Detention

Before you loved me...

"S-sorry!" he backs a few steps. "I shouldn't have done that..." he says then gets in his car in panic and drives off. And I'm just standing there like a huge loser. For a few minutes I don't move then rather take my way to home.

'Why did he do that? Does he felt something or he just wanted to test me if I would go for him or what? I don't get it... maybe he took this offer as a date. That's why he held my hand twice and didn't want to be with his friends. Only with me?' I'm thinking while I'm walking home. I don't even notice how fast I get home.

"Where were you?!" father rushes at me and by it brings me back to the present.

"Sorry, I didn't listen. What did you say?"

"What, you're even playing the idiot?" 

"No." I shook my head. "I'm not playing the idiot, I was just thinking and didn't listen."

"All right... be it. But why didn't you tell me that you're going to go out?! And I'm just worrying here!"

"You don't have to worry, I didn't do anything, with which..." I roll my eyes. "I offend your personality... or how is it said. I don't worsen your name."

"I don't care! Here are rules!"

"Okay." I sigh. "Next time I'm gonna tell you." I would leave him there but he doesn't let me.

"You're not going to get away with this now! One week detention!"

"W-what?" my eyes widen and I don't believe my ears. "You can't do this!"

"Of course I can! You'll stay here for a week!"

"I won't stay!" I resist and would go to my room.

"If you continue then two weeks!"

"Sure!" I wave at him and go up. But as I walk out of the room there stands Uruha with a huge grin on his face and beside him a black haired guy who's as tall as me. He just blinks at me. "Would you step aside?" I look at them whereupon only the black haired does so, the blondie doesn't. "At least you're friends hearing is good." I push him aside and go up to my room. I'm totally angry because of that idiot. 'I can't skip a week! He can't do this to me! I was never in detention! What do I do now?' I slam the door behind me. 'It can't be!' I'm walking around then decide to go to bath and sleep. But it's just a little disguise. When everyone went to sleep I waited a bit then got dressed. I can't solve this otherwise that Tenchi'll know what's the situation. I get dressed quietly and sneak out of the house and I'm heading to Tora's house. I go under his window and knock on it.

"What is it?" he sticks his sleepy and messy head out.

"I have a little problem so I'd need your help!"

"What happened?" he asks while he yawns a big one.

"My father's mind blew up and now I'm in detention..." I mumble whereupon he starts laughing. "It's not funny, okay?!"

"Yeah... right..." he clears his throat not to laugh again.

"So you should go in the gym and tell Tenchi that unfortunately due to unpredictable family issues I won't go in for a week...  and I'm sorry!"

"You're seriously telling me that that guy gave you detention?"

"You think?" I look at him unhappily. "I don't use to be kidding with such things!"

"Okay... okay... it's just, you're here now..."

"I know! I had to tell you somehow!

"You're right." he mumbles. "My first thing in the moring is to go in and tell him!"

"All right! Thanks!" I sigh when the sky thunders loudly.

"I hate storms..." grumbles Tora whereupon I smile.

"I like them... but I rather get going because I don't want to get wet!" I wave at him then I let him continue sleeping and I hurry up my steps to get home. And more carefully my steps when I'm already in the house. As I close the door behind me I sigh that no one noticed me. Then I turn around.

"Where were you?" asks Ayumi at the verge of crying. I almost got a heart attack as she's squatting on the bed.

"I just had something to handle..." I go closer and take my jacket off.

"But daddy said theat you're not allowed to leave the house for a week..." she says whereupon it thunders and she yelps.

"It's all right." I go there and sit on the bed. "You don't have to be afraid!" I calm her down whereupon she snuggles to me. "The storm is giving such sounds only because of the warm air meeting the cold air... you don't have to be afraid of them." 

"But it's so scary..." she sniffs.

"Then you want to sleep with me?" I ask whereupo her eyes immediately glint.

"Yes!"

"Okay, then lie down in the bed and I'm gonna change into my pajama!" I put her in and she obeys. Quickly I get changed then lie in beside her.

"Nii-chan?" she speaks up after a while.

"Hm?"

"Why did you leave when you wouldn't have supposed to?"

"I had to talk with one of my friend. That he tell to a man that I can't go to him for a week."

"Why didn't you tell him?"

"Because I don't know that man's adress." 

"Why didn't you call him?"

"Because I don't have a phone and nor do I know his number."

"Hm... but everyone has one now..."

"I know, but I don't. Mom couldn't afford herself to buy such things to me."

"I see." she says and snuggles a bit closer because it starts to rain and thunder even more. Since the small lamp was on it wasn't hard to tell her to try to rest a bit. After a while she was already sleeping. I waited for the rain to stop then take her back to her room and covered her with the blanket. I smile because I remember how much I was scared of storms when I was young... and that I still don't like darkness. I sigh then go back to my room and go to bed.


 

In the morning I wake up to the door slamming open. So I almost got a heart attack again and suddenly I don't know what's happening. Father rushes through it and behind him Uruha stands with folded arms, smiling. Somehow I can judge by this that I don't have to excpect any good.

"Didn't I tell you that you can't go out?!" he pulls the blanket off me and pulls out of the bed. "What am I supposed to do that you'll finally obey?!" he shouts.

"What are you talking about?" I yawn because I'm tired, I didn't sleep much because I took care of Ayumi.

"Don't play the innocent! I saw you sneaking out and at dawn back!" said Uruha overjoyed and I look at him frowning. Because it's one thing that I sneaked out but didn't come back at dawn, I was for max one hour away.

"It's not true!" I say but I'm not allowed to continue because I feel a slap on my face.

"And you're even lying!" 

"Daddy, don't!" screams Ayumi and I just stare in front of me. Never in my life have anyone lied hands on me. Not because of things like this... "How could you do this?" she runs to me and hugs me whereupon I pick her up. Father and Uruha are just staring at us with round eyes.

"Uruha's lying! Rei didn't go anywhere last night!" 

"What?" Uruha disbelieves. "But I saw it it with my own eyes! He wasn't in his bed!" 

"Because there was a storm yesterday and I was scared!" she puts her arms around my neck more tightly and I'm just watch the happenings. It feels really great that Ayumi stands up for me. But worst of it that she can even lie for me...

"Then, is it just a misunderstanding?" he looks towards me whereupon Ayumi starts nodding. I can't decide what feelings does she feel.

"Uruha! We need to talk!" he goes to him who stares at us with round eyes.

"But I swear that I saw it!"

"Don't swear to me!" they go out and I sigh.

"You shouldn't have lied for me." I her nose. "You're gonna end up like Pinocchio. Your nose gonna grow large."

"Pinocchio's just a tale!" she says proudly. "By the way... Uruha deserves to be scolded and not you."

"I see and thank you very much." I sit down and take her into my lap. "And? How did you sleep?"

"Fine, thank you." she smiles. "How's your face?"

"Fine.

"Doesn't it hurt?"

"No, I'm used to it already."

"What do you mean?" she asks amazed.

"I like boxing and there the players use to hit each other."

"Ohhh... it's not good. I don't like it."

"I do." I smile and mess her hair a bit.

"But you're careful, right?" 

"Of course." I nod then put her down because she wants to get out of my lap.

"Then I'm glad." she puts her hands behind her and starts to rock on her feet.

"What is it? What would you like?"

"Do we go down to eat?"

"Yeah, that's a good idea." I stand up then take her hand and we're going down. Down, Uruha's scolding ended right now that he should look around properly before acting. As I look better around I see his yesterday's friend, who's sitting on the other armchair. Ayu pulls my tank top whereupon I look down at her and she wants me to pick her up. Which I do and so cross the room silently.

"Reita!" I hear his voice whereupon I stop.

"I'm sorry about that slap." 

"Something else?" I ask with a neutral voice.

"Yes. Uruha's apologizes too."

"What? Am not!"

"URUHA!"

"NO!" they start to argue whereupon I sigh and look at Ayumi.

"Do we eat?" she asks whereupon I nod and leave them there. I put her down beside me onto one of the chairs then we eat breakfast. Meanwhile I teach her how to eat with chopsticks. She progresses pretty well however she has still some moves when the two sticks slip apart in her hand.

"What would you say if we would go for a walk in the garden?" I ask which she gets excited by and runs up to dress up. So do I.

We spent the whole afternoon out in the garden and played so as we had when she had ran away. True, that we were out a few times and played so... but that way we'd played only then. We went up on the stairs laughing when we saw father. He was just smiling and we stopped.

"I didn't even guessed that you two get along so well."

"You don't know a lot of things yet." I took her hand then we go inside but he grabs my arm.

"If you let me then I would know you."