XI

Vampires vs. Werewolves

I didn't know it was possible to forget your mate ad I hadn't forgotten him totally. But I found myself thinking about Minwoo, less and less. I started to wear lighter make up and put my hair up again. My mood shifted nicely and even my brothers were noticing a change in attitude. I still wasn't leaving the house but it didn't matter because the April sunshine brought in a new feel to life.

It was just a few weeks into the month that everything changed, it was all downhill from there.

~

It is a weekend and Hongbin and I are in the house alone. We are watching a movie and cuddling on the bed when I start to feel strange. Nausea? No, something else. Hongbin continues to come closer as each scene of the movie progresses. The feeling grows, discomfort, nervousness, but why?

The movie ends and Hongbin's lips move to my ear. "It's time," he whispers "Mory" he leans down and I feel his hot breath on my neck. I can see where this is going. Hongbin's teeth graze against my neck and I make a noise from the back of my throat.

Hongbin looks up at me and I growl at him. His eyes widen furiously as he backs away. I growl again, this time I feel it; the world spinning in front of me and a feeling like shedding one's skin. I look down to see my hands have been replaced with paws and fur, cool.

"You let him change you!?" Hongbin shouts, he's even more angry then the first time he scolded me this past summer.

"Yes" I bark, but he can't understand me and I don't care because I can feel my old self returning. None of that Morgan garbage, me, Mory.

I walk forward, cornering Hongbin. He hesitates a moment before hiring me over the head with a lamp; I black out.