Miss Mischievous

My Boyfriend's Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When the disgruntled professor dismissed the dull class, Jason began walking towards me to discuss the tedious project we had been assigned. In the process, Nick crossed in front of him, throwing his arm over Jason’s broad shoulders. They both walked to the corner, while I watched as they whispered to each other. Wow, that’s so manly. I sarcastically laughed in my head. 

 

Moments later, they both walked over to me. “So, Tiffany,” Nick called before hugging me tightly, something I used to love but now hated.

 

Rolling my eyes nonchalantly, I asked, “What was that about?”

 

“I just warned Jason not to lay a hand on you,” he grinned, looking at Jason, who was standing stiff as a statue beside him.

 

After a few minutes, Nick said goodbye, giving Jason and me a chance to talk about the schoolwork. “So,” Jason began, apparently not knowing what else to say. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What is he fidgeting about? Did Nick threaten him or something?

 

Ignoring his strange behavior, I asked lazily, “So, what’s the plan?” to ease the tension in his chest.

 

“Let’s do it at your house,” he suggested, eliciting a small laugh from me. “What’s funny?” he added, looking a bit annoyed.

 

“I live in the girls’ dorm, remember? I might get in trouble with the nuns if I brought you there,” I explained, also asking for an alternative plan.

 

When he finally understood, he laughed as if he had heard a funny joke. It wasn’t even funny, it was a fact.

 

Left with no other choice, I had to calm him down. “How about we do it at your place?”

 

Scratching the back of his head, he paused for a while before deciding. “We can’t do it there. I’d rather do it alone,” he asserted.

 

No way was I going to let him do that alone. He was struggling in all his subjects, and now he wanted to do this alone? I couldn’t let him bring me down with him and fail. “No, it's a paired work. We should work on it together.”

 

Disturbed, he bit the inside of his cheek. “Alright,” he mumbled in distress, throwing his head back.

 

Whoa, he’s acting weird. It’s not like I’m going to eat everything in his fridge.

 

 

“Don’t go so freaking fast!” I repeatedly shrieked as Jason drove his motorcycle with me behind, holding firmly onto his waist. Despite knowing him for years, I had only just learned that he was a biker and rough rider who participated in racing competitions. No wonder he was driving at such high speeds, making my hair soar behind me.

 

Wait, why isn’t he wearing a helmet? Is he a hoodlum?

 

I was astonished by the size of Jason’s place. It had a beautiful greenhouse on the side, complementing the exquisiteness of the bricked residence. “Do you live here alone?” I asked as we approached the living room. “Oh,” I added shortly after noticing a pair of legs dangling over the sofa’s armrest. Someone, likely his sister or a relative, was apparently lounging. Upon hearing our footsteps, the girl sat up to face us. The first thing I noticed was the iPad in her hand as she played a game. As my gaze progressed to her face, my eyes caught a mesmerizing beauty, my heart skipped a beat for a moment. It was Jessica!

 

Darkness clouded my eyes upon seeing her. Animosity filled my mind, but my heart was saying otherwise. My brain calmly considered strangling her, but my chest was opposing. It was pounding hard with excitement at her presence. Breathe, Tiffany. She's just a girl, not a guy. I reminded myself. But then, lust took over my senses when I realized she was wearing denim shorts and a white, see-through tee that almost exposed her stomach and abdomen. Her hair was tied in a messy ponytail.

 

Oh my God, why does she need to look this seductive even at home? Even the sun is no match for her hotness. She isn't just a girl. She is Jessica!

 

“Why did you even bother wearing a top? You look like a stripper. Go change.” Jason grunted, insulting her.

 

What kind of relationship do you two have to talk like that? And no, why force her to change her outfit? If she’s comfortable with it, then leave her be. You are right, though. Why did she bother wearing a shirt when she could just be ? I mean, that would be awesome, wouldn’t it? I bit my thumb, trying to hold in a grin as I realized I was talking to Jason inside my head. That didn’t make any sense.

 

“You’re just saying that because you’re gay. If you were a real man, you would definitely love this,” she cockily responded, and I giggled in agreement. She vacantly stared at me for one split second before swerving to walk out of the living room.

 

What’s that one-second stare about? Could she not stand looking at me for a minute? Am I that ugly? Or she doesn't recognize me at all? And wait, Jason is what? Gay?

 

My eyebrow rose in surprise.

 

He threw his hands up in defense. “Don’t look at me like that. I’m not gay!” he struggled to justify. “She’s my cousin. Don’t ever talk to her. She’s a real ,” he added quickly. “Hang on a second. I’ll change out of my uniform first.” With that said, he darted off the scene.

 

I sat sluggishly on the beige sofa and took out my Korean history book, waiting for something to happen. Suddenly, my mind began analyzing everything.

 

Jessica is Jason’s cousin, and Jason is Nick’s best friend. Therefore, Jessica and Nick met through Jason. However, Jason knows that Nick and I have been dating for three years already. So why did he let Jessica come in between us? Based on how Jessica and Jason acted a while ago, I’m sure they hate each other. Did he do this to get back at her, to take revenge? My head hurts just thinking about it. Jason is Nick’s partner in crime, so Jessica is not at fault, and she is also a victim. Nonetheless, I need to find out the truth before jumping to conclusions.

 

Lost in my train of thoughts, Jessica suddenly walked back into the living room. Completely ignoring my presence, she lay down on the arc-swing hanging in the corner, still holding her gadget. I was astonished by her beauty and couldn’t help but stare, but too bad she was wearing decent clothing now. She was still gorgeous, though.

 

How dare she ignore me? I want to tear her head off her neck and her clothes off her body, or rather, her body off her clothes. Wait, what? I pondered as I sat with my arms crossed, leaning against the backrest. Then I thought of messing with her. I deviously smirked to myself before crumpling a piece of paper and throwing it her way, hitting the screen on her hand. I innocently gazed back at my book, pretending to be busy.

 

“Hey! Did you throw this?” She called out, snapping me out of my thoughts.

 

I looked up and noticed her head tilted in my direction. Fuming at the sudden distraction, I shot her a confused expression. “Did I?”

 

Before tossing the paper hard against the floor, she spat. “You’re so immature!”

 

Haha, sure. I almost burst out laughing, but thankfully, I managed to hold it in. She’s cute when she’s fuming. Why is everything about her so adorable? I couldn’t stop my lips from drawing little smiles, even when I was already focusing on my book.

 

“Hey, what are you grinning like an idiot about?” Walking in the area, Jason abruptly snapped, making Jessica shift her gaze back to me. I could feel my heart poundin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter