9

RadioActive

15 minutes earlier:

A group of guys walked into the building Daehyun and Yongguk took refuge in.
"I think this would do, what do you think guys? Should we spend the night here?" One of them asked and they all nodded as they looked around.
"Umm...hyung? I think we have a problem..." Another one said and the previous person who talked looked over at him.
The other pointed at Yongguk, who was unconscious.

"Do you think he's dead?" Another one asked and nudged the body with his leg.
"Ravi...stop it..." Another one said and the man so-called Ravi just shrugged.
"I think he's wounded" a 4th man spoke.

"Maybe...Leo check for pulse!" Someone answered and the man called Leo gave him an offended look.
"Why me?!" He whined.
"Stop whining and just do it."
Leo approached Yongguk and bent down, he checked for a pulse.
"I can barely make it out, it's really faint...he doesn't stand a chance..." He said as he got up and looked at the leader of the group.

The leader sighed and nodded.
"We have to do something..." Ravi said and the leader nodded.
"I know, it's just...the ones we killed were already dead, this one is still alive...it's different."
No one replied to that, they all thought the same, but Yongguk wouldn't make it...it would be better to finish him off and not let him become a zombie...he was too far gone.
The leader raised his gun and pointed it against Yongguks head.

"Hyung!" A cheerful voice traveled to their ears and they all turned to look at the direction it came from.
Daehyun looked at Yongguk then at the man holding a gun to his head and he clenched his fists.

Before anyone could react or figure out what was going on, Daehyun had already launched himself at the stranger and landed a paunch to his jaw.
The other fell to the ground and groaned in pain.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Daehyun roared in anger as he stood protectively in front of Yongguk.
"He's too far gone, we wanted to do him a favor and prevent him from turning!" The leader got up on his feet as he gently massaged his jaw.
Youngjae made his way to Yongguk and checked for a pulse and breath.
"He just fainted but we need to get him to a doctor." He said then rubbed his knuckles again the olders chest, doing everything he learned in first aid class.
Yongguk groggily opened his eyes and looked tiredly at Youngjae.

The stranger pursed his lips, "we didn't think he'd make it through...I'm sorry."
Daehyun glared at him then helped Youngjae to drag Yongguk out and into the SUV.

Daehyun entered the vehicle first and sat down, Zelo helped Youngjae get Yongguk on it as well and once he was finally in Daehyun let the older lean on him.
The rest entered the SUV and they all drove off, leaving the group behind.

"You have doctors there right?!" Daehyun asked, realizing he never asked such an important question.
"Well, since the center was built at the early stages of the outbreak we have a lot of survivors, including a few doctors and surgeons, you're in good hands, don't worry!" The man sitting beside the driver answered and Daehyun breathed in relief.


Once they arrived one man lead Youngjae, Jieun and Zelo to their rooms and the other led Yongguk and Daehyun to get proper medical care.
A doctor came to them in a hurry when he saw them and told them to lay him on one of the tables there.

"Tell me everything I need to know about his injuries!" He demanded.
"He was in a car accident, his chest was crashed and he sprained, he had to be moved so the zombies wouldn't get to him, he can't breath properly and from how it seems it's painful for him to both move and talk" Daehyun told him everything that mattered.
"How long has he been like that?!" The doctor asked once again.
"It took one day to get here and we've been here for a few hours and he never said anything about the pain so I have no idea how long and how much he's been suffering..." Daehyun started to dread the faith of his hyung.
"Okay I need you to get out of here! Now!" the doctor said and they walked out.
"I'll show you the room you'll stay in..." The stranger said and he nodded, glancing back at the room where he left Yongguk.


"Sleep a little, it's gonna take a while..." The man said again.
"I never asked for your name!" Daehyun informed him and the stranger smiled warmly, "Hongbin" he said and walked out before Daehyun could thank him for all the help.


The surgery was over and Daehyun was called back.
"How is he?" He asked as he approached the doctor.

The man sighed and gave him a tired smile.
He's been on his feet for more the 3 hours.

"It was a success, we just need to watch over him, we'll get him to your shared room once we can start moving him around more, for the time being he'll be in the next room so I can monitor him properly" the doctor said.
"Thank you doctor!" Daehyun bowed 90 degrees.
"Hakyeon...just call me N..." He answered and squeezed the youngers shoulder in encouragement then walked away.

"How is he??" Youngjae said and Daehyun turned around and smiled at him.
"They say he'll be fine they just need to monitor him..." He said as they walked out and sat down on a bench outside the building.

"I'm sorry, we didn't mean to abandon you guys..." Youngjae apologized and Daehyun shook his head with a smile plastered to his lips.
"It's okay, as long as there are no more casualties it's fine."

Youngjae stared at the other for a while.
He felt close to him, they were the same age and maybe that contributed to the feelings he started having for the other but he wanted to share everything with him.

"I think we finally found a place..." He said after deciding it was better to wait a little more.
"Yeah..." Daehyun said in a daze as he looked around the courtyard.
"We finally did..."

Youngjae took the liberty to do as he liked, to see if he was getting into safe water, and he laced his fingers with Daehyuns.
The latter didn't respond, he didn't move his hand either, he was too shocked.
"Daehyun, he's awake..." Hongbin appeared out of nowhere and Daehyun hurriedly got up, leaving Youngjae to decide whether that was a rejection or not.
Youngjae sighed and let out an airy laugh, "great dude...you have the best timing in the world..." He mocked himself and got up to see Yongguk as well.


"How do you know my name though?" Daehyun asked as Hongbin led him to the room.
"That girl told me.. The one that was with you guys" Hongbin answered and Daehyun frowned.

He couldn't even remember a girl with them and when Hongbin opened the door it hit him.
Jieun was sitting by Yongguks bed and they were both laughing.
Daehyun got a little jealous but he reasoned with himself.

Yongguk wasn't gay (or so he knew) so he made sure not to get his hopes too high.

"Hyung!" He said happily as he approached them, Jieun let go of Yongguks hand, apparently she's been holding it from the start.
"I'll leave you two alone..." She said and walked out.
"How are you?" He asked once he heard the door open then close.
"I'll be alright" the older answered.

A heavy silence fell upon the two, you could smell the tension in the air and they both looked everywhere but each other.
In all the years they knew each other, there was no awkward feeling such as this.
Daehyun glanced at Yongguk and felt it was necessary to bring it up right now.

"Hyung listen I'm sorry about th-"
Youngjae opened the door and the other mentally groaned in frustration.
"So you were hiding here!" Youngjae said gleefully and Yongguk chuckled.
"How are you feeling?" He asked and Yongguk smiled wider.
"Alive" he laughed lightly and Youngjae smiled.
"Well then, job accomplished!" He said and the other nodded.
Jieun then walked back again, "you're done talking?" She asked with a warm smile on her face.
Daehyun didn't answer he just walked out the room calmly as they all watched him, a little taken aback and confused.
"What's got into him?" She asked and Yongguk shrugged.


Daehyun jogged lightly to the outskirts of the refugee, leaning against the brick wall that separated them from the zombies.
He felt like he needed to get out of there, to run, hide, anything.
He was now positive that Yongguk was pushing him out of his life.
Who wants a gay person who is in love with you around?!
He scolded himself for the mistake he made, he just had to kiss him, he couldn't restrain himself, he had to go all high school melodrama on him and now Daehyun was paying the price.

"Daehyun right?" A brunette guy approached him and Daehyun scoffed.
"Let me guess a girl told you my name?" The stranger frowned and shook his head, "I'm pretty sure it was a guy...it wasn't?!" He joked a little and acted more surprised then he should've.

Daehyun chuckled as he shook his head, "I'm Ken by the way..." He said and Daehyun smiled and nodded.
"I know we met just now but we're one man short in our supply hunting team, you seem like a capable guy, what do you say?" Ken offered and Daehyun looked at the general direction he pointed.
A group of guys stood there and waved at them, amongst them he could recognize the other man who was with Hongbin in the car.

"Out there? Again? With those things?" He said.
Of course he was hesitant, he finally found a safe place to stay in, even if he wanted to get out it's not like he would actually do that right?
"Don't worry, we'll give you a proper weapon and protect you, we always protect each other!" He assured the younger, "so are you in?"
Daehyun calculated his choices, and he did have ones, stay or go, pretty simple, anyone would stay.
If going meant to risk dyeing out there then staying seemed like the better option.
"sure, I'll go."

 



well then, Daehyun became officially stupid.
haha and just for the record:
the first group of guys weren't Vixx if you couldn't tell, it only consisted of two members of it and strangers!! the other Vixx members were in the refugee center from the start.
just clearing that out.
I'm making Daebutt an emotional ...well, we're all like that admit it guys! ;)
haha well baibai guys