Tragic Love

Hate U, Love U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yesung suffered from a sword wound, just as Seunghyun worried. The royal doctor was immediately called in to treat the prince's wounds while the other minor medical attendants focused their attention on His Majesty. Kyuhyun was also injured but it was not as worse as everyone else's. While he was fighting three of the enemy's men, Yesung had no choice but to defend himself and his father. Kyuhyun felt tremendously guilty as he watched his master being stitched up, since he failed his duty to protect the prince.

Seunghyun on the other hand was a worried mess. He was forced out of the room after trying to stop the doctor from causing Yesung more pain by stitching up the sword wound. Now Kyuhyun was watching the tall prince pace outside the room.

"Can you stop? It's getting annoying"Kyuhyun said as he leaned against the wall beside the door"it's going to be awhile for them to completely treat the prince"

Seunghyun didn't say anything but stopped pacing"what? Really?"

"He just needs stitches and a few days rest, stop worrying so much"Kyuhyun murmured and watched as the other looked at him"really, I wouldn't lie about my master"

"I...believe you and...I have a request"Seunghyun murmured and the guard cocked an eyebrow at him"if you will hear me out..."

"I'm all ears Your Higness"Kyuhyun nodded.

---

"Yesung-ah"a small voice cried.

"U-umma?"

"Yesung!"a different voice gasped.

Yesung slowly opened his eyes to see his mother and Seunghyun hovering above him. Kyuhyun's voice could be heard outside, it seemed he was conversing with His Majesty about something important.

"Are you alright? Does anything hurt?"Leeteuk asked.

"I'm fine"Yesung said quietly though he couldn't help but wince as Seunghyun helped him to sit up"Ow! Wha-"

"You had to get stitches..."Leeteuk said, his eyes beginning to water"is it painful?"

"It's fine, it just took me by surprise"Yesung murmured" as he held his side carefully"is father alright?"

"He's fine"Seunghyun said.

Just then the door opened and Kyuhyun walked in, he bowed as Kangin walked through. Their faces looked strained with some emotion Yesung couldn't comprehend. It wasn't anger or sadness, it was something else. Worry? It was hard to tell exactly.

"Yesung-ah are you alright?"Kangin asked.

Seunghyun moved so both parents could sit on the side of Yesung's bed. He moved over to stand beside Kyuhyun at the foot of the bed.

"I'm fine, my side j-just hurts a little"Yesung mumbled, unable to lie in front of his father.

"Kyuhyun call the doctor"Kangin said. The guard nodded and left immediately.

"You will heal in time. Until then Seunghyun offered to stay here to help you, Kibum is also making a fast recovery and has promised to take care of you too"Kangin murmured as he combed his fingers through Yeusng's soft, black hair"you don't need to worry about anything"

"Am I that weak?"Yesung asked quietly.

"It's not because of that"Seunghyun said suddenly, causing Yesung to look at him in surprise"it's because the sword wound is that serious. It's not your fault"

Yesung closed his eyes"thank you Seunghyun...ah"

"I've brought the doctor"Kyuhyun announced and Leeteuk moved away from the bed to allow the doctor to check on the prince.

After various treatments and being bed ridden every now and then for a little more than two and a half months Yesung made a full recovery. Though his family were always worried about him because he almost never tells anyone his feelings, he kept everything to himself. Seunghyun had, in that time, said something that shocked Yesung. Though the whole kingdom already knew Seunghyun's intentions from when he first asked to stay beside Yesung during his recovery. Those two months brought them closer.

"Now that you are healthy and well again"Kyuhyun started as Yesung got dressed for the day"are you going to the meeting? I'm sure your parents will force you even if you don't want to though"

"I suppose I want to go...then again I feel very nervous"Yesung whispered.

"What's there to be nervous about? You should be happy your best friend loves you"Kyuhyun said nonchalantly"if I wasn't just a servant I'd of asked first"

"...!"Yesung couldn't speak.

"Sorry, that was out of line"Kyuhyun said but he was still smiling"anyhow...are you really going through with the engagement? You're not uncomfortable with it?"

"No...yes"Yesung mumbled, his cheeks flamed"I don't mind really but it's kind of odd thinking I'll be marrying a man instead of a woman my parents chose for me...but I don't mind, Seunghyun-ah is a good person"

"Did you know he proposed to me first?"Kyuhyun asked with a smirk"he asked me if it was appropriate for me to be beside you both, since I'm stuck with you until I die I accepted his proposal"

Yesung rolled his eyes then laughed as they walked out of his personal chambers. Today's meeting was to officially approve of the engagement...Seunghyun's parents were attending the meeting as well. Yesung was extremely nervous but Kibum often reminded him that Seunghyun's parents liked him very much and that his worrying was a waste of energy.

"No need to be nervous"Kyuhyun said when they arrived in front of the large dining room door"uh...say hi to the in-laws for me okay?"

"You're not coming?"Yesung asked nervously.

"Sorry Your Highness, I have something I need to do today. But don't worry, there w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter