A Dance or Two

Hate U, Love U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


A masquerade ball.

Ever since his parents brought it up, Yesung’s had a sour face all day. It wasn’t any help since he was already stressed from many other things and now he has to greet a huge room full of people. Not to mention that out of politeness he’d have to accept dance requests. It’s not that he hated dancing, Yesung just hated his dancing...because he has two left feet.

“Wookie if I asked you to be my date for the ball will you do it?”Yesung asked as he lay in a patch of green grass. The cherry blossoms were beginning to fade and he wanted to see them as much as he could before he’d have to wait for the next season. The tree he was laying under at the moment looked the prettiest with the most amount of flowers still in bloom.

“If it’s what you want then will do it” Ryeowook smiled.

“Then you be my date, I’d feel awkward if it was Kibum again or my mother... We have four days to find you a costume”Yesung murmured ”Do you want to go shopping for it tomorrow?”

“Whatever time suits you master”

“Wookie why are you talking so respectfully, it’s just us here”Yesung asked and sat up to look at the younger. Ryeowook simply sat there with a small smile on his face, though he seemed rather nervous.

“I know we’re alone but your mother told me to not to act as your friend while on duty anymore and get use to addressing you correctly”Ryeowook murmured calmly”Otherwise I’d lose my job”

Yesung pouted”That’s no fun”

“And he also told me to stay out of your personal quarters. Since he didn’t want you to get upset about my being bullied when alone, I have my own quarters...it isn’t too far from yours so work will not be a hassle"

“Why is he doing this to me? He’s even restricted Kyuhyun from being with me on the days Siwon is suppose to come to the palace”Yesung shivered.

It was no use trying to talk to his parents, he witnessed his father’s wrath for the second time in his life and he never wanted to experience it again. Such anger could scar anyone else, Yesung survived because he was family.

His parents told him the evening before, after he sent Donghae off, that Siwon would come over every Monday and Thursday to court him. They were not allowed to leave the palace in the allotted time or else Yesung would be grounded for a month. Yesung had no choice but to abide in is unusually strict parents’ instructions. Though he's meeting the other prince, Yesung doesn't plan on talking to him. They were both allowed one servant to be there with them and Yesung chose Ryeowook instantly. If he can’t have Kyuhyun protecting him then he’d rather have Ryeowook keeping him calm. He didn’t even want to look at Siwon because he felt a little guilty for lashing out at his parents in front of Siwon’s. And his anger from the arranged marriage idea he was forced to accept still hasn't dissolved.

“if I have a date to the ball already then Siwon has no reason to come here right Wookie?"Yesung asked and the younger shrugged.

"I think it would be better for you to accept the prince"Ryeowook said.

Yesung gave the younger a hard look, close to a glare. Why couldn't he understand? Kyuhyun already figured it out two weeks prior to Ryeowook becoming Yesung favorite servant, he was even promoted to his personal servant. But why was he so blind, did he not understand at all or does he ignore it on purpose? How was Yesung going to break it to him officially if the other doesn’t have a clue or doesn’t want to take part?

"Ryeowook"

The younger stiffened, his master had never called him by his full name since he met him

"Y-yes?"

"Don't listen to my mother, he's crazy"Yesung said seriously then laughed"don't be so scared of me, we're friends aren't we? I’d never yell at you for doing what you’re told"

"T-thank you master"Ryeowook nodded with a smile.

Yesung smiled back and hugged the younger. They sat in the garden for a little while younger, Ryeowook helping his master plan the day when Siwon is suppose to visit. Since the marriage was already decided upon by the Elders and both sides of the families….Yesung was getting married...whether he liked it or not.

----

“LEE DONGHAE!”

“I’m sorry!”

The shorter ran about the room trying his best to avoid the angry prince. He didn’t say anything really...well he just mentioned that Siwon was going to have to meet Yesung every Monday and Thursday for their ‘dates’. And that the courting twice a week will lead up to the wedding that's being planned in the process.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner? Monday isn’t that far from now! It’s the day after the ball are you crazy?”Siwon asked and stopped chasing after his friend. Being angry was making him tired.

“I’m sorry but your mother told me not to tell you until you seemed like you could take it...I guess you still weren’t ready”Donghae mumbled nervously fumbling with his hands behind his back.

“How would I be okay with that? Both of our parents already decided that we're getting married, our plans for apologizing to him for our foolish actions flew out the window!”Siwon said”I...don’t feel very well…”

“I’m sorry your parents don’t care about your opinion. But the way I see it, this is the best thing for the both of you so why don’t you try to accept it? In less than three months the both of you will be married”Donghae said with a frown.

Siwon didn’t reply, instead he sat on the floor. The feeling of dread was too great for him, he had sincerely wanted to apologize to Yesung for his parents proposing they get married out of nowhere but now that it seems both parents agree to the idea...he’ll have to accept it.

“Donghae did the costumes come in? I don’t really want anything that extravagant”Siwon murmured tiredly.
“They will be in before tomorrow”Donghae shrugged”Are you really going to the ball?”

“I have to, I’d be stupid if I backed out after telling my whole family I was going”Siwon muttered and closed his eyes”Do you think he’s still mad?”

“Psh I would be”Donghae snorted”After all you’re just a stranger who knows nothing about him and his family. He probably doesn’t want to marry you for that reason, because he doesn’t know you”

“And?”

“And, you should use these next three months to get closer to him. Then the actual wedding won’t be awkward and he won’t try to divorce you right away”Donghae said carefully ”In my opinion I think you should just be the nice guy and try to understand him. He probably needs some time accepting it too”

Siwon stared at his friend. Sometimes Siwon wished Donghae wasn’t a servant then he could’ve been allowed to stay with him during times like these without getting in trouble. Donghae was really funny, and helpful sometimes but then again he was a little annoying because the words that came out of his mouth ran like a waterfall.

"Donghae I think you just got yourself a raise"Siwon smiled"that sounded really smart"

"Thanks"Donghae beamed.

Siwon sat still for a long moment as Donghae explained again why the two princes should except the arrangement, it was best for everyone in both kingdoms.

"What do you think I should do...? To you know be the good guy? Since we are getting married in a few months....I guess we have no choice but to accept it...so starting at the ball how would I try to get close to him?"Siwon asked innocently.

Donghae grinned"So you're accepting him as your fiancé?"

"Of course...well not completely. I've just realized that without my consent and discussion of my side, I'm getting married. How can I take that in and just accept it?"Siwon asked and Donghae shrugged"you're seriously no help at all besides just now"

"Those were my words of advice for this year, you'll have to wait until next year to have my help again"Donghae teased.

"I can't wait to hear your next advice"Siwon muttered sarcastically as he drank some water.

"it'll probably be on family, you know...when you have your future children" Donghae grinned and the sudden mention of Siwon having a family had him choking on his water. It's still a long way to that point, why was Donghae bringing it up? The couple wasn't even comfortable with each other in their thoughts since they've only met once before... Siwon didn't say anything but shook his head as he left the big ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter