Miss Gorgeous

My Boyfriend's Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Take a deep breath, Tiffany. Don’t cry. Here are the photos my boyfriend took so you can see.” I skimmed through the photos Sunny handed me, my nostrils flaring in anger as I listened to her friendly report. My chest felt heavy as I struggled to believe it at first, but the evidence was undeniably strong.

 

How dare he cheat on me? In our more than three-year relationship, I never once imagined that Nick would do this to me. Sure, he was really clingy when it came to other girls, but I never thought he would go overboard and kiss another girl in public like that. “Who the hell is that girl?” My lips shivered in anger, and tears formed in the corners of my eyes.

 

Sunny shook her head in disappointment. “I’m sorry, Tiffany. I have to admit, my boyfriend is one good detective. Unfortunately, he won't be successful in photography. In all the photos, the girl is facing away from the camera.” She grunted, stating a fact I already knew.

 

If only I knew who that girl was, I could have stabbed her with a bread knife!

 

 

“There she is, sitting cross-legged on the bench right behind those two trees,” Sunny gestured, referring to Nick’s other girl.

 

I peeked my head out from behind the tree where we were hiding, but just like in the photos, she was facing away from me. “I’m literally going to slice her head off, Sunny. Remember that,” I said skeptically, but with a devious smirk while pulling up my sweater sleeve.

 

She playfully slapped my shoulder twice, giving me encouragement. “I’ll be right here, cheering you on.”

 

With full confidence, I turned to make my way towards her. Frustration made me walk too fast, but not quite as if sprinting. “You're dead meat, girl,” I muttered under my breath, practicing the script I had in my mind. Whether or not she followed my screenplay, she would definitely receive a hefty slap from me. That’s what she deserved anyway.

 

To my surprise, in less than ten seconds, I was only three steps away from her. She was looking all the way down at the book on her lap. Seriously, why is she reading with the book on her lap? Just as I was about to start with a “Hey, ,” following my mental script, she turned to peek over her shoulder, glancing my way.

 

Without thinking, my body reacted on its own. Before I knew it, I was walking away from her, going back to the damn tree where Sunny was. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion at my own actions.

 

“What was that about? You’re a chicken now?” Sunny half-madly spat, one hand going through her tilted back forehead, obviously upset at what I did.

 

“You don’t understand. She’s so damn gorgeous!” I accidentally clarified. Did I say she’s gorgeous? Holy somersaulting cows! Mentally slapping myself, I groaned, not wanting Sunny to hear.

 

“Gorgeous? Ah,” she rolled her eyes at me. “I can’t believe this.”

 

“No, Sunny. She truly is gorgeous. I’m no match for her! No wonder Nick wants her.” I fell to the ground, sitting on my legs and face-palming. “What do I do now? There’s no point to this. He’ll even pick her over me. No doubt about that.”

 

She mimicked my position and patted me on the head. “Don’t say that. How could there be no match? You’re gorgeous yourself.”

 

Her words never failed to hypnotize me because I believed her instantly and stood upright, as she did. “Now, confront her and tell her you are Nick’s girlfriend. Tell her to back off from him,” she paused and added, “It’s as simple as that.”

 

I hastily nodded in agreement, even though I knew how hard it was to do what she wanted me to. I paused for a moment to compose myself and turned around. As I took about two steps forward, I felt my throat knotting up. Faster than a marathon champion, I scurried back to Sunny. “I can’t do it,” I shook my head sideward, and my hands were holding hers as if I were begging.

 

She didn’t say a word. Instead, she impatiently crossed her arms below her chest and tapped her foot persistently. She rested two of her palms on my shoulders and wiggled me as if I were asleep. “Now go over there and do what you have to!” I had never seen her so serious. It frightened me so much, but that wasn’t enough to make me run and act like a war freak around the gorgeous girl. Why do I keep referring to her as gorgeous? Dammit!

 

As I was about to give a thumbs-down, she roughly turned my body and pushed me towards the track. Surprised, I accidentally bumped into something, making me fall hard on my palms and knees. That wasn’t when my mouth opened wide as if a plate would fit in, but when I realized I bumped into the gorgeous being.

 

Holy guacamole! Why is she this close? When did she even start walking? Why is her face so angelic? Why is her skin so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter