5

RadioActive

"Ok Jieun, I need you to focus and tell me what happened, alright?" Himchan asked and she nodded, stealing glances at Daehyun.

"I-I met this guy on the highway, he drove an RV and stopped when he saw me, he offered me a lift to the city..." She paused then looked at Daehyun again, he was clearly annoyed.
"We started having a conversation, it was awkward at first..."

1 1/2 hours ago:

"So Jieun, what do you have to search in the city?" Yongguk asked and she smiled.
"Maybe there's a refugee center there as well...one that still stands..." She answered and he gave her a side look.
"As well?" He asked and she looked a little taken aback, surprised that he asked such a question.
"Y-yeah, every city has one, though some couldn't stand the massive hit of the virus and even though they tried to fight it...they ended up getting infected, I hoped that this city might still have a standing refugee center..." She said and leaned her head against the window.

She sat there quietly for a long while, loving how the world seemed to pass by her through the window.

"How come you don't know about refugee centers?" She suddenly asked and he sighed.
"Up until yesterday I was in a light coma...I found out about it all from a friend of mine..."
"A friend of yours?" She straightened, finding the story intriguing.
"Yes...Daehyun, he's my best friend since childhood...he was there with me in the hospital room" he answered as he felt the worry in him grow bigger, the younger was still not in sight and he should've appeared already.

"Is he ok?" There was no response and she cleared , "you know...alive..." She continued and Yongguk frowned.
"Yes. I'm positive, I'm sure he's alive because I told him I'd protect him, that id find him so he should keep running..." He gently nibbled at his lower lip, tearing the dry skin off of it.

A deer ran across the road seconds before they passed and Yongguk lost control over the car.
the car went off the road and into the woods, he pressed hard on the paddle in order to stop the vehicle but he heard something snap and when he noticed the RV wasn't slowing down he knew.

He lost the breaks.

They crashed into a tree both hitting the dashboard hard with their heads as the belt left marks on their skin and probably broke or dislocated something.
 

Jieun opened her eyes and hissed as she felt her head was about to burst.
She took in her surroundings when she suddenly met the face of her savior, blood dripping from the gash on his forehead, his breathing shallow, he had only scratches but she feared internal damage seeing he was barely breathing.

"Y-Yongguk...?" She lifted her hand up to touch him but was proved to have done wrong when she felt a sharp pain from her shoulder down her arm.
She looked at herself, the belt was jammed and she couldn't get up.
She once again looked around, maybe she could find something to free herself with.
"J-Jieun..." He coughed as he opened his eyes.
"Yongguk! Are you alright?! Are you hurt anywhere?!"
"I-I don't think so..." He said with a heavy groan as he threw himself back on the seat, leaning into it.
He glanced at her, she was trying to get off and he smiled painfully, "just our luck right?" He laughed then hissed painfully.
"J-just keep quiet! I'll get myself out and then you" he shook his head and swallowed thickly.

"T-there's a knife in my back pocket...you think you can get it?" He asked her and she shook her head.
"I can't feel my hands so you'll have to try" he said and groaned as he lifted himself slowly of the chair.
She looked at him, he was clearly in pain.

She sent her hand into his back pocket, muffling her cries of pain as her own hand gave her a hard time.
"I-I can't..." She said wearily and he shook his head, "you have to try...sooner or later zombies will come here, this car won't be able to protect us in it's current state..." He gave out an airy laugh then took deep breathes to try and maintain his posture.
She tried once again, extending out her hurt arm, tears welled in her eyes and she bit her lower lip to quiet down her pained whimpers.
"A little more..." She muttered and stretched her hand further, hurting herself more.
She finally grabbed the knife.

She sat there trying to regain her stamina back, it exhausted her to put so much on her hand when she probably suffered a serious injury there.

"Cut the belt...and get out of here..." He said, his voice wavering a little.
"I'm not going to leave you here alone!" She insisted and he smiled at her.
"Who said anything about leaving me here?"
"Then..."
"Go and get help...I'll be right here, I promise I won't go anywhere..." He painfully laughed at his own joke.
Even though she was afraid she nodded, agreeing to go out alone in her condition.
She cut the belt and got out of the car, as she took the first step she got dizzy and almost collapsed to the ground.

She decided she needed to get Yongguk to a safer spot without moving him too much so she decided to drag him into the back of the RV, knowing that if she somehow blocks the front of the RV then Yongguk would be safe from any zombie attack to come.

"W-what are you doing?!" He asked as she wrapped her arms around his shoulder.
He groaned as she dragged him into the back of the RV and then laid him on the mattress there.
"Trying to help you survive until I come back with help..." She said as she stopped for a second, her arm was giving her a hard time.

She then looked over at her options, she needed something to put as a buffer between him and the front of the RV.

"J-join the drivers seat and the passenger sit together, it will hold..." He said and she wearily looked at the sits, they looked slightly heavy.
She did as told and joined then then climbed out.
"I'll be back so you better be alive when I do!" She warned him and he nodded with a smile.

She wandered the forest until she heard voices, she ran towards them and found he camp.


The four men looked at her in bewilderment.
Daehyun grabbed the collar of her shirt, discarding two facts: 1. She was a girl and 2. She was hurt.
"Where is he?!" He asked, slightly trembling.
"Closer to the highway...it's straight ahead" She pointed to the direction she came from, he immediately grabbed the duffle bag, knowing there's a first aid kit in there.

"You could get lost, we'll come with you just wait a second.."
"No!" He yelled and they all turned to look at him, surprised, "I Thought he was dead...I wanted him to be because then I wouldn't need to face the blame of leaving him behind, but knowing he's alive...I can't wait..." He said and ran away from there.

"Aish...that stupid guy..." Himchan hissed and Youngjae pat his back.
"He'll be fine...he's strong" the younger said and then turned to the girl, "let's take care of your wounds shall we?" She nodded then glanced in the direction where Daehyun ran to.

"Hyung! Hyung answer me!! Hyung!!!" He yelled, he saw dark smoke start to rise and he ran to its direction.
He saw the car and a little more then half a dozen zombies trying I get in it.
he sprinted to it and stabbed them in the head, one by one they were all once again dead, this time permanently.
He saw a fire starting at the engine and after killing the ones on the outside he killed the ones who were able to get inside but not past the barrier Jieun created.

Yongguk watched as someone eliminated the zombies that tried to bite him, he wasn't able to see properly since he couldn't straighten up.

"Hyung!" He heard Daehyuns voice then two arms wrapped around him and lifted him to a hug.
"Dae?!" He was shocked to see the younger, "what are you doing here?!"
"There's no time for this, I'll explain later! right now we need to get out if here!" he said as he pulled away from the hug, stealing glances at the fire, growing and getting nearer and nearer to the gas tank.

Yongguk didn't question the other, he found him, that was his goal and now he just needed to stay alive to protect him.


"Do you think they're alright??" Jongup asked as he paced around.

The others were sitting at the picnic table, helping Youngjae attend to Jieuns wounds, as a person who liked to be extra precautious he learned first aid.

"I don't know..." Himchan answered while keeping his focus on what Youngjae was doing.
"I mean do you think Dae even got there safely!? what if he was eaten be a zombie!?"
"I don't know..."
"Shouldn't we go and see?? i mean what if they'll get lost?! then they will be starved and be cold and sooner or later will be eaten alive...what if Daehyun needs our help with carrying him!?"
"Up...i don't know, just relax!"
"Omg...they will be eaten alive!"
Himchan got up and grabbed the other by his shoulders, "goddamnit, MOON JONGUP! they are fine I'm sure they are-"
He was cut off by a loud explosion from the direction Daehyun went to and they all got up and looked at the sky as it filled with thick clouds of grey smoke.

"Guys...i have a bad feeling about this...."



i just love ending my stories like this...what do you think...dead? alive? i wonder...

well i hope this isn't getting annoying with all the uncertainty...but that's how i describe the apocalypse... you either die or live so everyday could be you're last day....yep...pretty much.
thank you for sticking with this story!!!love you guys!

hahaha...'k....ㅠㅠ