Sick Baby

Mr. Sunshine

“So what happened next?” Rina giggled excitedly.

“Nothing. I went home but let me tell you something.” I said motioning her to come closer. “I could have sworn he was waiting for me this morning!”

“No way!” Rina giggled.

“Isn’t it too early for you guys to be gossiping?” Chanyeol asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Chanyeol, come and listen.” Rina said and pulled Chanyeol to where we were sitting.

After Rina explained what happened it seemed as Chanyeol was also excited for me. “That’s good then, Haemi. It means he’s opening up to you.”

 

Lunch arrived and I couldn’t even happier. I get to finally see Sehun and knowing that we would be together later made my mood even better.

“Where’s Sehun?” I asked Baekhyun when we arrived.

“He got sick.” Baekhyun answered

“What?!”

Baekhyun was taken aback by my sudden outburst. “He got sick.”

“Why? We was okay yesterday.” I whined.

“He stayed up late last night playing games; I guess he caught a cold.” He explained.

I slumped on my chair and ate my food angrily. The others were weirded out by my sudden outburst and sent me confused glances. Chanyeol simply explained to them that I was in a horrible mood. They were confused but accepted the explanation.

I wanted to go home as soon as school ended but that seemed to be an impossible task as my teacher told me that it was my turn to clean the room which only added to my foul mood. After what seemed to be 30 minutes of half assed cleaning, I decided to call it a day. Let somebody else worry about cleaning the room.

When I went outside I quickly spotted a group of boys chatting. As I went closer to them I quickly realized it was none other than EXO, excluding Chanyeol and Sehun.

“Baekhyun? What are you guys still doing here?” I went closer to them.

They turned to me and smiled. “Oh! Haemi, I thought you went home.”

I scrunched my nose. “It was my turn to clean.”

“Ah.” He nodded.

“So what are you guys doing here?” I asked them.

“We collected Sehun’s homework.” D.O said showing me the pile of paper.

I immediately brightened at the mention of Sehun. “Sehun’s?”

“Yeah. And now were deciding who’s going to bring it to him.” D.O said.

“I can do it.” I volunteered.

They looked at me with worried faces. “I live next to him.” I explained.

“Are you sure?” Suho asked.

I nodded my head. “Positive!”

“Well okay then.” Suho said.

“Great! We can now go to the arcade!” Kai yelled.

D.O handed me the homework with a grateful smile. “Thanks, Haemi.” *No. Thank you.*

I accepted the paper and turned to leave.

“Bye Haemi~” They hollered.

I waved at them.

“Goodluck Haemi! You’re going to need it.” I turned and saw Kai giving me two thumbs up.

 

When I arrived at my street, I felt giddy and excited. This would be my first time coming to his house. I wonder what it looks like? Maybe this is the moment where he’ll ask me to be his girlfriend. I giggled at all the scenarios forming in my head.

I arrived infront of his house, not bothering to change out of my uniform. I took a deep breath before knocking.

I heard footsteps coming closer. “Hello?” The door opened.

“Hi. I came to give Sehun his homework.” I showed her the pile of homework in my hands.

She smiled at me. “Oh, of course! Come in!”

“Thank you.” I bowed and went inside.

“I’m Sehun’s mom.” She smiled.

I smiled back at her. “I’m Yoo Haemi, Sehun’s friend.” *And future wife.* I added in my mind.

“Sehun’s room is upstairs.”

“Okay. Thank you. It’s nice finally meeting you, Mrs. Oh.” I bowed.

She stopped me and stared intently in my eyes. “Goodluck.”

I was confused. “Okay?”

 

“Sehun?” I asked and knocked at the door.

I patiently waited for a response and when I didn’t get any I decided to knock again. “Are you there?”

“Sehun?” I called out his name and twisted the doorknob. *It’s unlocked.*

I carefully pocked my head into his room. “Sehun?”

I saw him lying down at the bed while snuggling a teddy bear. Never in my life have I been so jealous of a stuffed toy. “Sehun?” I cautiously pocked his back.

He groaned in response. “What?”

I smiled. “I brought you your homework?”

“Just put it in my table.” He groaned and pointed at the table.

I pouted. *I come all the way here and this is what I get?* “Okay.” I heaved a heavy sigh and turned to leave.

“Don’t go.”

I froze in my tracks. Was I imagining things? “Don’t go.” He pleaded.

“Okay.” I said and sat on the chair.

“Sing for me.”

“What?”

“Sing for me.”

“I d-don’t sing-“ I stammered.

“Please.” He looked at me with pleading eyes.

I sighed and gave up. “Fine.”

 

After I finished singing I looked at him only to be greeted by his sleeping face. I smiled softly. I carefully swiped the hair out of his face. “Goodnight.” I stood up and silently closed the door.

“Sorry about him.” His mom said when I got down.

I shook my head. “It’s okay.”

“He becomes such a baby when he gets sick. Did he throw a fit?” She asked.

I shook my head. “No.”

She was shocked. “Really? That’s a first. He usually throws a fit whenever he’s sick.” She laughed.

“Wow. I didn’t know that.” I admitted.

“I’ll be sure to call you when Sehun gets sick again.” She joked.

“I’ll come running.” I joked along.

 


Hi there! Don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe ^^