Keep The Peace

Hate U, Love U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a peaceful place, a place where everyone wanted to live. This place had no specific name but most people called it Seoul, it was ruled under King Kangin and Queen Teuk. They were a fair and just couple who preferred drinking tea peacefully instead of discussing the next tactics for war. On the opposite side of town reside the kingdom of King Geng and Queen Heechul, they were likewise of the couple opposite of them. King Geng liked to sit back and bond with his family while the Queen had his own ideas and schemes to overrun their enemy in battle.
 

Each King had their own family, King Kangin had two sons; Crown Prince Yesung and military trainer Kibum. King Geng had three sons; Crown Prince Siwon, middle son Sungmin and youngest, Henry. Aside the differences in government tastes, the two kingdoms have been working together to keep Seoul a stable town for over about two decades. Time for them to officiate their alliance was coming up more quickly than the sun at dawn.
 

"Call my son"King Kangin murmured to Yesung's loyal servant boy named Ryeowook.
 

The young boy nodded"yes Your Majesty"
 

He left the room hurrying to find his master. Passing the countless rooms of the palace he didn't have to check every room to look for his master, he knew where he'd be exactly. A few moments later he arrived at the garden outside the Crown Prince's headquarters.
 

"Master, His Majstery wants to see you"Ryeowook murmured and bowed his head.
 

"Did he say what he wanted?"Yesung asked as he crouched to pull a weed from the bed of flowers.
 

"No master"
 

Yesung thought of what his father wanted, it was perhaps another marriage meeting. It'd be the fourth one this month, but he'd rejected every woman his parents bought in for him to meet. They were all the same...wanting money and power. He didn't need a wife, he was only 26. Feeling weary, Yesung asked his servant again. When Ryeowook didn't say anything he sighed and got up, dusting off his pants he headed to his father's quarters with his servant trailing behind him.
 

"did you call me Your Majesty?"Yesung asked as he came to a halt in front of his father.
 

"We have more to discuss about your...thing"
 

"Your marriage"The Queen interjected and Yesung sighed.
 

"I know you don't like these women but what are we suppose to do? You're at the age where you should be married and have a family"Kangin said softly not wanting to upset his son.
 

"I'd rather wait until I'm 30"Yesung mumbled.
 

"You have no choice today, a friend of ours and his family are coming for dinner...they want to meet you"Leeteuk said and stood next to his husband. They linked arms and Yesung looked away, he felt odd when his parents started showing strong affections in front of him. As if they were trying to say 'this is what you're missing out on', but he thought differently.
 

"Who is coming to visit?"Yesung asked in confusion.
 

His parents didn't have many friends besides the people working under them mostly because they are busy taking care of him and his little brother Kibum, they didn't associate much outside the palace walls. They were old enough to be married, as they said, why were they still treating them as if they were children? Kibum certainly had a good life, though there was one difference between him and his older brother. He didn't have to marry.
 

"Do you remember King Geng and Queen Heechul?"His Majesty asked.
 

Yesung nodded"yes Father"
 

"They are coming with their sons. It would be nice of them to meet you again, you haven't seen them since you were a toddler"The Queen smiled"I'm sure their eldest son Sungmin has grown to be the crown prince"
 

"just send for someone and I'll be there"Yesung said and bowed to his parents.
 

Before he could witness his parents sharing a sweet kiss he hurried out to find his friends. Well the only friends his parents would allow, they were both servant boys of his but they were the most loyal to him than the thieves his parents hired. Of course after two years there was still a mysterious person, his bodyguard Kyuhyun. That young man was always disappearing then reappearing out of nowhere. There was also no information about him at all, except that he knows someone from the kingdom Yesung was suppose to meet for dinner.
 

"Master"a soft voice called.
 

Yesung snapped out of his mental ramble and looked up, he smiled when he saw the servant boy who's been with him almost a year. It's been a short while but Yesung had grown attached to the boy since they first met, but Ryeowook was afraid favoritism would get him bullied by the other servants. In that case Yesung allowed Ryeowook to stay in his room with him at night, not as a servant but as a friend. Ryeowook was thankful his master had thought so much of him. Since then the other servants were too afraid of the kind and quiet crown prince's wrath should it ever surface. It could be worse than his father's or little like his mother's. They didn't want to find out if it wasn't the latter.
 

"Wookie"Yesung murmured.
 

Ryeowook looked around for anyone"what did your father say?"
 

"He said to come down for dinner when it's time, I have to meet some family friends"Yesung shrugged.
 

Ryeowook nodded"it sounds like you don't know who they are exactly"
 

"Let's go back to the garden, we can talk there"Yesung said and Ryeowook nodded. Together they walked out of the main courtyard and to the private garden.
 

"Good afternoon master"a husky voice murmured.
 

Ryeowook froze but Yesung already knew who it was. He laughed and took the younger boy's hand and continued into the garden to the bench.
 

"Where did you run off to this time Kyu?"Yesung asked.
 

"You've shortened my name now?"Kyuhyun asked from the grass. The bench was reserved only for the crown prince and his little 'friend' Ryeowook. It was fine anyway, the bodyguard never stays long.
 

"what's wrong with that?"Yesung asked as he sat down"calling you Kyuhyun is getting boring"
 

"Is that why you call him 'Wookie'?"
 

"no, it's because we're friends. I don't think you'd be my friend because you're always running off by yourself but, I will call you Kyu now instead of Kyuhyun"Yesung smiled.
 

"Yes Your highness"Kyuhyun murmured and got up.
 

"You need to be by my side at supper tonight, we have guests over and I don't know them very well"Yesung continued, causing Kyuhyun to stop in tracks.
 

"Guests?"
 

"Yes, be back before sundown"Yesung said as he looked at the clouds"you may go now. Wookie want to go see the cherry blossoms?"
 

"Of course master"Ryeowook smiled.
 

He loved the cherry blossoms very much, they were very beautiful around this time of year. After the great trade of cherry tree wood, cherry blossoms were hard to come by. The palace was the only place who had many trees, the species was saved by Queen Teuk.
 

"Don’t you wish we could have these outside the palace walls?”Yesung asked as he smiled at the large trees. They’re been growing for some years now and have grown to maturity.
 

“It would be nice”Ryeowook nodded.
 

“Wookie do you mind not coming to dinner tonight?”Yesung asked and the boy looked at him in disbelief”I just don’t want my best servant to be kidnapped, Queen Heechul is that kind of person I heard”
 

“Queen?”
 

Yesung nodded”He’s the queen that’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter