1

RadioActive

He woke up with a painful groan, feeling every bone in his body crack back into place, as if he's been laying for hours.
A massive headache hit him and he squeezed his eyes shut, trying to block out the blinding light coming outside the window.

He looked around, he knew where he was, the hospital, but why the heck was he there?!

A small weeping sound traveled to his ears and he perked up, it came from the bathroom.
He immediately got up, regretting the action as he got dizzy and stumbled across the room and towards the bathroom.

He stood there for a few seconds, one hand holding his head and the other using the door frame as support.

He took a deep breath then opened it, the door creaked as it opened, it was dark.
The only light was from the window behind him and it wasn't as helpful since he almost completely covered it.
He squinted his eyes to try and see where the weeping came from then his eyes found a big dark lump crawled against the wall.
The crying stopped and he could see the figure shift a little.

"Hyung?" Daehyuns familiar voice met his ears and he bent down and pulled the other for a hug.
Daehyun returned the hug almost as enthusiastically.
"W-what happened?! Why are we here?" He asked as he tried to pull away from the hug but the younger clenched into him, not letting go.
"Dae? What's wrong?" He asked, he was worried, the behavior didn't fit his friend and he knew something was wrong.
"H-hyung..." He stuttered and then pulled away to look at the older.

A loud banging on the door and low growling noises were heard and their heads shot to its direction.
"They're here" Daehyun said in fear and Yongguk looked at him, questioning.
"Is the door locked?? Blocked??? Hyung we need to be really quiet!" He suddenly said, the last words were whispered.

"Dae, what's going on?!" Yongguk growled and Daehyun covered his mouth with his hand, shutting the older up.
"Shhh!!" He urged him and pulled him closer then pushed the bathroom door close with his leg.

After a few minutes the banging died down and the growling sounds grew further and further away until they weren't heard anymore.

Daehyun slumped his body against Yongguks chest as his arms draped over his shoulders, his hips straddling the older's hips.
He sighed in relief and stared blankly into the darkness that now surrounded them.

"I thought you'd never wake up" he said and nuzzled his face into Yongguks neck, bringing his arms together and hugging him tightly.
Yongguk hugged him as well and his back, hoping once the younger calms down then he might get answers.

After a few minutes of unbearable silence Yongguk gently pried Daehyun off "what's going on?" He asked, keeping his voice calm.
Daehyun hugged him once again with a deep sigh.

"A few weeks ago you collapsed, you tired yourself out, we went to the hospital and then everything went crazy, I know it might sound crazy but do you remember the TV show we both saw?? About the zombies?" Yongguk nodded.
"Well after we came to the hospital some secret chemical factory owned by the army blew up and a virus spread around and well now there are zombies. The hospital was able to defend itself and supplied food and medical care, since you couldn't get the proper medical attention you needed you didn't wake up and doctors apologized saying they needed to take care of those with better chances...I closed myself off in here once the disease finally got into the hospital as well...since then we've been trapped in here" he said then pulled away to look at him, trying the make out the lines of the older's face structure.

"W-what?? How long has it been?!" Yongguk asked, amazed by the new information provided to him.
"About 2-3 weeks..." He answered, heavy silence fell upon the two and they both scrambled up minutes after and walked out the bathroom, both in a daze.

A loud growl broke the silence and Daehyun covered his stomach in embarrassment.
"When did you last eat?" Yongguk asked and sat on the bed then patted on it, signaling him to sit beside him.
"About 4 days ago" he complied and sat beside his hyung.
"That won't do...we need to get out and find food" Yongguk mumbled and sigh deeply.
"B-but those things...we can't! We'll die!" Yongguk shook his head then looked at him.

"Do you know how to kill them?" He asked and the younger nodded, "a blow to the head, you need to hit their brain...it stops their system function, it was all over the radio" Daehyun said and Yongguk nodded then looked around.
He spotted a knife near a plate of spoiled food and handed it to Daehyun.
He then looked around more and decided to take the metal stand where they hung IV bags.

"Common lets go" he said and the other looked at him confused.
"We can't stay here sooner or later we'll die from starvation and maybe there's a safe place with more survivors!" Yongguk reasoned.
"Hyung I'm too scared" the younger cried and clenched onto the sleeve of his shirt.
"I'll protect you common" he said and pulled him towards the door.

He held the door knob and then turned to look at his friend.
"Remember...aim for the head!" He said then opened the door.

Quiet.

He peeked his head out and examined the dark hallway.

Empty.

A shredding scream pierced the dark abandoned building and they both exchanged frightened glances.
Yongguk took hold of Daehyuns hand and led him out, making sure they both remain as silent as possible.

It was troublesome for him to walk with the long IV stand and he struggled with it, making sure it didn't accidentally scrape the floor and draw zombies over to them.

They passed the corridor and stood in the entrance of another one, this time it wasn't as dark and the flickering light from the fluorescent lamps gave them a good idea which side to avoid as they could see that on one side there was less blood while the other could be labeled as a pool of red.

A loud gun shot echoed in the halls and the word 'run' followed.
They both looked behind them and saw two figures approaching, running, while aiming their gun behind them, where a herd of zombies followed suit.

"Damn...Daehyun run!" He said and started running, still holding onto Daehyuns now trembling hand.
They ran so fast it felt like their legs would sooner or later fall off or something.
Yongguk pulled him into a room and closed the door behind them.

"What about the other two?!" Daehyun asked as he paced around in circles and bit his nails.
"We need to look out for ourselves..." Yongguk took deep breaths, trying to calm his fastened heart beat.
"But they're humans too..." The other looked at him, disappointment evident in his eyes.
Yongguk groaned and grabbed his shoulders.
"The only one I care about is you! As long as you're okay then everything else will be fine" he said, keeping his gaze locked with the younger.

The shooting outside abruptly stopped with a loud shriek of pain and they both looked at the door, Daehyun stared at it with fear while Yongguk turned his back to Daehyun and took hesitant steps towards the door then stopped again.

"We could've saved them..." Daehyun muttered and Yongguk turned around and looked at him painfully.
"We can't save everyone" he answered and Daehyun scoffed bitterly.
"We should at least try".

They both waited until they heard the faint sound of dragging feet grow quieter along with the growling dyeing down.
When they were positive they could go out they once again opened the door quietly and checked each side of the corridor.

They managed to successfully get to the first floor where the cafeteria was, along with more rooms and a reception desk.

They ran into the kitchen and grabbed everything they could.
They munched on some of the food, cherishing the savoury taste.

This time it was Daehyuns voice that pierced the silence, screaming from the top of his lungs.
Yongguk turned around and grabbed a large knife off the counter.
Although he seemed confident he froze at the sight of a rotten body trying to get a bite off his friend, his best friend, the only person he has left.

Daehyuns screams for help snapped him out and he lunched forward, stabbing the corpse in the head.
The zombie collapsed to the ground and with it Daehyun.

"Dae! Are you alright?!" Yongguk knelt down beside him and Daehyun pried off the lifeless hands of the zombie off of him as he nodded, looking so frightened, the older never saw him this scared.

"Were you bitten??" He frantically searched the younger's body for any bite marks.
"I-I don't think so..." Daehyun mumbled and Yongguk looked over for any bites once again then breathed in relief, seeing none.

"Common staying here is even more dangerous, the others might have heard your screams..." Yongguk scrambled up and helped Daehyun up as well.
"I'm glad you're okay..." He said, seeing the dazed state Daehyun was in.
The younger looked up at him and gave him a soft smile.
"Me too...believe me" it was good that he could joke, it meant he didn't lose his sanity yet.

They both cautiously walked over to the main entrance of the hospital.
More zombies walked around outside the building and they couldn't see any escape.

"Maybe the roof? Maybe we'll see better from up there" Daehyun suggested and Yongguk nodded.

They both walked up the stairs they so desperately climbed down.

Hearing the dragging of feet and low growls made them stop and Yongguk signaled Daehyun to keep quiet.

After about 15 minutes the herd of zombies passed their hidden location and they continued to climb up the stairs.

They finally reached the top, exhausted and drained.
They looked down, searching for a rout out, trying to avoid the frightening scenarios of what could happen if they wouldn't succeed as they all played constantly in their heads.

"There! There are less zombies over there and we can take something to cut the fence!" Yongguk pointed at a spot where the number of zombies wasn't that big and they could easily wipe them out.
"But we'll have to do it all quietly, we can't afford to draw the others" Daehyun nodded and they walked off.
After arriving at the entrance again, they examined it.

They forgot one detail..."how do we get out without being noticed??"


 



well that was a lame start -.-  ugh..i just realized...this is going to be longer then a 3 shot...though 10 chapters is the highest and this story might not even get there...well...hope this wasn't that disappointing :\    by the wayyyyyyyyy!! thank you for the subscriptions and comments! it means a lot to know people look forward to your stories and such! ^///^