Past

Aftermath

Hyeri:

I didn't even consider struggling because they'd only roughen their grip.

"This way," one of the dudes pushed me into this huge hut made of woven straws. It was lit by a lot of candles and was quite warm. Ahead of me sat a woman. I was presented to her. 

"There she is," all of the people who took me bowed to the lady. I wanted to look up to see who she was but the guards held my head to the ground. I was kneeling already, so it appeared as though I was bowing to her. My .. I heard a crack of lightning and the rumble of thunder. As the woman dismissed the guys, I counted the claps. There were 9 of them. The storm was 9 miles from here. You have to be safe guys.

"You can look up now," a horribly familiar voice told me. It was high itched and tingling. I looked up and hid my shock. It was Park Minyoung. She was my ex-best friend.

"Minyoung..." I opened my mouth to say more but she interrupted, "Hyeri, long time no see." She examined her perfectly manicured nails. Memories started rushing back at me. I fought to keep them out of my head. My hands were suddenly bound behind me.

"What do you want?" I leveled my cold gaze at her.

"You'll see," she smirked. She was never like this before. I guess people changed.

"Do you remember about why I unfriended you?" She looked at me.

Flashback:

Minyoung and I haven't hung out since forever. It seemed that we were growing more distant nowadays. Maybe it was because she spent most of her time hanging out with my brother or maybe it was because I started making aquaintences with my neightbor, Mira. 

"Hi Hyeri!" 12 year old Minyoung waved.

"Oh Minyoung! I was just waiting for you," I ran to her. Mira, who I was playing with, trailed behind me.

"What's she doing here?" Minyoung wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"Don't speak to Mira in that way!" I scolded her.

"Why. You choose her over me?" Minyoung crossed her arms. Mira backed away and let us be.

"Of course not! She was there for me when I was bored and neglected by you." I scoffed. Minyoung blinked, her brain processing my words. Perhaps I'd regret the words later on, but I was way to caught up in the moment.

"Do you know what?" Minyoung had a triumphant look on her face.

"What?" I tilted my head as my phone buzzed. I recieved a text from my other friends.

"I used you." I snapped my head up.

"You what?" I shriekd, barely comprehending anything at the moment. Text forgotten, I glared at Minyoung.

"Yup. I used you. You are smart, so you let me copy your homeowrk, you are well known throughout the city so you got me friends and you have a good looking brother which got me my first boyfriend." Minyoung proudly bragged her achievements. My mind swirled. 

"...no..." Was all I uttered out.

Days later, Baekhyun broke up with Minyoung because she did what she did to me and because he found out she only liked him because of his looks. From then on, Minyoung hated me.

End flashback.

"Yeah, using any other friends now?" I retorted. 

"I wish...but none were as good as you. I love my acting skills, don't you?" She was still full of herself. A girl who I had once thought we were forever best friends was now my sworn enemy.

"Well.. let's move on, shall we?" She stood up and paced around. It was then I realized that she was wearing a very...revealing dress. Who wore this stuff when they were trying to survive?

"What is it now?" I was getting tired of her games, and this time, I will come out unscathed in body parts and unaffected in the heart.

"I'm going to torture you. And eventally kill you of course, which will cause Baekhyun to suffer. Speaking fo Baekhyun, there he is~" she singsonged and pointed a slender finger at the door. I saw Baekhyun and Xiumin stagger in with guards or whatever surrounding them. Xiumin! What is he doing here? That means the other six are here! But.. where are they?

"Golden, ever found out what that meant?" Minyoung cocked her head curiously. She was so sick.

"I'm the golden girl...and when I'm gone you'll be the golden girl.." I whispered as realization hit me. it all made sense. The mangling of my parents (to make us suffer) and the color golden. 

"Good girl." Minyoung snapped her fingers. A crowd of dudes came to me. They had axes, knives, daggers, any weapon that was ever invented. Except for guns and bombs that is. I gulped nervously. Don't panic. I swerved my head and saw Baekhyun staring at the weapons with a horrified voice. Xiumin was mumblng something that even the guards couldn't here. If you looked close enough, you were able to see an earpiececoneected to a walkietalkie. Clever, I smiled.

"All right, you know what to do." Minyoung settled back into her chair and watched like it was a movie. A male came to me with a small knife. He started making drawings up my arm. Blood gushed through here and there. I blinked, unaffected whatsoever. It was like a caressing knife; not hurting at all. Baekhyun emitted a high pitched scream. I rolled my eyes. Then, I realized, he screamed for a reason. Listening closely, I heard a light pounding of footsteps. Where the other 11 people here to save me? 

"You're weak!" I distracted some people. Minyoung growled, "Hurry up! This is getting boring." They others began to get closer and doing their own thing. Pain was now in the system. I clenched my teeth, willing myself to not give Minyoung the pleasure of seeing me hurt. Suddenly, the door burst open and 11 figures were standing there, their clothes dripping wet. I could hear Ara's wail.

"Watch out!" Mira crowed and ran in. She delivered a couple of swift kicks and punches at the guards holding Xiumin abd Baekhyun. They freed themselves and joined into the fight. Minyoung was in shock. She was pale for a long hwile before snapping into action, "Attack!"