and hugs but this, this is way more forward then I'm used to. 

Ravi pulled away and got up from the table. I my lips, mmmm metallicy, can't say it's very appetizing but I guess I'll have to get use to it if I want to be a vampire someday.

Which reminds me,

"When are you going to change me?" A groan passed over the room. 

"Mory we've been over this" N says unenthusiastically. 

"So why? Why won't you change me??"

"Because you're not ready" N continues, clearing away dishes.

"That's all you ever say, when will I be ready? Tomorrow? Next week? When?"

"I don't know, Mory." N says.

"Just wait give it time" Ken adds patting my arm, which I move from his reach.

"Waiting's hard and you're not giving me a reason that will make me want to!"

"Mory lower your voice I'm trying to read!" Leo interrupts, how annoying!

"Shut up! If you aren't going to plead my case then don't speak!"

I say and stomp out of the cottage, I need air and space. I decide to follow a path down the Forrest. Maybe, but not likely, I'll find another vampire to change me there.
 
Not too far in do I see something up ahead, something familiar. The two eyes from yesterday, and they belong to a wolf. A gorgeous light brown wolf, that I want to pet so badly. N told me never to trust a wolf unless I knew exactly where it came from. Yet I couldn't take my eyes off this one, I was drawn in by some magnetic force.

I take a step closer, trying to be as quiet as possible. I pray to god, this is a normal wolf I want to be close to it, without my brothers on my back.

The wolf begins to move forward, I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't feeling a little nervous at this point. Since we've never had a dog and mother N has been really strict about wolfs. 

Within a few moments the wolf is directly in front of me. I hold out my hand and squeeze my eyes shut, either it will bite off my hand now or it will stay back; I'm shaking.

The pain of teeth never arises, instead I feel something soft and warm.  I open my eyes to see the wolf nuzzling it's head in my hand. I kneel down and wrap my arms around it's neck.

"Your so sweet" I say into it's fur. I doubt it could answer me though. 


"Mory!!??? Morgan!! GGET BACK HERE NOW!!"

No I don't wanna leave, I can't leave. Plus if I face N now, I'll still have fur on me.

"Promise me," I say to the wolf as if it is listening.

"Promise me you'll meet me back here tomorrow, I have to go now"

The wolf lowered its head and whimpered, maybe it could understand me.

"Bye" I say and run through the Forrest and back to the cottage.

"Oh Mory, I'm so glad you're alright" N says hugging me tightly. 

"What are you covered in?" N asks ripping my shirt off. 

"Hey I though you weren't letting me go topless!"

"You're wearing a bathing  suit, that's an exception" N says examining my shirt. I am so dead.

"C'mon let's go, we're going fishing later and I want to go into town and get Ravi a rod" N drags me by the arm into the cottage. I look over my shoulder and catch a one last glimpse of my new friend.