5

A Dark Commitment

They arrived home, where loud noises can be heard outside. Everyone was inside, but since 13 creatures in a human form is living under the same roof, it’s normal. When they set one foot inside the house, it was a total ruckus. They were playing spin the bottle and looks like Kai had to do y dancing moves which was pretty hilarious. Not to mention, he used a matching song to do the dance, which left everyone laughing hard. Like Chanyeol, he hits the floor all the time when he laughs.

         “Oh, you guys are home.” Changmin greeted us, “you guys should join the game, it’s fun!”

         “Yeah, maybe later.” Sangeun answered and entered the kitchen, “anyone wants a chocolate beverage?”

         “Oh, I do I do!” Changmin raised his hand. “That’d be nice,” Yunho said calmly, unlike the younger.

         “What’s a chocolate?” the others asked.

         Sangeun sighed, “you guys will know later.”

         Chen on the other hand did not play the spin the bottle game, instead, he followed Sangeun to the kitchen and watched her prepare things for the chocolate beverage she’s been talking about. She took some cocoa powders, sugar, flour, milk, and lots of other stuffs you use for baking a cake. Chen wanted to help her, but heck, he doesn’t even know what chocolate is! So he just silently watched as she calculated the amount of milk needed. Unknowingly, he smiled at her silly reactions, especially the part when she didn’t realize that the whisk covered in chocolate mixture was on her cheek.

         When Sangeun turned around, she gasped, “ohmyGod, don’t do that!” she put a hand over to her chest, “you scared me, geez. Have you been there all the time?”

         “Unfortunately, I have.” Chen pushed himself off the wall and walked to Sangeun.

         Sangeun stepped back and met the kitchen counter, “w-what?”

         Chen smirked at her flustered face and placed his hand behind her ear. Sangeun closed her eyes as her heart was beating so fast, she was sweating. Slowly, Chen wiped the chocolate out of the corner of her lips and it after Sangeun opened her eyes. Gosh, that was hot, Sangeun thought. Her ears started to turn pink as Chen ruffles her hair. Affectionately. I mean, what is she? Five?

         “What’s wrong?” Chen asked playfully.

         “N-nothing.” Sangeun blushed and turned to her chocolate mixture.

         Chen went over to her back, “why? Did you think..I was about to kiss you?”

         Sangeun widened her eyes and gulped. She could feel his warmth behind her, his body was nearly touching her back, his hand trapping her on the kitchen counter. Chen didn’t know why, but he had these..urges to hold her, to fill the emptiness in his heart that could only be filled by her. Sangeun on the other hand, wanted to turn around. But if she did, he would see her biting her lips as her cheeks were pink from the cause of him saying such..embarrassing things that were true. Yes, true, Sangeun thought that he wanted to kiss her, she thought that he wanted to..touch her, and for your information, she did look forward to it.

         “O-of course not. Why would you think that?”

         Chen pursed his lips, “I don’t know, I just thought so. Your cousin is such a ert, by the way. Does he stalk you or something?”

         “W-well..it’s not that, really. You know, I didn’t understand the term of dating until I was 16, like him. so..yeah, we thought we liked each other and dated, until one day his mom and dad was totally shocked why we kissed. So..yeah, things have gotten pretty awkward that day. But everything’s fine, he knows everything about me now.” Sangeun awkwardly rubbed her nape.

         “Wait wait wait, I’m lost. You guys are cousins, but you guys dated? Wow, that’s…shocking. And he seems pretty amused and happy that I’m dating you.”

         Sangeun chuckled, “yeah, whatever. Here, try it. I’ll just put it in the oven for half an hour and it’s done.” She gave him a piece of chocolate.

         Chen ate the chocolate from her hand with an extra brush of his lips on her fingers. It sent shivers down her spine and she bit her lip once more, “it’s sweet.” Chen commented, “I don’t like it.” Sangeun scoffed, “you don’t like it?? wow, you’re the first person that I know who doesn’t like chocolate.”

         Chen chuckled and ruffled her hair affectionately again, this time, he smiled. Sangeun on the other hand stood there frozen like a statue. Not everyone can cause this effect on Sangeun, not even his cousin. For her to stare at one’s beauty in admiration and love is truly remarkable, just like how she’s observing Chen. Those eyes, his lips, his smile, she didn’t want to stop looking at him, it simply hypnotizes her in the worst way of any way. But the sudden voice from the oven came. She didn’t notice that she was staring him for a long time, that he himself start to stare at her.

         Chen cleared his throat awkwardly and looked away, Sangeun immediately placed the cake on the counter for it to cool down. She tip-toed in place slowly as she moved her eyes back to him, which to her surprise, he was staring at her..calmly, as if she was the most beautiful person he had ever met. Something in him bloomed, he couldn’t know what it is. Seeing her cooking smiling..she somehow reminded him of his mother..his mother who cared for him, unlike his brother. His train of thoughts stopped as his head stung with pain. He blinked and shook his head to make the pain go away but it just got worse.

         “C-Chen?” Sangeun held his hand as if he has gone crazy. Chen was now sitting down on the floor with his hand on his head trying to bug off the diziness. His vision was starting to blur, everything was on a spin. He pressed his head with his hands and groaned loudly.

         “Chen!!..” the last thing he heard was her silent calls before it went blank.

 

         Chen was walking peacefully in the woods with his brother, feeling the wind howl, hearing the stream of the river, soft grass scrunches, it was all bliss for Chen. But his brother on the other hand had other thoughts. He was planning something from the beginning, but Chen just couldn’t put his nose into it.

         “Jongdae,” his broter called him, “do you want to run?”

         “Run?” Chen repeated, “run where?”

         “Away from here, we can both be together and we will be strong. I found a human base nearby and they wanted to turn us into humans. We can be humans, Jongdae. We can rule the world.” He said.

         Chen took a step back, “is mom coming?”

         His brother sighed, “no, Jongdae, she is not coming. She will only be a burden to us, nothing more. We should dispose her while we can, we are strong together, Jongdae.”

         “So what are you planning to do with her?”

         “Simple,” his brother smirked, “I’m gonna kill her.”

         “YOU WHAT?!” Chen growled.

         “I said I’m gonna kill her, Jongdae. She’s just a burden to me, to us.”

         Chen was furious, he was angered by how his brother could say that like it’s nothing, like it was the most simple thing to do in this world. And being humans? What’s so good about that?! Humans snore, humans picks their noses, humans do stupid things and get drunk and stuffs, meanwhile wolves, they don’t even ing have fingers! Paws, only paws that are used to clean their ear’s behind.

         “Don’t you dare, hyung.”

         His brother stopped on his tracks and furrowed his brows angrily, “what did you just say?”

         “Don’t you dare hurt mom.” Chan glared, “if you hurt her-“

         “What will you do? Stop me?” he smirked, “like that’ll ever happen. Well, shall we see?” he laughed evilly and ran towards home.

         Chen with his glowing yellow eyes chased after his brother before he could kill his mom, but it was all too late. His brother was very fast, no one could ever beat his speed, and there he was, with his fangs on her neck slowly biting her flesh out. Chen was only 18, he never had the love from his father, and his mother were so sick, and now he had to deal with this jackass who killed his own mother? Well that’s just sick! Yes, Chen is all grown up now, but he can’t bear his tears when he lost someone so dear to him.

         “Mom!!” he yelled. Then he remembered what happened long ago when his brother tried to hurt her, when he shouted her name, and she woke up.

         Sadly, though, she won’t wake up now.

         Chen was back, he sat up on his bed and panted, as if he weren’t even breathing before. He looked around him and found one person that caught his eye. Who else? Lee Sangeun. Sangeun made her way to Chen who was breathing unnormally and held his back, which he flinched, but was relieved when he saw her, that beautiful face, those beautiful eyes, her soft hair, he wanted to touch her, feel her, have her warmth. And without any warning, he pulled her close and hugged her in his embrace.

         “C-Chen?”

         He cried and cried, and he could never stop. He felt warmth, warmth from her body that calms him, warmth that could melt his heart. Sangeun pat his back silently and enjoyed the cold touch from him, for he was cold, but that coldness made her comfortable, the coldness that comforts. She could feel her heartbeat getting stronger and faster, and she hoped that Chen couldn’t hear it. Sadly though, he could hear it clearly. Perfectly, even. But her heartbeart made him calm, as he waited her to ask.

         “Chen, are you okay?” Sangeun asked quietly.

         Was he okay? He’s confused, sad, angry, glad, relieved, what are those feelings? He wanted to let it out, he wanted to cry. Cry his sadness out, cry until he finds someone that loves him more than his mother does. “I-I’m okay, I guess.”

         “Do you want to tell me?” she asked. Chen froze on his spot and hugged her tighter, “will you be by my side?”

         Sangeun blinked and smiled, “I will.”

         He let go of her and she sat beside him, as he took a deep breath and told her the story from how he found out that his brother was planning something to the part where her father got killed. Sangeun cried, and Chen promised that he would keep her safe and make her happy. He promised that he wouldn’t let his brother or anyone else hurt her like how his brother hurt his mom. He promised to be there for her when she needs him, always.

         Those promises he made..will he keep them?

 

 


 

 

 

and that is the fifth chapter!

 

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT, THANK YOU:)