Words I Can't Say

A Fire in My Heart

Jessica perked up when she heard a slight knock on the door hoping it was Taeyeon who came back after talking with her mom, but when she opened the door it was only Krystal.

“Wow you look so happy to see me.”

Jessica turned her back from Krystal and headed back to the bed, “Not that. Just thought you were Taeyeon.”

“Where is she then?” Krystal said while following Jessica into the room.

“Her mom showed up.”

“Isn’t that a good thing?”

“Humm kind of.”

“Jessy is there something you aren’t telling me?”

“Well Taeyeon didn’t introduce me to her mom....is Taeyeon ashamed of having me as her girlfriend?”

Krystal went over to Jessica and pulled her into an embrace, “I doubt that. You are a wonderful sister, person, friend and even girlfriend. Taeyeon is lucky to have you. I am sure Taeyeon feels the same way.”

Jessica felt secure in Krystal’s arms, “Thanks...”

The two sisters worked on homework while they waited for Taeyeon to return after talking to her mom, but it had been several hours and they still haven’t returned. Jessica was getting worried so she finally decided to call Taeyeon and see what was going on.

After a few rings, Taeyeon finally picked up, “Hello?”

“Taeyeon is everything okay?”

“Umm yea. I told my mom everything.”

“Does that mean you are coming back to the hotel?”

“Jessica I called my friend Sunny and she agreed to take you and Krystal in for a few days. I need to work some stuff out with my mom and we can’t keep that hotel room.”

“Is everything alright?”

“Just trust me. Everything will be fine.”

“Alright...” there was a moment in silence until Jessica spoke again, “Taeyeon I love you.”

Silence lingered once again over the phone line before Taeyeon answered, “I know.” The phone line went dead and Jessica dropped the phone while her heart was clenching in pain. It hurt her to not hear Taeyeon say she loved her back and that she wasn’t going to see her for days. Her mind was getting cloudy in the despair and concern that Taeyeon was going to leave her.

In the blindness Jessica called the one person who was willing to help her, “Yuri...”

“Jessica?”

“I made a decision.”

“That was fast.”

“I know. I need a place to stay fast.”

“I got it. Where are you now? I will pick you and Krystal up right away.” Jessica gave Yuri the name of the hotel and quickly packed their things.

“Unnie why are we packing? Is Taeyeon taking us somewhere new?”

“No.” Jessica’s heart was still aching from her conversation with Taeyeon that she could only produce short answers back towards her sister. Krystal was getting increasingly worried from her sister’s behavior but she trusted her sister to make the right decisions.

 

After packing, the Jung sisters went down to the lobby to wait for their ride to pick them up. Krystal pulled Jessica off to the side when she saw the owner of the vehicle, “Jessica what the...why is your ex picking us up?”

“Yuri is still a friend.”

“Did you ever think about how Taeyeon would take this? I mean Yuri is still your ex!”

Jessica started rubbing her temple from the increasing headache her sister was giving her, “Please don’t mention Taeyeon right now. I am going with Yuri to stay in her villa. Come with me if you want or not.”

Krystal sighed in frustration but she followed her sister nonetheless.

The two sisters entered the car after being greeted by an excited Yuri. The car ride was in silence; Jessica was depressed, Krystal was frustrated and confused, and Yuri was too nervous to start up a conversation.

“We are here. Let me help you with your bags.” Yuri helped the sisters get their bags inside the villa, “You can stay here as long as you want. The whole place is yours and don’t worry, my parents don’t know about this place. The fridge is stocked with some foods I know you like and don’t hesitate to call me if there is a problem.”

Jessica went to hug the taller girl causing Yuri to stumble backwards in confusion, “Thank you...” Yuri slowly wrapped her arms around Jessica taking in the warmth of the one girl she missed the most. Krystal watched the interaction from afar wondering why her sister was seeking comfort from Yuri of all people. She knew she couldn’t interfere with how Jessica acted but her heart was going out to Taeyeon right now. Of all the things Krystal wanted in life was for her sister to be happy, but it didn’t seem right for her to be happy in Yuri’s arms. Krystal liked the happiness when Jessica was with Taeyeon more.

 

---------------------------

 

It had been two days since Jessica last saw Taeyeon and moved into Yuri’s villa. What was strange was that Taeyeon didn’t show up for school the past two days also causing Jessica to worry even more. Yet she knew the girl was alright because she would answer her phone giving the same message that she is fine and will return shortly. The words still didn’t give Jessica comfort but Yuri was doing more than enough to make sure the Jung sisters were comfortable.

Jessica sighed when she looked at Taeyeon’s empty seat, “Hey Jessica!”

Jessica looked up to see Sunny looking at her, “Oh hey Sunny.”

“Why the long face?”

“Taeyeon has been gone for several days.”

“I heard she was with her mom in Seoul at the moment.”

Jessica jumped up at looked at Sunny with determination, “She is in Seoul?”

“Didn’t you know?”

“She hasn’t told me much about where she is or what she is doing. I feel like we are fading and she doesn’t trust me.”
Sunny gave Jessica a comforting touch on her mid back, “I am sure she wouldn’t just leave you. Trust comes both ways. You need to trust her also.”

Jessica sighed, “I do but her actions make it hard to completely trust her at the moment. I just want to see her smiling face but after the fire, everything has been different.”

“I understand but why didn’t you want Taeyeon to know that you are not staying with me? You seem to have secrets of your own.”

“I am sorry Sunny, but it looks like you are being dragged into both of our problems.”

“I don’t mind but whatever secret you have, Taeyeon will find out sooner or later so I wouldn’t put off telling her for too long.”

“Thanks Sunny. I will after she comes back.” Jessica watched as Sunny left the classroom and greeted the excited and happy Yuri who came into the room.

“Jessica! Thank goodness I found you!”

“Hey Yuri, what’s up?”

“I ran into Amber today and she told me about a really nice café that just opened up. Krystal and Amber want to try it out. Did you want to go with us?”

“I don’t see why not. Krystal normally just goes home with me so a stop at a café on the way sounds nice.”

 

-----------------------

 

Jessica, Amber, Krystal and Yuri were at the café which was an Asian fusion themed restaurant. “So Amber how did you find out about this place?”

“My uncle was raving about this place since his friend owns several of these restaurants before opening one up here.”

“Looks nice.”

The girls ordered their meals and chatted until the food came out. All the girls were amazed with the spectacle of food that came out. All the food looked very appetizing and were elegantly dressed with toppings that made each dish look even more delectable.

Yuri took the first bit of food, “Mmm wow Amber this was a great choice!”

Jessica saw the excitement on Yuri’s face so she took a large bite out of her meal trying to saver in all the flavors that combined to make one tasty bite. “Yuri you are right, this is....” Suddenly Jessica started having difficulty breathing.

Krystal jumped up and tried to pat her sister on her back hoping she just swallowed something wrong, but it wasn’t that, it looked like a food allergy. “Amber quickly call an ambulance! I think Jessica is having a reaction to the food!”

Amber fumbled with her phone and quickly called the ambulance to come. Yuri was already in the kitchen demanding to know what was put into the food before she rushed back to the table.

“Krystal they said that there were cucumbers in the food. We need to get her the hospital fast!” Luckily, the ambulance came under five minutes with Krystal in the ambulance with Jessica while Amber and Yuri followed behind in Yuri’s car.

 

Jessica was transferred to a room after the emergency care was given and the doctor went in to address Jessica’s situation. “She is just sleeping for now. We gave her Benadryl to stop the reaction she was having. She will be just fine since we caught the reaction quickly.”

Everyone in the room sighed in relief knowing Jessica would be just fine.

 

--------------------------

 

Several hours passed before Jessica slowly opened her eyes. Her vision was a bit blurry but she looked at the back of a person who was facing away from her bed. The outline of sed person was very familiar but it wasn’t the person she was expecting at that moment to show up. “Tae...”

The person heard Jessica speak so she turned around and looked at Jessica in concern, “Are you okay now?”

“What are you doing here? I thought...Seoul..."

“Krystal called so I came back.”

“Are you staying? What about your mom?’

“Don’t worry about things like that. Just focus on getting better.” Jessica just nodded but her attention drifted towards the noise of the door opening.

Both looked at the person entering the room at that moment, “Oh sorry...am I interrupting something?”

Jessica slowly sat up in her bed and faced the person at the door, “No Yuri it is fine. Come in. Taeyeon and I were done talking.”

Yuri walked passed Taeyeon both of whom were giving one another a death glare. Like a fight was soon to erupt between the two. Yet Jessica was unaware of the silent battle that the two were doing with their eyes.

“Jessica I got some juice downstairs and a small sandwich if you are feeling better to have it.”

Jessica smiled at Yuri’s thoughtfulness but Taeyeon was standing not that far away watching the close interaction between the two. “Thanks, I was getting hungry.”

Taeyeon stood frozen in her spot while Jessica happily enjoyed her meal. The silence of the room was broken when a nurse came in to ask Yuri to sign off on Jessica’s release papers since she paid for the hospital care and room. Yuri left to finish the paperwork leaving Jessica and Taeyeon in the room alone again.

Without flinching from her spot Taeyeon spoke again, “Yuri and you seem to have gotten closer since I left.”

Jessica put down her sandwich to give Taeyeon her full attention, “I wanted to tell you earlier but Yuri is letting us stay in her villa. I didn’t want Sunny...”

The hurt washed over Taeyeon who blurted out, “Really Yuri Of all the people!!...Jessica...”

Jessica saw the hurt in Taeyeon’s eyes, “Tae...”

Taeyeon covered her eyes, “No no...Jessica...this is my fault. I shouldn’t have left you in someone else’s care. I should have been there for you and this wouldn’t happen.”

“Tae...there is nothing going on with me and Yuri. She is just a friend and I know you are busy with your mom around and the fire with your house.”

“That doesn’t explain why you chose to stay with Yuri!” Taeyeon was furious and was afraid that she might say something she regretted to Jessica so she wanted to get away for a moment to cool down, “Wait...don’t answer. I came here to see if you were alright and I see that so I am going to go.” Taeyeon started to leave the room but stopped at the door, “I am coming back in two days. We will talk then.”

Jessica was left in her room feeling the pain in her heart of Taeyeon leaving once again. She wanted to know how Taeyeon was doing, why she had been gone, and the most important question was if she still loved her. All of these questions were going to remain unanswered when Taeyeon left Jessica again.

Yuri came back into the room when the tears started flowing down Jessica’s cheeks. Like a reflex, Yuri ran up to Jessica and embraced her into a hug, “Jess...did something go bad with you and Taeyeon?”

Jessica didn’t want to talk about it. Instead she just buried her head into the crook of Yuri’s neck and cried the despair away.

 

 


Author's Note

So it turns out your author is not invincible and does get sick every so often. Sorry for the wait because of illness. I am kind of also moving out of the country soon so updates might take longer because I am busy.

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me! I hope the readers liked the Yulsic ^^