Chapter Three.

Idol's Love Story Two

Kikwang’s POV..

After Kikwang sent Hyosung back to her dorm, Kikwang drove straight back to his dorm considering he too have an early schedule the very next day. He was really happy tonight that finally, his wish of wanting Hyosung to be close to his family came true. The way that Hyosung talked to his parents and even his dongsaeng really pleased him. He knew now that he will never let go of Hyosung and will also work hard to make sure their relationship stay strong. Once he reached his dorm, he quickly went out of his car and went up. “Oh hyung! How was the dinner? Was it good? Did your parents like Hyosung noona? What about Hyekwang? What did your mum cook, hyung?”. The moment Kikwang entered his dorm, that’s all the questions that Dongwoon fired to him and he had not even took out his shoes yet. “Yah! Yah! Yah! Deo jinja! I haven’t even take off my shoes and yet you already ask me all that question?! Ahh jinja..”. Kikwang raised his hand up to try and hit Dongwoon but being the cheeky maknae, Dongwoon just laugh it off and quickly ran to the living room where the other members are all relaxing in front of the TV. After Kikwang took of his shoes, he slowly walked to the living room and squeezed himself in between of Yoseob and Doojoon on the sofa. “Yaaahhh!!”. Doojoon who was obviously annoyed, shouted at Kikwang. “Yah ote? How was the dinner?”. Yoseob asked. “Awesome.. My family loves her..”. Kikwang answered Yoseob question. “Wow! I can hear the wedding bells ringing!”. Dongwoon decided to disturb Kikwang. The rest of the members laugh it off and Kikwang who doesn’t even bother Dongwoon’s joke because that’s just how he is, focused his attention to the TV. Currently he’s watching Lee Joon, his close friend from Mblaq that he already regard like his hyung, trying to answer the MC’s question on who he’s ideal type is. Kikwang got a feeling that he knows who Lee Joon’s answer will be but he tried not to think that way. “Ehh.. Seolma.. Joonie hyung won’t say that his ideal type is…”. “Jeon Hyosung ssi..”. Before Hyunseung can finish his sentence, Lee Joon had already answered the MC’s question. Awkward silence can be heard not only from the boys, but also the studio that Lee Joon is in. “Oh! Jeongmalyo Lee Joon ssi? What will you say to Kikwang ssi then?”. The MC decided to ask Lee Joon again. Lee Joon can be seen laughing. “Kikwang and I are really good friends and we’re close.. He knows that I was just joking obviously..”. The studio roared up with laughter the moment Lee Joon answered the MC’s question. “Wahh! Joonie hyung jinja micheoso aniya? How can he answer like that? A controversy almost surfaced because of his answer..”. Junhyung said. “Yah.. Deo gwaenchana? You know Joonie hyung was just kidding right?”. Yoseob nudged Kikwang with his elbow. “Hmm.. Yah.. I’m going in.. I’m tired.. You guys better sleep early.. We need to wake up early tomorrow.. Jalja!”. Kikwang slowly stood up and walk back to his room. It might sound like Lee Joon was just kidding but that was not what Kikwang felt. He knows Lee Joon well to know whether he’s kidding or not. “Yah.. Is Kikwang really okay? I’m confused now.. Should I go talk to him or something?”. Yoseob asked the rest of the members. “Aniya.. Let him be.. He’s fine.. If you go and talk to him, it might get worst so just let him be.. He knows Joonie hyung is just kidding obviously..”. Doojoon tried to stop Yoseob. “Hey.. You arrived home safely?”. Kikwang heard Hyosung asking him the moment he answered the phone. “Yup! I’m all ready for bed now..”. Kikwang answered Hyosung. “That’s good.. Tomorrow’s gonna be another busy day.. Oh by the way, I’m going to Busan tomorrow.. Gonna have a fan sign event there..”. Hyosung told Kikwang. Kikwang who was busy packing up his bag for tomorrow, paused. “Can I ask you something?”. Kikwang’s sudden question caught Hyosung off guard. “Dae.. Wae?”. Hyosung asked. “Do you think Joonie hyung have some kind of feelings for you?”. Kikwang asked. For Kikwang, whenever he is in a relationship, there are some things that he will not talk about and some things that he thinks he should talk about with his partner when it’s bothering him. Right now, he’s bothered by what he saw on the TV just now. “Lee Joon oppa? What kind of feelings? You know what kind of relationship the three of us have right? We’re close with him and I already treat him like an oppa. You know that.. So what’s up?”. Hyosung asked Kikwang although she’s still confused. “Nothing.. Just that he told on-screen that his ideal type is you and then he say he was just joking.. Somehow that bothered me cause I know that he’s not joking..”. Kikwang told the real reason behind his question to Hyosung. Hyosung who got nothing to say just laugh it off. “Aigoo.. Uri Kwangie neun, are you jealous right now? That’s so cute.. Why is that bothering you right now? You know how Lee Joon oppa is right? He’s a clown sometimes and he’ll just say anything on-screen without thinking the consequences that he have to face afterwards.. That’s just one of his moments right there obviously..”. Hyosung tried to calm Kikwang. There was silence for a moment before Kikwang answered. “Geurae.. I guess so.. You know what, I think it’s time to hang up now.. You got a very long day tomorrow and I want you to have a very good rest.. I love you so much Jeon Hyosung.. Jalja!”. Kikwang decided to throw all the negative thoughts away and say goodbye to Hyosung. “Arasso.. You have a good rest too.. I love you so very much too Lee Kikwang ssi.. Jalja!”. Kikwang smiled and hang up the phone. He sat down on his bed and tried to get everything that Hyosung says back to his head. He gotta admit that for the 5 years that he knew Lee Joon, there are times where it’s just hard for him to understand Lee Joon sometimes. He still remembered the day when he was a guest at ‘Oh! My School’ and was even a regular for a month in that show. That show is actually where he met Hyosung for the first time and what made them where they are now.

Flashback..

“Yah! Kikwang ah.. Do you think that Hyosung ssi likes me?”. Lee Joon’s sudden question caught Kikwang off guard that he almost choked on his food. “Dae? Ehh hyung.. What’s with the sudden question?”. Kikwang tried to cover his shocking face by asking Lee Joon back. “Oh Joonie hyung! How can you ask that kind of question to Kikwang? You know that Kikwang likes Hyosung ssi since the very first time ‘Shy Boy’ came out whereas hyung just started liking her when you met her on this show.. You can’t just cut the line hyung..”. Yoseob told Lee Joon. Kikwang who can’t believe what Yoseob just said, quickly gave a hard slap on his thigh. “Yahh!! Deo meohaneungeoya! You don’t have to say that to the whole world you know?! Aish.. Jinja..”. Yoseob already curled his body down to endure the pain that he just got from Kikwang. “Oh? You also like her Kikwang ah?”. Lee Joon who didn’t know that Kikwang did really have feelings for Hyosung asked him. “Aniya.. I just, have a crush on her.. I mean, looking at her on ‘Shy Boy’, she was really good and all so yeah..”. Kikwang quietly told Lee Joon. Lee Joon who didn’t really get Kikwang’s feeling just nodded while for Yoseob who knew Kikwang longer than Lee Joon did, knew that Kikwang was just trying to be nice so as not to hurt Lee Joon’s feelings. “I think I like her.. I hope she have the same feeling as I do though.. Yah ottoke?! Why am I feeling like this?”. Lee Joon starts to gush on why he’s feeling nervous all of a sudden considering they’re going to be on-air on ‘Oh! My School’ in 10 minutes. Kikwang let out a bitter smile while Yoseob just looked at Kikwang and can’t help but to feel bad for .

End of flashback..

“Yah! I thought you’re tired and you wanna sleep?”. Doojoon’s voice woke Kikwang up from his flashback. “I was going to..”. Kikwang mumbled and pulled his blanket up to cover his whole body. “Kikwang ah.. About just now, you know Joonie hyung was just kidding right? He always did that kind of stupid jokes but he will never hurt his dongsaeng’s feelings. Deo aljana..”. Kikwang knew that Doojoon just say that to make him feel better. “Arasso..”. That’s the only thing Kikwang said and Doojoon can’t do anything but to just let out a sigh.

The next day..

Beast are already in the van now and they’re on their way to go to their first scheduled destination and that is the salon as they have a morning broadcast today. Once they reached the salon, all 6 members went to their designated stations while the stylists get on with their work. After the stylist washed Kikwang’s hair, Kikwang was asked to sit down infront of the mirror as the stylist puts on his makeup. While waiting for the stylist to be done, Kikwang kept busy by reading some articles on his phone while listening to some music on his earpiece. As he was scrolling down, his eyes was suddenly fixed to an article that involves Lee Joon, Hyosung and him. Kikwang read that article and it turns out, it’s the article about what Lee Joon told on-screen yesterday night. Kikwang let out a soft sigh. He didn’t even thought that what Lee Joon said yesterday could make a headline article on the net. Kikwang quickly closed the article before he even finished reading it and when he was about to put his phone aside, his phone rang and it turns out, Lee Joon was calling. Kikwang took a deep breath before he answered the call. “Kikwang ah..”. He heard Lee Joon called out his name. “Dae hyung? Jaljineseoyo?”. Kikwang decided to ask how he is as it’s been awhile since they last met each other. “Oh dae.. Jaljineseo.. Deo neun?”. It’s Lee Joon’s turn to ask how is he. After some random convo, Lee Joon started to tell Kikwang the reason why he called. “Yah.. I wanna apologize for what I say on broadcast.. I didn’t know it’s gonna be a headline on the net.. I was just joking and you know that right?”. Lee Joon really regretted what he did. “Aniyo hyung.. Gwaenchanayo.. Hyosung and I, we’re doing fine and we know that you’re definitely joking.. It’s cool.. Geundae hyung, you really did not mean what you said right?”. Kikwang decided to ask Lee Joon again. There was a pause coming from Lee Joon before he answered. “Eyy Kikwang ah! Deo, deo aljana! Of course, of course I was just joking!”. ‘Wait.. Joonie hyung, he’s stuttering and when he’s nervous, he always stutter.. Could this mean…’. Kikwang shook his head. He tried to throw that negative thinking away. After saying goodbye to Lee Joon, Kikwang put his phone aside and he couldn’t help but to think about his conversation with Lee Joon just now. ‘What is Joonie hyung trying to tell me? Does he really like Hyosung? But why must he confess his feelings now? My relationship and Hyosung is going to be 2 years soon so why must he act up now?’. All this questions is running through Kikwang’s mind. He doesn’t have an answer for all that questions and he doesn’t even know what he should do. The thing that he can only hope for is that Lee Joon won’t break the friendship trust that they’ve had for 5 years now.

End of Kikwang’s POV..