Miss Stupid

My Boyfriend's Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Students were dispersed and chitchatting in the corridor the day after the extraordinary encounter. However hard I tried to get the bothersome girl off my mind, I couldn’t. I should have ripped her head off! I should have strangled her! I should have made her face feel my palm! I kept cursing, hesitant whether those thoughts were thrown out of grudge towards how she flung herself at my boyfriend or because her eyes emitted that disgusted glare when I kissed her.

 

“Wait up, Tiffany. I’m sorry,” Sunny apologized, racing to catch up with me.

 

She kept taking a grip of my arm, but I kept brushing her off. “How could you? Confronting the girl was your idea in the first place. You shouldn’t have left like that!” The hint of irritation never left me as she wouldn’t give up chasing.

 

In the blink of an eye, she passed me and blocked my way, digging her fingers into my shoulders. “I know! That’s why I’m saying I’m sorry now.”

 

I had never been mad at her. This day, however, was conclusively the record-breaking. I merely looked down at my own feet, shaking my head sideways. Then, apprehension slapped me hard back to practicality. I realized I was exaggerating things and that I shouldn’t be throwing my hot temper out at her. “Fine, forget it,” I said, grabbing both her hands and graciously tossing them down.

 

She positioned her thumb on my chin and the rest of her fingers in support, pushing it up so our eyes would meet. I remained stiff, watching her look at me sympathetically. She sighed heavily, “Did something happen?”

 

“No.” I shushed in dismay, breaking eye contact. I couldn’t tell her I kissed the girl we hated. I couldn’t tell her I kissed the girl my boyfriend was sneakily dating. That would totally freak her out, or worse, would make her want to throw up.

 

“Then why are you frowning?”

 

Right, why am I even frowning? The principle of telling a lie after another occurred. “Because—that was it, nothing happened. I didn’t have the guts to tell her I’m Nick’s girlfriend.”

 

Disappointedly, she shook her head. “Come on, let’s get to class.” She held my hand, and we walked side by side in peace. Although other students’ voices were earsplitting, the awkward silence between Sunny and me was cutting through.

 

Jessica’s lips were soft, softer than Nick’s. Are all girls’ lips softer than guys’? Of course, silly! Mine are. But are all lips as pink as hers? Tilting my head, “Ah, . I’m going insane.” I groaned loudly, unable to hold in my feelings. That also served as a good start to get rid of the piercing tranquility.

 

Sunny was in awe but still wore a compassionate face. “Why don’t you ask Nick to break up with her?”

 

I flinched upon hearing such a good idea. But I would never do that. What if I told Nick that I know he has another girl? What if he admits it and says he loves her more than me? He will undoubtedly break up with me. No way, I don’t want that. My sense of judgment spoke, and I could do nothing but contort in result.

 

 

“Do you remember what you told me the other day? That we’ll go to the bar later tonight?” I sluggishly mumbled to Nick as we were seated next to each other in class. Hiding my pain underneath plastered smiles, I crossed my arms above my stomach, not looking at him.

 

He seemed taken aback. “But you said you can’t go and that you don’t fancy a drink.”

 

“Well, I changed my mind. I want a drink, if not now, then later.” I exclaimed, not taking into account how he would react.

 

He eyed me suspiciously as his facade grew bizarre. “Alright, I’ll think about it.”

 

I lazily nodded.

 

He pulled his phone out from his pocket and stood up while constantly jerking the handset. I simply observed as his back went farther, but not even five feet away, his body flipped, and he came back to me. “Honestly, something came up, so I can’t go with you tonight. I’m really sorry, but I made plans with Nichan right after you told me the other day that you can’t go.”

 

“Oh, is that so?” I faked yet another smile, assuring him it was alright with me, although I know he was just using his older brother as an excuse. “I’ll just go and ask Sunny to accompany me then.” I stood up too, planning to go to Sunny’s room. But as I was about to walk past Nick, he grabbed me by my waist. Speculating, I looked at him and noticed tenseness in his features.

 

“You’re still going later?” Apparently shocked, he was trying to hold it in.

 

“What’s with the sudden reaction?” I questioned with my eyebrows wrinkled.

 

“Huh? Nothing, I’m just—worried. Don’t flirt with other guys there, okay?” He uncomfortably stated before pecking a quick kiss on my forehead.

 

 

Walking with Sunny and her boyfriend, Sungmin, towards the entrance of the bar, I rubbed my arm using one hand as the wind blew, sending chills down my body. I kind of regretted wearing a sleeveless shirt and shorts. It was freezing outside. Thankfully, the inside of the bar was warmer than expected.

 

Guys and girls were dancing to the upbeat tune, while Sunny and I followed Sungmin as he gestured to our round table. I didn’t care how out of place I was being with the lovebirds. I particularly wanted to drown my dilemmas in alcohol and nothing else anyway. As my sight traveled to the different tipsy faces partying in the middle of the place, I almost spat my daiquiri out. I swallowed it hard, wanting to free my mouth as soon as possible. “What the is she doing—,” I half-screamed, shocked, making Sunny and Sungmin gaze at me in distress. Jessica, my boyfriend’s other girlfriend, is also here. She is here!

 

“What was that about?” Sunny and Sungmin shot me their attention, waiting for an answer.

 

“The girl—,” I discontinued when I realized they would only fuss about it once I told them. I should keep my mouth shut. Besides, I needed to stay in place and figure out what that girl was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter