Dreams vs Reality

Hate U, Love U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun is missing. That's what Yesung was thinking about for the past few hours.

"Maybe he's stuck in the busy streets"Kyuhyun said.

Yesung had been pacing for the past two hours. Seunghyun was three hours late and Yesung was pacing back and forth in the garden. Kangin and Leeteuk were trying to contact Seunghyun's parents but so far there was no word from them. The messenger has been gone since without a reply.

"Kyuhyun"Kibum said and shook his head at the guard.

"What happened...?"Yesung asked himself quietly as he was sinking to his knees from exhaustion. Tears were forming in his eyes and he couldn't stop them from spilling over.

"Don't cry Yesung hyung, I'm sure he's fine"Kibum said rubbing his older brother's back"until he comes, want to go see the cherry blossoms? I know how much you like them"

"Okay"Yesung nodded and Kyuhyun helped him off the ground.

"Lets go then"Kyuhyun smiled sadly and the three of them walked away. Though Kyuhyun and Kibum felt guilty for not telling Yesung what the messenger had said about Seunghyun and his family...the messenger returned an hour ago but no one informed the crown prince for they were worried about his health. Seunghyun and his family were gone and not coming to visit anytime soon...

--

"Yesung-ah..."

Yesung frowned. What was Seunghyun doing in his room? He faintly remembered the younger man not making it to the wedding ceremony...did he show up at last? Yesung wanted to bolt toward the voice but his body felt weighed down. He struggled to even sit up, he tried calling for help. The feeling of being unable to move scared him.

"Yesung! Wake up!"

Yesung's eye flew open and he found himself gasping for air. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook staring him in fear, their eyes wide with shock and fear.

"You're all pale and sweaty....Kyuhyun get the doctor!"Ryeowook said. He looked like he was about to cry"are you sick? Is something wrong? You've been tossing and turning murmuring loudly about something for the last half an hour..."

Yesung sighed and closed his eyes. It was all a dream...he didn't come back. He knew it was all a dream. He remembered waiting year after year for that man to return, but he never did. Now he was engaged to a different man and has to forget about his previous love...

The door creaked open and Yesung pouted slightly, Ryeowook looked at him with doe eyes and Kyuhyun looked worried. They stayed beside the bed looking at their master while the doctor observed him from the door.

"Your Highness whats wrong?"he asked.

Yesung turned away from the doctor"leave me alone..."

"Please wait outside"The doctor said to Ryeowook and Kyuhyun. They both looked at their master for a few heartbeats before reluctantly complying.

The doctor sat beside Yesung on his bed.

"Your Highness is anything wrong?"he asked.

"No, now leave"Yesung mumbled and covered his head with the blankets.

"From the sound of your voice, you're lying to me. May I check your health? Or I will bring your parents in here to talk to you"The doctor said with a gentle voice. Even though it was a threat, Yesung complied because the man sounded so nice.

He slowly sat up and wiped his tears he didn't realize were streaming down his face. The doctor stared at him. Yesung didn't say anything as the older man checked his pulse and temperature.

"You have a fever..."the doctor gasped.

"It's just a reaction to my nightmare, I'm not sick"Yesung said and sighed when the doctor ignored him, continuing the check up"I really am fine"

By the time the doctor was finished Yesung was feeling even more down. His head hurt and his fever hadn't gone down. Ryeowook had come back in with a soup he whipped up quickly a little while later, and Yesung gladly ate every spoonful. Though he was thing to ignore the desire to puke the soup up, his stomach wasn't as welcoming to the soup as his tongue.

"I will report this to your parents"The doctor said"you need to rest and try not to think of things that will bring you any stress. This might just be a minor cold but we don't want to risk it"

"Yes sir"Yesung sighed and coughed. His throat was feeling itchy and uncomfortable.

"Do you feel like eating anything else?"Ryeowook asked"or do you want some tea for your throat...what if you can't sing anymore because of this sore throat..."

Yesung's eyes widened. He never thought of that. Singing was something, maybe the only thing, that brought him true happiness when he was going through troubling times...if he lost that happiness he wouldn't know how to live...how would he spend his spare time?!

"S-some tea would be nice, thank you Wookie"Yesung nodded.

"I'll be right back with that"Ryeowook smiled and disappeared out the door.

"Don't you think you'll be in trouble?"Kyuhyun asked"your parents usually get all...well strongly aggressive when it comes to you. They will be here in a few minutes..."

"I know"Yesung mumbled.

"I hear someone coming...running?"Kyuhyun said and got to his feet.

"One, two, three"Yesung said counting his heartbeats.

"Yesung-ah!"Leeteuk cried as he burst into the room"what's wrong? I heard you might be sick"

"I'm fine, I just had a nightmare that's all"Yesung murmured and swatted his mom's hands away from his forehead to try not to expose his fever"I just need to calm down that's all"

"Nightmare?"Leeteuk asked.

Yesung didn't say anything and lay back down.

His father didn't come to his room but Leeteuk and the other two were concerned about him stayed the entire night with him. Zhou Mi came by a little later with Siwon to check up on Yesung. Siwon had stayed over for a meeting with Leeteuk and Kangin, of course about the wedding plans and others things. When he stopped by Yesung was asleep and Zhou Mi quietly decided to remove Leeteuk and Ryeowook. Kyuhyun refused to leave Yesung's side since he was still awake and just reading. Ryeowook and Leeteuk had fallen asleep beside Yesung's bed.

"I'll take them to their rooms"Zhou Mi whispered and Siwon nodded.

"Mind changing his rag?"Kyuhyun asked in a hushed voice. He pointed to the bowl of water beside Yesung's bed and the wet rag that lay on Yesung's forehead. Siwon nodded and walked over, careful not to make any sounds because he heard from everyone in the entire palace that Yesung was a light sleeper and could wake up at the sound of a distant conversation. It's amazed and caught his interest.

Siwon took the rag and dipped into the cold water and rung it out. He looked at Yesung and frowned. The crown prince was paler than usual and he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter