EXO

Mr. Sunshine

The next day, I woke up happy. I was pratically jumping around with joy, obviously still excited about my Sehun encounter.

“Looks like someone is in a good mood today.” Mom said with a smile. *You have no idea.* I hummed.

After eating breakfast, I glanced at our window hoping to catch a glimpse of Sehun. No luck. I sighed and took my backpack. I pecked my mom’s cheek quickly. “I’ll be leaving now.” “Okay, be safe.” “I will.”

 

“Haemi!” Rina yelled the minute I was in the room.

“Rina!” I screamed and hugged her.

“You two are too noisy. You saw each other yesterday!” Chanyeol complained.

Chanyeol was our friend. The three of us together were inseparable. We became friends when were in middle school and our friendship grew when we decided to go to the same high school.

Rina made a face. “Eh! You’re such a party pooper, Yeolie.”

I nodded my head in agreement. “Stop being such a girl.”

“YAAAAH!” Chanyeol screamed in frustration.

“Mr Park! Why on Earth are you screaming?!?!” Our teacher, Mr. Shin yelled.

“Sorry sir.” Chanyeol ducked his head in embarrassment.

 

Me and Rina looked at each other and chuckled. Chayeol shot us an irritated look. I smiled innocently while Rina stuck her tongue out.

Class was extremely boring. I stopped listening to Mr. Shin babble about algebra when somebody knocked. I looked up to see Kai with his oh-so-handsome-face. Gasps and giggled were heard throughout the room. The girls in our class suddenly sat straight and smiled as much as they could while some had the balls to give Kai a wink. Kai just chuckled at them.

Kai was part of popular group called EXO. Why do they have a name, you ask? I have no idea. But hey, it makes them look cooler. There 5 members in EXO, Kai, D.O, Suho, Baekhyun, and my love, Sehun.

 

“Class dismissed.” Our last teacher said.

Rina walked over to me. “Ugh. Finally.”

I rolled my eyes. “You should start paying more attention to class.”

“You sound like my mom.” She made a face.

“Haemi’s right. If you keep acting like that I won’t be surprised if you fail.” Chanyeol scolded.

Rina rolled her eyes at us. “Fine. Fine. Sheesh. Just stop scolding me. You guys sound like mom.”

 

We arrived at the canteen at the school.

“CHANYEOL!”

We turned around and saw Kai waving at us. Well, mostly Chanyeol.

Chanyeol looked at Kai and waved back at him.

“Come sit with us!” Kai said.

Chanyeol looked at me and Rina. “Sorry. I already have plans with them.” He said pointing at us.

Kai looked at us and smiled. “They can join too.”

Chanyeol looked at me. I gave him a smile signalling it was ok.

“Okay. We’ll just get our food then.” Chanyeol said.

Kai nodded and went back to their table.

 

“Oi, Chanyeol. You never told us you were close with them.” I whispered.

“I didn’t think it mattered.” Chanyeol answered.

“Well, you should get Sehun’s number for Haemi. You know as an apology.” Rina wiggled her eyebrows.

“Yeah!” I said.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “I’m close with Kai and Baekhyun but not with Sehun.”

I pouted. “You’re useless.”

He rolled his eyes.

 

After getting our lunch we met up with EXO. I could feel the stares burning through my back but I decided to ignore them. This is my way to finally get close to Sehun! I’m not going to chicken out because some girls were jealous. The table was empty. Only Kai was there. *I wonder where Sehun is.*

“Hi Chanyeol!” Kai said cheerfully.

“Hi.” Chanyeol said.

“Where are the others?” Chanyeol asked inspecting the almost empty table.

Kai shrugged.

Kai looked at us and flashed us a flirty smile. “Hi ladies, I’m Kai. And you are?”

“Haemi.” I plainly answered.

Kai looked at Rina expecting an answer.

“Rina.”

“Rina? That’s a beautiful name.” Kai took Rina’s hand kissed her knuckles.

There was a chain of gasps and whispers. I’m fully aware that people were watching us. I’m pretty sure Kai was too.

“Not this again.” Baekhyun hissed annoyingly.

Baekhyun pulled Kai away from Rina. He then looked at us with irritated eyes. “Don’t get to close with Kai. Got it?”

“Y-yeah.” Rina gulped.

“You okay?” Chanyeol whispered to Rina.

Rina gave him a tiny smile.

“You make me look like such a ert.” Kai whined.

Baekhyun shot him a look. Kai raised his hands up in surrender.

 

The rest of the EXO boys came and sat down. Suho and D.O gave us a friendly wave while Sehun just looked at us.

“Hi Chanyeol.” Suho greeted.

“Hi Suho.”

“Who are they?” Suho asked with a friendly smile.

“Them? This is Rina.” He pointed at Rina.

“Hello.” Rina said politely.

“And this is Haemi.”

“Hello~” I waved at them.

“Hello, I’m Suho, this is Baekhyun, Kai, D.O, and Sehun.” Suho pointed.

“Hello let’s be friends!” D.O said happily.

“Sorry for getting mad earlier.” Baekhyun said looking guilty.

“It’s fine.” I assured him

“Yeah.” Rina nodded.

Sehun looked at us with his famous poker face. “Sehun.”

You might be wondering why I decided to call Sehun, Mr. Sunshine, right? No, Sehun does not smile often. He’s usually wearing his oh-so-famous poker face. I decided to call him Mr. Sunshine because when I see him I feel like being ripped open and filled with sunshine.

Sehun squinted his eyes and looked at me. “Hey, I know you.”