3

RadioActive

"Hyung?!" He said enthusiastically.
The low growling that traveled to his ears and the dragging of feet indicated otherwise and a zombie came out from behind the bushes.
Daehyun took a stuttering step backwards, the thought finally sinking in.

He could've lied, no, Yongguk did lie.
Daehyun never looked back to make sure Yongguk was behind him, and why would he? The older promised, that was more then enough to him.

He turned around and ran, he was scared, so scared.
He stopped for a second time, hearing nothing but the cold wind then he bent down and sat, back against one of the trees there.

He broke into a heart tearing cry as he sobbed over the fact that chances are, Yongguk is dead, no, he is dead and now Daehyun was all alone.
He curled into a ball, trying to make himself as little as possible.
He fell asleep, tear trails staining his cheeks.

He woke up to the rustling of dry leaves and twigs snapping.
He heard vague muttering and then felt himself being lifted.
He opened one eye groggily.

"Yo! How u feeling?" He heard someone ask.
The strangers voice wasn't deep, it didn't spark anything familiar in him, in fact, it sounded sweet, so sweet he was now terrified.
"Who are you?!" He struggled out of the others hands and managed to place his feet on the ground, it felt like safe land and he turned to the stranger.

First thing he noticed was that the man wasn't taller then him, in fact he wasn't tall at all.
His eyes looked like slits, or maybe it was due to the fact he was smiling so widely.
He had a manly built, anyone could see that but he looked more like a child with that freakishly annoying smile.

"Is that how you thank your saviours?" He heard someone else, this time the voice was slightly closer to Yongguks.

He turned around and saw a skinnier man giving him a pointy look.
He was sure there was another person somewhere around because the voice he heard just didn't fit the feminine image of the stranger in front of him.

"What?? do I have something on my face??" He started groping at his face as Daehyun continued to stare at him.
"Uppie! Get it off!!" He whined as he approached the first stranger Daehyun met.
"There's nothing on yo-"
"Just get it off!" The other continued to whine.
"Himcha-"
"Get it off already!"

"Who are you?" Daehyun asked firmly and they both turned around, the feminine one cleared his throat then smiled as he reached his hand out.
"Hi...sorry 'bout that, I'm Himchan and this is Jongup!" He introduced himself then his friend.
Daehyun hesitantly shook it.
"And you are...?" Jongup asked and Daehyun looked at him then smiled awkwardly.
"Sorry...Daehyun, my name is Daehyun".
"Well then Daehyun! We were just going back to camp, wanna join us? It's better then being alone!" Himchan asked and the said man swallowed thickly.
Alone...He was sure that behind the words Yongguk said there was this promise, that he will never be alone....that the older would protect him.
"Daehyun?" Jongup snapped him out of his thoughts and he gave him an awkward smile as he nodded.
Anything but being alone. Anything.

He followed the now not-so-strangers as they led him to their camp site.
After about a 20 minute walk they arrived safely at the camp.
"We're back!" Himchan yelled and Daehyun immediately looked around, checking to see where the zombie who heard his yelling will jump out of.
"Relax you're safe!" Himchan squeezed his shoulder gently then followed Jongup into the camp.

Two guys came out and Jongup hugged them both enthusiastically while Himchan just smiled at them.
"We found some canned food" he informed the two and the taller one of them wrinkled his nose in disgust.
"Don't tell me...beans??" He was disappointed.

"Who's that?" The other one asked and pointed at Daehyun.
"Hyung it's rude to point" the tall one said with a smug smile.
"Shut up" the other rolled his eyes and Himchan chuckled.

"Jongup?" He turned to the said man, asking him to introduce Daehyun.
"Ah! Right! Guys! This is Daehyun, we found him sleeping in the forest" he said then turned to the new addition.
"Daehyun" he pointed at the taller one ,"this is Junhong".
Junhong smiled at him "Yo! You can call me Zelo!"
"This is Youngjae" Jongup turned to the other stranger and the latter bowed his head with a big smile.
"H-hi..." He muttered and smiled at them.

He was given a quick tour of the place.
Quick not because there was no free time on their hands but because the so called 'camp' was more like 3 tents and a picnic table.
He wondered whether they were camping when the virus spread.
Jongup and Himchan were sharing a tent while Zelo and Youngjae had separate ones.

"Youngjae! can you share with Dae?" Himchan asked.

Dae... Yongguk called him that, Daehyun hated that nickname and the older decided it would be fun to annoy him so he used that nickname.
It didn't work... Daehyun never cared how Yongguk called him, of course he acted up and showed that he did but at the end of the day he didn't mind at all.

"Dae? Dae! Daehyun!" Himchan called him and he looked up at him.
"You sure space out a lot!" he joked as he patted his shoulder and led him to Youngjaes tent, "Jae said it's okay so you'll stay with him, just get settled and i'll go and see whether we have an extra sleeping bag" he said and left Daehyun alone.

Daehyun stared at the tent.
Why is is that he can't stop thinking of him? Yongguk is dead so how come he can't let go.
A tear rolled down his eye and he wiped it then stared at his finger, slightly wet, he scoffed, "great...now I'm crying".
"I don't know what happened to you out there but...i'm sure any of us can relate so why don't you share?" he turned around and saw Youngjae, his arms folded across his chest.
"I don't want to bore you with my sad life story... is that my my sleeping bag?" he asked and Youngjae nodded and unfolded it.
"Good thing we had an extra..." he spread it and ped it then stood up and looked at Daehyun.
"We all suffered a loss, this way or another...I came here with my girlfriend and well you don't see her here right? I'm just saying...don't ever think you're alone in this..." he walked out the tent and Daehyun smiled bitterly.
"How can you be sure of that..." he mumbled and sighed.


Yongguk managed to get out of that god forsaken place with no injuries.
He needed to catch up with Daehyun but where will he run to.
He looked at his options.
Left- go along with the highway.
Right- go along with the opposite direction of the highway.
Or straight- go into the forest.

Dae would've gone with the safer route... he examined the roads and decided to go right, "going home seems like the best option" he muttered as he walked down the road, keeping himself on high alert.

Night started to fall and he started to get tired, the fight with those corpses caused his muscles to ache and he needed a good night sleep.
It was funny how he just got out of what seemed like a coma and now he was tired again.

He searched for a car that would be big enough for him to stretch his legs but strong enough if a herd of zombies decides to jump on it.
He found a mini RV and used the wooden handle of the knife to knock on it, he heard the familiar low growling behind the metal door and he sighed.

He was so tired.

He approached the drivers window and peeked in, the tank is almost completely full.
He could use it to drive and find Daehyun, chances are he would find him sooner.

"All or nothing..." he muttered and opened the door, the zombie launched at him and he stabbed it in the head before it got the chance of taking a bite off of him.

He climbed into the RV and looked around it, shelves were almost full, he had enough food for a few days, there was no water but there were warm blankets and a mattress.
He went to the front and sat at the drivers sit, he ignited the car and smiled when he heard the smooth and low roaring of the vehicle, happy to know that there was nothing wrong with it.
He turned the key around and walked to the back and laid down on the mattress.

It felt empty, empty without his best friend, without Daehyuns babbling and annoying hands as he tried to hug the older in their sleep.

"Common hyung...it's not like anything will happen between us! it's just hugging!" 

Yongguk chuckled and curled into a ball, despite the warm and thick blankets he felt cold.
He's alright...he has to be alright...
 



i feel like it's getting sloppy...this one really wasn't that interesting and it was more like a product of my uninspired brain trying to get inspired...something like that~
thank you guys for the comments and to all my new subscribers!! :D