Home

A Fire in My Heart

Jessica opened her eyes and felt something warm next to her. Her eyes opened wide when she saw Taeyeon next to her. She rolled off the bed in excitement and covered her flustered face. Taeyeon heard the thud and looked over to see Jessica on the floor. “Jessica are you alright?”

Jessica didn’t want to look at the girl so she responded as her back was to the girl, “I am fine.”

“Did you just fall off the bed?”

“Something like that.”

Taeyeon laughed at the girl who was acting beyond cute. She knew that she was falling for the girl faster and faster. “Alright. I am going down to make breakfast. Why don’t you wake up Krystal and get ready.” Jessica remained silent on the floor until she heard Taeyeon leave the room.

“Aish...so embarrassing! I can’t believe that she makes me act this way every time!” Jessica pouted back to the other room and went to wake Krystal up.

 

Both Krystal and Jessica made it downstairs to see that Taeyeon was already done making breakfast. “You are both ready for school already?”

“Yep unnie! Wow this looks amazing! Jessica isn’t Taeyeon pretty awesome for making all of this?” Krystal was trying to allude to Jessica that she should already snatch this girl up fast but her sister was pretty dense.

“Ah yea. Looks good.” Jessica had a hard time facing Taeyeon to thank her so she quickly sat down and started eating.

“Do you mind if I sit next to you,” as Taeyeon proceeded to set her plate down next to Jessica.

Meanwhile, Jessica almost choked on her food when Taeyeon got close to her, “Go ahead.”

Krystal was watching the two interact again and she wanted to hit her sister for acting this way but her phone started to ring so she excused herself leaving the other girls alone.

“Jessica...how does it taste?”

“Mmm you’re a good cook.” Taeyeon smiled when she heard Jessica enjoyed eating her food. “Did you umm want to go to school together? I mean with me and Krystal?”
Taeyeon was about to answer but Krystal came in, “Jessy! Amber came to pick me up, so I am leaving now.”

“Ya! Wait for us, we will go together!”

“I will see you at school unnie!” Krystal yelled back as she flew out the door.

Taeyeon looked at Jessica and saw that she was flustered or angry but she couldn’t put an exact emotion to what Jessica must have been feeling. “Ah Jessica...we can go together. Just the two of us.”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon quickly but almost fell out of her chair when she saw how close her face was to Taeyeon, “I ah will get my stuff so we can go.”

Jessica ran upstairs and gathered her things for school but her heart was beating out of her chest so she tried to relax before going back downstairs. She opened the door to see Taeyeon standing there, “I left something in my room...” Taeyeon didn’t know why she needed an excuse to go into her room but for some reason she felt like she needed to give one to Jessica.

Jessica moved to the side to let Taeyeon walk in, but her arm reflexed to grab Taeyeon, “Tae...” Taeyeon turned to face Jessica but their proximity was very close at this moment. “Thanks for everything last night.”

Taeyeon smiled, “No problem, anytime.” Jessica watched Taeyeon’s lips as she smiled at her. Something about those lips made her lean forward and she brushed her lips on Taeyeon’s.

Taeyeon was taken aback by the action that her eyes were wide open, wondering what made Jessica suddenly lean forward. After a second, Taeyeon closed her eyes and pressed harder on Jessica’s lips.

When Jessica felt the fullness of Taeyeon’s lips, she immediately retreated, “sorry...” and she ran back downstairs leaving Taeyeon to wonder what happened.

Taeyeon grabbed her books and met Jessica downstairs, neither addressing the kiss that they shared a few minutes ago.

 

The question of the kiss lingered the rest of the day. Taeyeon sat in her desk staring off into space thinking about how Jessica acted after they shared that kiss. Neither of the girls were brave enough to talk to each other or say anything about the event. Both were confused but wanted answers at the same time.

The bell rang and Jessica was lost in her thoughts until Krystal barged in, “Unnie!!!” Jessica looked at her sister who entered the classroom.

“What is it?”

“I can’t go home with you today.”
Jessica stood up in panic thinking that she would now be left alone with Taeyeon so she quickly looked over to her seat but saw it was empty. Out of concern, Jessica frantically looked around to see that Taeyeon was not in the classroom anymore. What turned into concern and panic went to sadness that she couldn’t see that girl anymore today.

“Unnie, were you listening?”

Jessica brought her attention back to Krystal, “Huh..what?”

“I just poured my heart out to you and you didn’t listen?”

“I am sorry Krystal. What is it again?”

“I said Amber asked me out on a date.” Krystal felt her heart flutter when she mentioned the word ‘date’. “Can you cover for me at home until I return?”

“Wait...date? You are dating?”

Krystal smiled like an idiot, “Yea...she asked me out today and I said yes.”

“Wow...that was fast. Congrats! I knew you two had something going on.”

Krystal smiled slyly at her sister, “How are you and Taeyeon?”

Jessica immediately thought of the kiss when Taeyeon’s name got mentioned, “Ah nothing....”

“Jeez...I left you two alone and nothing?! Jessica I am going to die of old age before you realize the perfect person is in front of you.”

“What do you mean?”

“Just go out with Taeyeon already! Come on, I know you like her. And she is practically perfect for you.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about,” Jessica stuttered.

------------------------

Taeyeon left the classroom quickly, afraid that Jessica might mention the kiss and her heart was not ready to hear that it was a ‘mistake’ or something like that. She wanted Jessica to mean what that kiss meant. She wanted Jessica to like her too, but she was afraid Jessica did that by accident. For just a little while she wanted to stay in her fantasy world.

Taeyeon was about to leave the school but remembered that she left her history book in at her desk. She quickly turned to go back and heard the Jung sisters talking in the classroom. She relocated to hear the conversation better. Her eyes widened when she heard that Krystal and Amber were dating now.

Taeyeon listened carefully and heard Krystal talking again, “Just go out with Taeyeon already! Come on, I know you like her. And she is practically perfect for you.” Taeyeon’s heart fluttered when she heard the younger Jung praise her and was demanding that Jessica go out with her. Somehow having Krystal as a supporter made her feel happy.

“I don’t know what you are talking about,” Jessica said back which made Taeyeon heart sink again.

Taeyeon didn’t want to listen to the conversation anymore after becoming depressed so she stood up but was almost pushed onto the floor again when the door opened leaving her face to face with Krystal. “Unnie! Perfect timing! Take Jessy home!” Krystal smiled and ran off leaving Jessica and Taeyeon alone again.

“Tae...I thought you left.” Jessica was happy to see the girl again but she gave her an expressionless face to hide her true feelings.

“Book!” Taeyeon spurted out but that made Jessica look at her weirdly. “Inside, I have a book.”

Taeyeon ran off to get her book but Jessica was trying to hold back her laughter with Taeyeon acting that way. “Tae, did you want to walk me home?”

Taeyeon’s ears perked up when she heard Jessica’s offer, “Yes! I mean, I would be more than happy to.” Taeyeon smiled and skipped back to Jessica forgetting the conversation she overheard earlier.

Jessica and Taeyeon stopped acting awkward around each other and went home happily and joked around again. Everything seemed normal and right when they both chose not to worry about their feelings for one another. Jessica was about to wave Taeyeon goodbye but she saw her and Krystal’s stuff laying at the front door of her house. Taeyeon quickly ran up to the door with Jessica and read the note: “Moved. Go back to the orphanage brats.”

Jessica was becoming emotional and was about to breakdown but Taeyeon caught the atmosphere and quickly embraced Jessica, “Don’t listen to them Jessica. You are not alone.”

Although a tear escaped Jessica’s eyes, she felt safe in Taeyeon’s embrace but her thoughts went back to where were she and Krystal would go? They were homeless again. Abandoned again.

“Jessica do you have a place to stay?” Taeyeon felt Jessica shake her head no. “Do you want to stay with me again?”

Jessica quickly released herself from Taeyeon, “That would be asking for too much!”

“Really I don’t mind.”

“Krystal and I will find a hotel or something...” Taeyeon was tired of hearing Jessica’s excuses so she just took her bags and headed towards her home. “Ya! Taeyeon! Where are you taking my bags?”

“To your new home!” 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hello readers!!! Long time no update I guess. But I hope I made up for it by doing other updates. If you looked, the poll results chose Library as the winner so that had a new chapter added. Also, did you see that I made a new taengsic story?? A little bit different than my other stories but I really wanted to write this story...it is called Sharapova's Grunt so check that out too.

Thanks for subscribing and those upvotes :D