Miss Mysterious

My Boyfriend's Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Freezing chilliness blew, sending shivers down my spine as I painfully fluttered my eyes open. A preppy smile abruptly made its way out of my features as I saw the mesmerizing view beside me—the sleeping beauty Jessica. I slightly yanked the sheets only to find my body under it.

 

Oh right, we did it again last night. The idea that if I was , then she was too, turned the smile into a devious grin, like that of a molester’s, but I wasn’t that evil to pop an eye open and check out such an innocently dormant being. My back rose to a sitting position before I stooped low to give her a quick peck. Reluctantly, I loitered off the bed and wore my clothes.

 

Just when I was about to sneak out of her room, “Where are you going?” her voice surprisingly interrupted. I went round and admired how slowly the blanket slid off her upper body, revealing her perfectly shaped s. Her elbows propped to support her back, and with that, I was blown away. “Where did your tongue go?” She mocked, pulling the sheet up to cover her bareness.

 

Before indolently replying, “I need to go back to the dorm,” I gulped even though there was nothing left to slurp from my cottonmouth.

 

“Halt it there,” she commanded, standing up with the thin piece of cloth wrapped all over her body. She listlessly stretched an arm out to reach for a paper bag over the nightstand, “I was supposed to give you this last night but—anyway—here,” and handed it to me, obviously not wanting to bring up last night’s commotion.

 

My forehead pleated in glee, “What’s this?” The bag was familiar, and I was sort of certain it was whatever she bought last night when she walked off.

 

“Find out for yourself, smartass.” Her eyebrow cocked mischievously.

 

Being the obedient person I was, I jerked the lids away and scrutinized the content. It was three boxes of Pepero. “You’re making me shed tears of joy,” I shyly said while shooting her a grateful smile.

 

“Don’t mention it. I’m getting goosebumps.” She humorously retorted, pretentiously shivering in disgust.

 

“I don’t know what to think of. Pepero and there are three,” I wondered, hoping there was a secret message to be decoded. Whether she liked it or not, it wasn’t Pepero Day today and three means I love you.

 

I’m clearly overthinking.

 

“Three only means—wipe that drool—and nothing else.” She explained noticeably lying. I knew for one simple reason, she was occasionally fidgeting. “And what’s the hurry? You plan on ditching me?” She added, more like getting away from the topic, as she playfully slapped my shoulder. “Since I’m too generous, I’ll drive you home anyway.”

 

The three words I almost spat came to mind, making my face flush tomato in shyness. I rapidly closed the gap between us and stole a kiss from her soft lips before lightheartedly sticking a tongue out. “It’s alright, Jessica. I can manage.”

 

Without further contests, she sighed heavily, nodded, and went to wear some clothes.

 

 

I was about to tug their house gate open when I saw a familiar car parking its way in front. Seconds shortly, Taeyeon jumped out standing before me. I paused psychologically asking myself what the girl was up to, as if the answer would descend from the sky upon doing so.

 

“Hey, what are you doing here so early?” She politely asked though a bit of cockiness could be perceived through her voice. “Wait, why are you wearing my Jessica’s shirt?” Her jaw plummeted in shock.

 

“She lent me this,” I briefly explained, quite irked at how weird she was acting and how she called Jessica hers.

 

Obviously annoyed, she intolerantly rolled her eyes. With arms crossed, she stomped a foot hard against the ground. How mature. She walked past me, bumping our shoulders as she whispered, “Hands off my Jessica. Stay away from her.”

 

“Who really are you?” I fired as I was watching her walk away from me, heading towards the front door. She disregarded my question—and my presence. She unlatched the door and walked in like a supervisor.

 

Jessica is hers? What is that supposed to mean? Is she her girlfriend? But Jessica has Nick. Is she doing multiple relationships? What the ? Then, what am I to her?

 

My mind told me to brush the rubbish away but my heart was stating otherwise. My feet wanted to keep walking away, but my chest was pounding in place, apparently suggesting that I approach the goddamn door and discern what was happening.

 

When did the mind win over the heart anyway? I guessed never, given that I sauntered near the door and stopped internally debating. A prompt resolution didn’t land until it wasn’t necessary anymore since I heard the voices begin talking.

 

“You spent the night together?” That was Taeyeon’s voice, I was more than a hundred percent sure.

 

“Hm—it depends on who you are talking about.”

 

“That girl outside, wearing your shirt. You’re quote, unquote crush.”

 

Outside, wearing her shirt—she was definitely talking about me. Does that mean Jessica has a crush on me?

 

My eyebrows shot up in surprise, both my eardrums exploded in excitement.

 

Wow, she was actually talking to her about me.

 

A self-possessed smile plastered on my face accordingly.

 

Unfortunately, the confident smile quickly fell when I heard her respond. “Tiffany? So you bumped into each other.”

 

Oh my God, she knows my name. Was she just acting the whole time? What the hell is wrong with her? Wait… maybe she’s just waiting for me to formally introduce myself to her. That could be an idea.

 

“Yes, she slept over because we were caught up in a mess last night.” Jessica explained, which made me wonder why she had to clarify things to her.

 

The previous tension was swiftly altered by giggles. What the—were those two bipolar? “So I suppose something happened.” Taeyeon enthusiastically guessed right. My brain went to jump down a bridge as I was too confused—one moment she was acting like a possessive girlfriend, and next she was excited to hear how our night went. “She’s pretty, I might as well say.”

 

“Come on, pretty is an understatement, Taeyeon. You still haven’t seen her smile. Her eyes were forming those adorable crescent shapes. She is way too gorgeous.” The girl dreamily commented, like she was a commoner fainting over the presence of a handsome prince in a movie.

 

Wait—am I hearing everything correctly? They both find me pretty? I didn’t give a flying concern about Taeyeon, though. Jessica regarding me as gorgeous and learning she had a crush on me already swept me off my feet.

 

“Looks like my Jessica is hooked, huh? Love is written all over your face, girly.”

 

“Are you crazy? That girl can’t get any more stubborn—she even refused to tell me her name. I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t hear Jason call her. I just admire how beautiful she is and how funny, but that’s just it. Oh, not to mention the incredible . But I told you before, this is only a little crush.”

 

“I’m not the one who’s crazy here, but you if you expect me to believe that. The last time I checked, that day you came to me in panic, you were like—holy , I saw the most beautiful girl ever at the park, she is so ing gorgeous, the world stopped spinning when she looked me in the eyes, she really kissed me, I saw her in slow motion which I think is what people call love at first sight—something along those lines with no spaces, Jessica.”

 

“Hey, I didn’t say those! I mean—did I?” She retorted in a whiny voice.

 

“Whatever. You can go around denying to everyone but me, you perfectly know that. Anyway, do you think she loves—I mean—likes you too?” Curious, she supportively chorused poking fun at the other lass.

 

It took a moment before Jessica could answer but when she did, my heart rocketed off to Jupiter. “I’m sure she likes me. She’s acting nervous and funny around me, always making a fool of herself. Her eyes are full of lust, you would crack up laughing once you see that. Also, I think she was about to tell me she loves me.”

 

“What do you mean she was about to?”

 

“Yeah, she didn’t continue. It must be because we just met recently that she chickened out, and said she loves urinals instead. Hey, why that? Do I look like a urinal?” Disappointment was audible in her tone, her pitch going keys higher while ranting.

 

The formerly energized ambiance fell for only them and God knew why. It was almost a minute before Taeyeon spoke again. “You know you need to stay away from her, right? You’re going to break her heart.”

 

“I don’t know—I—” Jessica asked.

 

“Stop before it’s too late. If she really means something to you, you shouldn’t hurt her.”

 

What the hell? How will Jessica hurt me by not staying away? We already both know we have boyfriends. Hm, that girl. Maybe she is the jealous type, that’s why she’s brainwashing her. She is so dense!

 

 

They weren’t talking about me anymore but something else, something insensible. From time to time, the voices were coming off more quietly, which made me level an ear flat against the door.

 

Snap. The next thing I recognized was my body slumped on the floor. I looked up at my fringe and found two girls gawking at me with their jaws dropped. We were perplexedly blinking at each other in downright shock, as if none of us knew what was happening.

 

“H—hi?” I hesitantly mumbled before striking a mermaid pose on the solid ground.

 

“Are you snooping around?!” Startled, Jessica asked before turning her head to Taeyeon.

 

“Me?” My physique erected, and I held onto my chest to add theatrical effect. “What’s there to spy on, conceited?” I stiffened, pushing my chest out, pretending I was poised.

 

“So what were you doing, silly?” Taeyeon interrogated.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter