Step 1: Be his friend

Mr. Sunshine

“THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!” I squealed in delight.

What happened? Well, my dear friend Chanyeol finally gave me Sehun’s number! I am now 1 step closer to his heart!

“Just don’t text him.” Chanyeol said.

My mood dropped instantly. “What? WHY?” I whined.

No way, I finally get Sehun’s number and I can’t even text him? What am I supposed to do? Just stare at it till the world ends?

“NO!” I blurted out.

“Haemi. Just do as I say. Wouldn’t you get weirded out when Sehun just starts to text you?”

“No. I mean, we’re meant for each other! It’s bound to happen at some point.”

Chanyeol sighed and looked over my shoulder. “Rina, please back me up.”

Rina looked up from what she was doing and sent Chanyeol an icy glare.

“Still on cold war?” I patted his shoulder sympathetically.

“Yeah.” He said dejectedly.

“You guys fight about the weirdest things. I remembered when we were in middle school you fought about which pencil to use.” I laughed.

“She started it anyway.” Chanyeol defended. “Even about the pencil thing! I remember her nagging that I should only use number 3 pencils.”

“Hmmm.” I tapped my chin. “I have an idea!”

“About what?”

“Getting you and Rina talking again.”

“Come here.” I motioned him to go closer as I whispered my plan to him.

“Are you sure this will work?” Chanyeol asked.

“100 percent!” I said confidently.

 

Chanyeol left our classroom. I walked over to Rina with a smile. “Hi.”

Rina looked up from her book. “Stop smiling like that. It’s creepy.”

Rina looked around. “Where’d Chanyeol go?” She asked.

My smile became even wider with the mention of Chanyeol’s name. “I don’t know.”

“You’re planning something, aren’t you?”

I shrugged and went over to my seat.

 

Just before the bell rang, Chanyeol came back, panting. I looked at Rina to see if she was looking at him. She was. Chanyeol walked over to Rina and placed a box of number 3 pencils with a sticky note saying:

“I’m sorry.”

“Fine. I forgive you.” Rina said slightly pink. *Well that’s a new reaction.* I thought, amused. Chanyeol looked over at me and gave me two thumbs up.

 

RINGG

I nearly bounced off my seat when I heard the bell. *It’s finally lunch!* I looked over to see Chanyeol and Rina talking as if the whole fight never happened. “WELL?”

They looked at me with weird faces. “What?”

“Let’s go to the cafeteria already! I want to see Sehun!” I pouted.

“Okay but first we have to tell you something.” Rina said seriously.

 

“So Sehun, what do you do in your free time?” I asked him.

“I listen to music and sleep.” He said without emotion.

“Oh.”

I looked at Chanyeol with a pleading smile.

 

“Okay but first we have to tell you something.” Rina said seriously.

I tilted my head to the side. “What?”

“I agree with Chanyeol you can’t text Sehun.”

“BUT-“ I defended.

“NO BUTS! If you text him, you’ll seem like a crazy fangirl and lose all your chances to be with him!”

I pouted. “But what do I do then?”

Chanyeol and Rina exchanged smiles. “Step 1: Be his friend.”

 

So here I am, making a complete fool of myself. Sigh. I tried to make conversation with Sehun a few more times but it all ended in failure. *Well at least he doesn’t ignore me anymore.* I comforted myself.

It was already time to go home. I sighed. *I didn’t even have the chance to talk to Sehun properly.*

“Haemi?” A voice asked.

I turned around and saw someone walking towards me.

“Sehun?”

 


Hi :D Leave a comment and upvote if you have time ^^