Middle of nowhere

Aftermath

Baekhyun:

I woke up, after a long dream, which was in an earthquake and I was going to the groceries with Chanyeol and then we were slammed to the ground. I grunted, not being able to get up. Something big and hefty was holding me down. Craning my neck, I gasped. All around me, everything was flattened. If there was ever a sign of life, there isn't any at the moment. I realized that the earthquake really had come, and there was a huge piece of wood on top of me. Horror struck me. My friends, my neighbors, my family, and most of all, my sister, HYERI!!!! It wasn't a dream.

"Hyeri!!!" I called out, hoping that she was safe and sound. I gave a strangled cry and tried to move away from the wood. Someone was besides me, and unconscious. I realized that it was my best friend, Park Chanyeol. 

"Chanyeol-ah, get up," I shook him. He made a noise before fully waking up.

"Meh?" He looked around in confusion before the truth dawned to him. He sprang up into the air and dug in his pockets for something.

"An earthquake 8.0!" Chanyeol gasped. My jaw fell to the center of the earth if it was possible. 8.0! Did anyone even survive that kind of earthquakes? A disturbing thought came to my mind, what if we were the only humans on Earth? But I quickly pushed that thought away.

"But, not to worry, I have a pack of chocolate pocky to let us eat!" Chanyeol cheerfully held up a package of half eaten Pocky. I facepalmed myself, but was glad that I had someone like Chanyeol to cheer me up in dire situations.

"Erm, Chanyeol? Can you help me?" I gestured to the peice of wood that started to get very heavy. He nodded and pulled it up with ease. Whoa. I thanked him and we started walking straight. Since there were no street signs, the city we knew was now a place in the middle of nowhere.

"Lookie! A pot! We ought to save that, and a canister of water whoa so much clothes!" Chanyeol's eyes bulged at a closet that had fallen. There was a lot of clothes in it, men clothes. So we grabbed everything we found that could beuseful and walked on. It was getting dark, but we didn't care. Both of us didn't mention it, but it didn't take a genius to find out that we were walking on in hopes to find people we know. Luck might've been on our side though because we heard a shout of despair from the side. Well, luck that there was someone else living that is.

"Sounds like Sehun," Chanyeol commented and we scurried in that direction.

"Mom? You are alive right? You have to be? Don't leave me here! Dad...." Broken sobs were heard. Chanyeol rushed toward the noise. It was Sehun alright, and he was kneeling in front of a bloody couple. His parents. My heart went out for that poor boy. He and his parents were very close indeed.

"Sehun?" Chanyeol gently hugged the boy. I placed my things on the ground next to Chanyeol's things and looked for a pulse, a hope that Sehun's parents were alive. But none were found. They were dead. Sehun knew that, but he didn't want to let them go.

"Sehun, shh, it's going to be fine," I patted his back. When he finally calmed down, he looked at us with a tearstained face, "Will I be alright?" I nodded encouragingly. Sehun staggered upward and walked off. The moon was in the sky, illuminating a path which we chose to take. Sehun helped hold some of the stuff, so our hands weren't as full. 

We walked in silence, all of us deep in thoughts. Will we be alright?

~~~

I was greeted with a pink sky. Shivering, I pulled my jacket tighter and looked around. I heard a yawn from besides me and the young boy sat down next to me and stared into the distance. His mood was morbid, due to the fact that the idea that his parents were dead had finally gotten through his head.

"Don't know where they are," I sighed, stomach grumbling. There were some granola bars hidden somewhere within our pile of stuff but I was too lazy.

"We need to find the rest of them," Sehun insisted, talking about our 5 neightbors. I nodded in agreement. He was silent for a while.

"You guys aren't hungry?" A disbelieved voice came from behind us. Chanyeol had 6 granola bars in hand and he was smiling mischeviously. My stomach ached for that food. I reached to grab it but he held it up high above his head. I feel short now. Sehun jumped and grabbed 2. He scarfed them down, smirking triumphantly, his worries forgotten. I harrumphed and tried to jump. No luck.

"Come on~" I whined. Chanyeol laughed and handed me 2, "Welcome." I rolled my eyes and thanked him, finally making my stomach happy. 

"What should we do today?" Chanyeol rubbed his hands when we were done, excited for adventure. I shrugged and glanced at Sehun, seeing if he had any ideas. He shook his head glumly.

"Well, we could look for bags to hold this stuff and look for the others," I suggested. Sehun grumbled and sat down next to our pile. 

"Ok then. Me and you!" Chanyeol took off. I glanced a Sehun, making sure he was ok. He was muttering to himself. I shook my head and began to scour the area. Not a sign of life, but I did find some food, like tomatos and honey. There was also a huge shopping bag which we could use. With these finds, I walked back. Chanyeol was already there, eating something. His eyes were troubled, for I could see that in the bright sun.

"What's wrong?" I sheilded my eyes. I had a terrible feeling. Sehun, where was he? 

"Sehun's gone." Chanyeol looked at me. I squeezed my eyes shut and sank to the ground. Just when we found him, he decided to run off. Oh Sehun, please be safe, I begged.

"Let's pack this stuff up, eat a hearty meal and look for him. Bet he's looking for his parent's or something." I took the tomato and chopped it into slices and we ate it. It was our 'hearty' meal. As quickly as we could, we packed the things up and walked backward. 

"There!" Chanyeol had a real good eyesight and pointed at something blue in the distance. It took me a moment to realize that it was a river. Sure enough, there was a figure by the river, digging something. I ran and shouted Sehun's name.

"Baekhyun? Chanyeol? I'm at peace for now." He looked at his makeshift graves for his parents, sastified. I chuckled and patted him, glad that he was happy for the time being. Chanyeol insisted we travel along with the river, so we walked down. There was a small group of people sitting. A wonderful smell hit me. It was like...ribs or something. Chanyeol whooped and ran toward them. 

Little did I know that it was my sister and the others.