A muffin?

YG Enterdatement

 

 

After all the incidents, everything started to slowly recover to its original state. YG Papa managed to repair the electrical system of the building, well, partially, but the source of this problem still remained a mystery. So now everything was, more or less, back to normal. The employees were back to work, the data bases were being repaired and the 2NE1 girls were at the moment wasting time around the lounge area. Well, this isn’t supposed to happen on a daily basis, but the girls sometimes find themselves in this situation. When there is a very rare gap in their schedule and they have some spare time, they spend it here, just chatting and well, doing nothing. And as their timetables were suspiciously deleted, they now had a whole lot of free time until all the meetings were rescheduled.

CL, who was reading a magazine in a corner, spoke to the others:

“It’s good to finally have some free time to spend together. This sudden incident wasn’t so bad after all.”

Just then, Minzy entered, caring a tray full of hot mugs, filling the room with the sweet smell of fresh coffee.

“Here you are. Fresh hot coffee from the cafeteria. You wouldn’t believe what a queue was there. Everybody was buying cakes and sweets ” The maknae handed  the first coffee to Bom since she was waving her hand into the air, negligently asking for a mug only with gestures, being too busy texting on her phone with the other hand.  Cl grabbed one as well, and placed it on the table next to her. Minzy took another coffee from the ones left on the tray, and handed it to Dara, asking her:

“Sugar? There is plenty of it at the kitchen.  . .”

“No, thank you, Minjy. I don’t even want to hear that word anymore. I’ll just drink my coffee black from now on.” Dara shivered. Apart from the ‘mysterious kissing at the party’ nightmare she’s been having, some ugly dreams with piles of sugar will now be adding to the list as well.

Minzy looked at Bom again, who took a hasty sip from her drink and automatically went back to texting. The maknae asked:

“Bom unnie, who are you texting so intensely?”

“Who do you think it is?” Dara spared Bom the effort of answering the question. ”She has been continuously talking with that guy that owns the fancy bar since she met him. She felt sorry she had to call off their first date and now she is texting him non-stop.”

“Can you believe it?! We had it all planned, we were supposed to meet at his club, when the stupid blackout happened. And then the hospital. And then Seunghyun started to act all ‘sick and injured’. I can swear he had some sort of plan to make me miss my date! It won’t surprise me if the blackout was part of his initial plan right from the beggining, if somehow that could even be possible!” Bom finally spoke, without lifting her eyes from her phone, her fingers continuously taping the screen.

“Come on Bom, be serious!” CL laughed hearing the ridiculous scenario.  “T.O.P can barely use his cellphone, do you really think he can make YG’s sophisticated electric system collapse? I never saw that man using a computer . . . No wonder he made his first social media account 10 years after debut.” The leader turned another page from her magazine. “Speaking about computers, do you think our schedules are ready? They should have reprogrammed them by now. “

“They’re going to be ready by the end of the day for sure. So we should enjoy the free time we have left, right unnies?”

CL and Dara smiled widely and nodded. But Bom didn’t really have a reaction. All her attention was concentrated on her phone. She instead tried to reach her hot cup of coffee to drink again, but when she randomlyy made contact with the burning surface, her hand couldn’t handle the heat and dropped the mug on the floor. Only then did she realize what she was doing and jumped from the couch.

“Great Bommie! Look what you’ve done!” Dara snatched some napkins from the coffee tray and started cleaning the brown liquid, which was spreading quickly all over the floor.

“Be more careful! You could’ve burnt yourself.” CL started picking up the broken pieces and was quickly joined by Minzy.

“Ah, I’m such a pabo! Now I need a new coffee!” Bom, totally unconcerned with the problem, rushed instantly outside, obviously remebering to also take her precious phone with her.

“YAAAAH! Aren’t you gonna help us clean your mess! BOM-AH!” Dara protested to no avail, as the girl in question had already left the room. “How sweet of her! Do we look like her personal ‘slaves’?! This girl!”

 

__________________________________________________

 

Where in this world is that stupid twin of mine?!

Yong Deuk entered the YG building with a worried look on his face. When he woke up this morning, he realized his brother was missing. He called him a dozen of times already but no one was answering the phone.

He should be here, right? Maybe he left earlier for work? HAHA, that’s a good joke. But, really, where the heck is he?

As he was walking along the hall, he saw a familiar face coming right towards him:

“Hi Sora!”

“Oh! Deukkie?! Hi . . .” The girl seemed rather surprised to meet him. “But what are you doing here?” She asked in confusion. “Shouldn’t you be home, resting? Donnie told us that you are sick.”

MY BROTHER DID WHAT? OH MY GOD! Ok, don’t panic, don’t panic, PANIC, PANIC, PANIC!!! This means only ine thing.He left. He actually left. He came up with this stupid evil plan and freaking left. HE LEFT WITH THAT CURRY AND DIDN’T EVEN BOTHER TO ANNOUNCE ME.

“Deuk? Are ok?” Sora asked the frozen boy.

And now what!?! What do I do?! He left and told people that I am sick. So he told people that I won't be coming to work, right? THIS MOTHERFU- No, no, let's think rationally. If I am home, then I can become my brother right now. He won't lose his job if pretend that I am him. So I am Don. Come on, you can do it! Just be your stupid twin! DAMMIT!

“Deuk? I am not Deuk. I am Don.” He finally spoke, surprising himself by how calm and normal his own words sounded.

That’s it Deukkie, you are doing great.

“Really?! Oh my god, I am sorry! I never mistook you before.” Sora apologized, instantly buying the story, whithout suspecting anything.  “I can always tell you two apart. You have these different auras. Deukkie is so cute, polite, and shy. And you are so . . . ha ha . . . you know . . . you're the total opposite . . .” Sora blushed instantly, avoiding his glare, like she was a 14 year old girl who confessed to her crush.

I am so going to kill my brother for this. He is lying to everyone, and what’s more, he is making me lie too. Poor Sora here is so in love with Don, while he is on a trip with a girl he just met. I am so sorry that you fell for this bastard that my brother is. Oh, wait. I mean, this bastard that I am.

Yong Deuk looked again at Sora and smiled awkwardly at her.

 

____________________________________________________________

 

“WOOOWW! Look at all these sweets!” Taeyang was salivating all over the display cases in the cafeteria, which were filled with cakes, tarts, muffins, donuts and other goodies.

“They look absolutely delicious!” Seungri joined him.

“You guys are so childish.” GD ‘stepped’ in, limping and helping himself with his brand new crutches, directly towards the cash desk.

“Uhm, Jiyong, are you sure is good for you to roam around like this? I know the doctor said you can move around with the crutches, but don’t force yourself. You need to rest.”

“Thank you, Taeyang, for worrying about me, but I can’t let you buy all these delicious sweets without me, right? The leader deserves some too.” Jiyong turned to the cashier: “I’d like a chocolate cupcake please, a strawberry tart, a cheesecake, two muff. . . “

 “Look who is childish now! What are you doing? Buying sweets in every color your hair has ever been?  I want some muffins too! Don’t take them all!” Seungri protested.

“There are just enough muffins for everyone. You are going to eat muffins every day with all the sugar that we have now.” Taeyang assured the never-quiet maknae.

“Talking about my hair color, I’ve been thinking lately, do you think electric ultramarine would suit me?” Jiyong run a hand through his hair.

“Here we go again.” Taeyang and Seungri rolled their eyes in unison. “Who the heck even knows how ultramarine looks like...”

“Here you are.” The cashier was ready to give GD his order: a huge tray full of delicacies.

“Oh, please give it to Seungri. I can't carry it. Thank you, ahjumma.” Jiyong paid for his food.

Seungri, taken aback by Jiyongs’s answer, took the tray from the cashier, out of politeness. However, upon realizing  the actual situation, he run after GD and started yelling at him:

“What the heck are you thinking!? I am not going to hold your food! What am I? Your butler?!”

“Too late, you are already doing it. . . Just look at me, you stupid! How am I supposed to hold a tray when I already have to hold the crutches?”

Seungri ceased, realizing that Jiyong was actually injured. He had to let this one pass.

“Oh, hey Daesung!” Youngbae saluted Dae, who came along near them.

“Hi guys.” Daesung flatly said, not half as cheerful as his friends.

“How are you? Would you like something sweet? Look at all these cakes!” Taeyang asked him, hoping he could cheer up his lately always grumpy friend.

“Nothing is as sweet as Yuri.” Dae sighed.

The group almost teared up a little.

“Oh, come on! Jiyong already bought some sweets for you! Look!” Taeyang pointed at the tray held by Seungri, and gave GD an implied look.

“WHAT? No, no, no. I didn’t buy these for anyone. These are all for myse. . .” Jiyong stopped talking abruptly, when Youngbae stuffed a whole muffin into his mouth.

“He only wants this muffin, the rest are all for you, Daesung. Isn’t it right Jiyong?”

GD was too busy to even protest, struggling hard to chew the huge muffin. Seungri handed the tray to Daesung, happy to get rid of it.

“Look, Dae, there is an empty table in the back. Let’s go sit there, shall we?” Taeyang subtly pushed Daesung there, leaving Jiyong, who was still munching on the muffin, and Seungri, behind.

“Is that muffin good, hyung?” The panda eyed boy couldn’t help it. “Shhhh! If I think about it, don’t answer that, or else you’re going to spill everything on me. Just keep chewing, hyung. You're doing great!”

“Ihm . . . GOhsINGh . . . ThO . . . KhgILLh . . .U . . . WhhHENj . . .” Jiyong managed to swallow the last piece of the pastry. “I’M GOING TO KILL YOU WHEN I FINISH THIS DAMN MUFFIN.”

“You wouldn’t do that. Not if I buy you another muffin.” The boy grinned.

“HA HA HA, very funny. Now help me get some more sweets, because the others are in Daesung’s stomach. I’ll buy you a doughnut.”

“Thanks.”

Trying to look again at the display, Jiyong forgot he had one of the crutches behind his foot, and nearly lost his balance, tripping over it.

“Hyung! Be careful with these!” Seungri helped him regain his equilibrium.

“AISH! I hate these things. And I hate this cast! And I hate that damn blackout! I hate having one leg immobilized!”

“Oh, right . . . the accident.”

“Yes, that damn accident that made me broke my leg.” GD frowned. “Now that I think about it, where were you that day? I don’t remember seeing you. You didn’t even visit me at the hospital.”

“Eh, but you were just fine hyung!”

“And how would you have known that? You didn’t even call! You can forget about that doughnut. I’m not buying you anything! I could’ve died and you wouldn’t have even known.” Jiyong started walking away, well, more like limping away from Seungri.

“HYUNG! Wait! You don’t have to buy me anything! Come back hyung! I’ll buy you something? A muffin?” he giggled and followed the grumpy leader.

 

______________________________________________________

 

T.O.P entered the cafeteria, drawn by the sweet smell of freshly baked dough. Like a thoroughly programmed robot, he calculated his way directly to the bakery display cases, where all the sweets were located. However, halfway through, his course was interrupted by another person, who bumped right into him.

“Can you please be more careful next time? It’s not safe to text and walk at the same time.” When Seunghyun looked again at the person, he realized it was Bom.

“Yeah, yeah, sorry.” Bom continued her texting, and was on the verge on leaving, when T.O.P spoke again:

“Bom? Would you at least lift your eyes from your phone? Or maybe you want to keep bumping into people.”

“Seunghyun? Miahn, I didn’t saw you.” Not you again. . . Exactly the last man I wanted to bump into. I don’t have time for this.

“Of course you didn’t see me since all your attention was monopolized by that little rectangular thing in your hands. What are you doing that has captivated you so bad?” He started lecturing her.

“Nothing. Just texting.” Her phone beeped, and Bom checked it out instantly.

“With who?”

“Just Ji Seok.”

Oh no. Not that man again. I need to find out when their next date is. So I can prevent it. This is wonderful. My new job: date wrecker.

“Sooo? Anything new?”  T.O.P asked with a happy and interested tone, an unusual thing that didn’t however impress Bom at all.

What the heck is wrong with him? Did the doctor give him any funny drugs while he was in the hospital? What does he want from me?! Bom gave Seunghyun a suspicious look:

“No, nothing new here. Don’t you have a hospital where you can satisfy your es, or something?”  The girl intended to turn around and continue her way to the cafeteria, but Seunghyun teleported in front of her before she could make any further step.

“No, actually, I am pretty bored. You know, the schedule evaporated, no program, nothing to do. . . I can’t even remember the last time I had so much free time. What do normal people do with all this time? . . .”

Bom stared at him, not understanding why he was suddenly blabbering that much non-sense to her, but in short time she just started writing another SMS, and slowly walked away from him, towards the cafeteria

“YAAAh, I was having a conversation here, where are you going???”

“I want another coffee. I spilled the other one.”

Seunghyun followed every single step of her, walking right behind her, like an obedient kid listening to his mother.

“Coffee? Coffee sounds great! I want a coffee too! Let’s have a coffee together.” And maybe this way I’ll find out when your next date is going to be. So I can stop it.