IV

Vampires vs. Werewolves

 

I stumbled back. Oh no, he can't be. The boy comes closer.

"I-I'm sorry for barking, I was just so worried" 

I'm rendered speechless, why was he worried for me? I barely knew him. And worse, my fears have been realized.

"I.. I can't talk to strangers." Especially since you're a werewolf. This boy in theory is my enemy and N will kill me when he finds out that I ever went near any of his kind. 

"You talked to me before, why is this any different?"

The boy gives me a warm smile, I notice he is shivering. It is also only now that I notice he is . I immediately take off my towel and hand it to him, my clothes can sun dry. 

"Because" I begin "I know what you are now." 

The boy quirks an eye brow as if to say 'oh yeah?' 

"You're a werewolf and I have to stay away from you. My brothers are vampires and they'll kill you. I have to go" I say standing up, I'm not sure why I ran for the Forrest and not the cottage, It was the first place in sight. I keep running, surely he may follow me but then at least I can break N's number one rule with him finding out. What N doesn't know won't hurt him, further into the woods I must go.

I'm so busy thinking of all this, that I barely notice the stump I am about to trip over.

I land with a thud, scraping my exposed legs. Great, now I have mosquito bites and scrapes to let heal.

I turn and lay on my back, panting. The Forrest floor slowly making a mess of my hair. I don't care, a little dirt and leaves never hurt.

I felt a pull feeling towards the boy, the magnetic field never seemed to leave. I want to be close to him, but I really can't.

I close my eyes and listen to the rushing water nearby, to the chirping birds in the high tree tops; to the buzz of nearby cicadas. What am I doing?... I have no idea.

Not much longer do I feel myself drifting off. I am nearly asleep when I suddenly feel a weight on my stomach and stretching to my chest. I dare not open my eyes. I feel a head nuzzle into my neck. My brain is not totally conscious, leaving me to assume I am back at the cottage, in somebody's bed and perhaps one of my brother's was just feeding. Maybe Hongbin was just feeding, how I would love to wake up home now.

                    ~

I open my eyes to see the wolf lying on me. I dare not move, he is keeping me warm. My brain begins to compromise with itself, perhaps my wolf ran off and that boy just happened to be in the neighborhood.. In the neighborhood of where? Skinny-dip vill? 

No, I know what I saw and I know what I experienced... However, as long as he stays in wolf form, I won't need to rush off.

I sit up, my wolf begins to whimper. I his head, and sigh. I really should go back now. 

"I wish I knew your name.." I say unconsciously to myself. Suddenly my wolf begins to change again. I am almost certain I may be caught with him at this point. 

"My name is Minwoo"

"Stay back" I warn 

"What's your name?" He asks, I'm scared to answer.

"M-my n-name is Mory" which comes out in a stutter. "But stay back, my brothers are vampires" I say backing away, why won't he listen?

"But you're not?" He says following me. His answer surprises me.

"What?" How does he know? Can he smell my human-ness? Has growing up with cold bloods given me an irregular but still recognizable body temperature?


"You said your brothers are vampires so then you're a human, correct?"

"Yeah so, I'll be one soon anyway"

"So until then, you have nothing to be in trouble for" he has a point, darn and he's cute too, double darn. The boy continues to stare at me. 

"PSHH You think I'm scared of getting in trouble? Hah I'm more worried for your sake." Let's hope that sounded convincing. 

"Alright then if you're so confident, can I show you something?"

"I really need to get back, my brother's have probably already noticed I've been gone. Can I see it tomorrow?"

"Sure" he smiles "don't forget" he gives me a kiss on the cheek. My chest flutters and I turn, ready to face my brothers. I hadn't done anything wrong, so there was nothing to be afraid of. 

                   ~
 
"Mory don't go in the kitchen, N's having a melt down" Hongbin says when I step in the cottage. 

"I'll let him know you're back" Leo says quietly. I mentally thanked him.

"What were you doing?"

"I just went for a walk"

"Were you walking or rolling?" Hongbin chuckles, pulling leaves from my hair.

"Well actually I took a nap, you'd be surprised how comfortable the Forrest floor is"

"What ever you say, princess. Go wash up and I'll get you something to eat."


I take a shower, with extremely hot water. It takes 200% effort to get all the dirt, twigs and any other small inhabitants that found my hair, out of my hair.

After my shower and food, I find myself yawning.was today really that tiring? Maybe, but I need to get back into my summer routine: late nights, somewhat sleep ins, most importantly MORE energy.

"Hongbin~ can you sleep with me?" I ask rubbing my eyes, I probably seem like a small child to him.

"Of course, princess" Hongbin says kissing my forehead.

"What's with all the princess? I have a nickname"

"I know, I just think it suits you" I shrug it off and get into bed, Hongbin wraps his arms around my waist. He may not be a warm body, but he's enough. I snuggle closer and sleep sound. I can't wait to see Minwoo tomorrow.