Chapter Two.

Idol's Love Story Two

I decided to put on a thin layer of makeup. Nothing too extravagant is needed as I don’t wanna be Jeon Hyosung from Secret infront of Kikwang’s parents and instead be Jeon Hyosung that their son fell for. Once I’m satisfied with my appearance, I looked at myself yet again infront of the mirror and took a deep breath. This is it! Today’s the day. Kikwang’s gonna be hear any minute and then we’ll be on our way to his parent’s house. ‘Take a deep breath Hyosung and relax.. You don’t have to worry about anything and just be your usual self.. Everything will be alright..’. I told myself. “Unnie!! Kikwang’s here.. Ommo!! Unnie jinja yeppoeda!”. I looked at Jieun who paused at my room door and in less than 3 seconds, Sunhwa and Hana is also doing the same thing as Jieun did. The 3 of them are now looking at me from head to toe. Seriously, do I really look different? I mean, I tried my very best to put on something casual tonight as it’s just a dinner at Kikwang’s parent’s house. I decided to put on my denim jeans and a cream chiffon blouse on top and complete the whole look with the bracelet that Kikwang gave me and a pair of ballet flats. There! Really simple right? “Wae? Do I look weird to you guys?”. I asked them as they’re still standing there and staring at me. “Weird?! What nonsense! You look so different unnie! Good different that is..”. Jieun told me. I felt a smile spreading across my face. That’s a relief! “Yeah unnie.. Totally different from the usual Jeon Hyosung and the leader of Secret Jeon Hyosung. You look so simple yet so beautiful.. I like this look on you unnie!”. Sunhwa is next to compliment me. “Thanks guys! I owe you guys one! Just wish me luck okay?! I’m so nervous right now, I can faint!”. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “Time to go unnie.. Kikwang’s at the front door waiting for you and may I say, he looks so handsome tonight!”. Hana told me before she got a hit on her arm from Sunhwa. “Yah! Deo micheoso! That’s our maehyeong yah! Wipe that cheeky smile from your face..”. Sunhwa starts to playfully “wipe” the smile from Hana’s face and they ended up rolling on my bed, wrestling. “Yah! Yah! Yah! Geumanhae! Save the wrestling for later so that I can join you guys! Na kanta!”. I grabbed my over-sized clutch bag and went out of my room. “Annyeong Kwangie ah!”. I waved at Kikwang who was still patiently waiting for me. Well, Hana was right. Kikwang looked really handsome tonight. Well, he is a handsome guy just that tonight, he looked different to me. This may sound weird to some but I’ve always find that guys who wore rolled-up sleeves blazer to be very attractive. Well, that is what Kikwang is wearing tonight and I can’t help but to fall in love with him all over again. “Wow..”. The first word that came from his mouth is that. I just giggled and pulled him to the elevator.

In the car..

“You nervous still?”. Kikwang asked me. “Kind of.. I guess..”. I said. With his left hand on the steering wheel, he took my hand with his right hand and linked his fingers in between mine. “Better now?”. He asked me again. “Kind of.. I guess..”. I decided to joke with him. “Yah Jeon Hyosung!”. I laughed out loud cause I know that’s what he’s gonna say. “Don’t worry.. I know my parents will like you.. They trust their son’s choice and for them, as long as I’m happy, they are too. Anyway, I think my dongsaeng is much more nervous than you.. He kept on asking me the whole day today what he should wear and how he should look cause he say that Jeon Hyosung from Secret is coming to his house for dinner.”. He rolled his eyes and I can’t help but to laugh. Kikwang have a younger brother name Lee Hyekwang and sometimes Kikwang did talked to me about his younger brother. We talked about random stuff and that somewhat calm me down and without me realizing, we’ve already reached our destination.

At Kikwang’s parent’s house..

Kikwang’s parents greeted me so warmly and I felt so welcomed there. Within minutes I already felt so comfortable with them and even Kikwang’s brother who was shy at first, felt comfortable around me now. We talked for a while before Kikwang’s mom excused herself to prepare for our dinner. I felt bad letting her prepare everything herself and without thinking twice, I too, excused myself and quickly went to the kitchen to help her. “Aigoo Hyosung ah.. Gwaenchana.. I’m used to preparing all this myself.. As you can see, I’m the only woman in this house so it’s fine..”. Kikwang’s mum joked. “Aniyo.. Gwaenchanayo.. I’m used to doing this at home too because my dad is the only man at home.”. I heard Kikwang’s mum laughed. After the dinner table is all set, Kikwang’s mum called Kikwang, his dad and brother to come sit at the dining table. I, too, took place beside Kikwang as that’s where Kikwang told me to sit. Looking at the spread on the table, I can’t help but to feel thankful and touched that Kikwang’s mum prepared all this. “This is such a spread.. Kamsahamnida…”. I paused. Oh no! How should I address his mum? “Eomoni..”. Said Kikwang’s mum. I froze. ‘Eomoni? She wants me to call her Eomoni? That can only mean one thing.. She likes me! Oh my god! She likes me! Thank you God!’. I shrieked but in my heart of course! I turned to Kikwang and he too looked shocked. “So noona.. Oh wait! I can call you noona right?”. I heard Hyekwang asked me. “Noona aniya! Hyeongsoo yah hyeongsoo!”. Before I can answer Hyekwang’s question, Kikwang cut me off. I looked at Kikwang in disbelief. For those that don’t know, ‘hyeongsoo’ means sister-in-law and for his younger brother to call me sister-in-law is not something that I expected yet considering tonight is my first night meeting his family members. I turned to Kikwang’s parents and there they are smiling and nodding away. ‘Okay.. Hyosung.. Calm down.. Look at this the positive way.. Maybe with this way, you’ll get to be closer with Kikwang’s family which is a good thing.. Okay? Alright!’. I told myself. “Aniyo.. Gwaenchanayo.. I don’t think Hyekwang’s ready to call me that yet.. Hyekwang ah, you can call me noona.. It’s fine..”. I told Hyekwang and quickly poked Kikwang’s thigh. Kikwang gave me a cheeky smile the moment he saw my ‘stop it!’ face. “Aniyo.. Hyung’s right.. Hyeongsoo sounds much better than noona.. At least now I can show off with my friends that I addressed Hyosung noona as hyeongsoo and trust me, those guys will be so jealous!”. I heard Hyekwang say after moments of him being silent. “Geurae! Yeokshi nae dongsaeng!”. Kikwang and Hyekwang high-fived and I can’t do anything but to just look down. Looks like now I need to get used to his brother calling me ‘hyeongsoo’. “Aigoo yah.. Geumanhae.. You’re making Hyosung uncomfortable.. Hyosung ah.. Forgive this two boys.. That’s how silly they are when they meet..”. I heard Kikwang’s mum, I mean, eomoni say. I just smiled and shook my head. Throughout the rest of dinner, we just talked about random stuff and at times we laughed when we hear Hyekwang’s stories.

After dinner..

After that very hearty dinner, I went to the kitchen to wash all the dishes. As much as eomoni and abeoji tried to stop me, I still wash the dishes anyway because this is the least that I can do after that wonderful dinner. “You’re okay?”. Kikwang who appeared out of nowhere asked. “I’m fine.. Your family are all really nice.. I felt so comfortable around them and I’m glad they’re comfortable around me too..”. I told him. Kikwang smiled before he put his arm around my shoulder and came close to my ear. “I’m proud of you..”. He whispered. I was about to turn to him and say thank you when we heard eomoni clearing behind us. Kikwang quickly let go of my shoulder while I quickly continue to wash the last plate. Only God knows how embarrassed I am now. Once I’m done with all the dishes, Kikwang and I went out to the living room and join the rest of his family. After about an hour or so, I decided to excuse myself home as I have an early schedule the very next day. “Eomoni, abeoji geurigu Hyekwang ah, thank you so much for inviting me over for dinner tonight.. That’s a really wonderful dinner and I’m really happy that I get to know more about Kikwang’s family.. I hope that I did nothing wrong and if I did, I truly apologize for any wrongdoings that I did while I'm her.. Kamsahamnida eomoni, abeoji..”. I bowed to them as a sign of respect. “Aigoo.. You’re such a nice girl! No.. You did not do anything wrong.. We’re happy that Kikwang found a really nice, well-mannered girl like you.. Now, we don’t have to worry about Kikwang’s partner anymore because we know that Kikwang had already chose the right one.. Geurae yeobo?”. Abeoji turned to eomoni. “Geurae! I’m so happy now and I’m glad that Kikwang chose the right girl.. I hope that you’ll take care of him well for me when I’m not around him, okay?”. I nodded my head and eomoni gave me a hug. “Hyeongsoo! Can I take a picture with you before you go? Well, you know.. I kinda told my friends that you’ll be coming over for dinner tonight and they did not believe me so…”. “Sure!”. I told Hyekwang before he could finish his sentence. “Really?! Cool! Hyung! Help please.. Take a picture for me!”. Hyekwang’s face lit up the moment I said ‘sure!’. “Aigoo! Deo jinja!”. Kikwang playfully hit Hyekwang’s head. After taking the picture, I bid goodbye to Kikwang’s family and walked off with Kikwang. I can’t help but to feel so happy and satisfied that I already get the blessings from Kikwang’s parents and not only that, I get to be closer to them too.

In the car..

“You look totally different from when you’re on the way to my parent’s house..”. I heard Kikwang say. I laughed. “Dangyeonhaji! You’re supposed to be happy when you get to accomplished something right? That’s what I’m feeling right now..”. I told him. My heart and my mind felt lighter now. No more nervousness whatsoever that I need to face because I’m done with all that. “I’m glad that you’re happy.. To be honest, I’ve never seen my parents that happy before.. I mean, I can really see how much they want you to be comfortable and how much they want to really get to know you.. It’s just amazing to me..”. I can’t help but to feel touched by what Kikwang says. “Really? Wow..”. I’m just speechless. Really. To be honest though, when we’re together, Kikwang rarely talked about his family and sometimes I don’t even know if I should ask him about his family but when the day came that he told me that his parents invited me for dinner, I was shocked. Only then that he started to open up more stories about his family and only after tonight that I can see how close he actually is with his family. They’re such a lovely family and I’m glad that I can be a part of them now. “We’re here!”. Kikwang’s voice woke me up from my thoughts. “Oh! Gomawo Kwangie ah for tonight.. It was such a fun dinner and your family were so cool and nice to me.. I’m touched, really..”. I told him. Without saying anything, he hold my chin and slowly pulled me close. After that ‘out of nowhere’ kiss that he always did to me, he looked deep into my eyes and say, “I’m proud of you.. Thank you for tonight..”. I can’t help but to smile yet again. Once I’m out of his car, I waved goodbye to him and walked to my apartment lobby. After tonight is when I only realized that I’m really going to work hard for this relationship to stay strong. I’m thankful that I met a guy who understands me and loved me for who I am and not only that, have a really wonderful family who accepts me for who I am too. Lee Kikwang, I love you so much. Just know that I really do.