구 [END]

Her Other Half

IU gives me her determined face and turns around to beat up the idiot. As she turned, Shin-Young was in the process of finding his remote control. IU dashed up to him and punched him in the jaw. This sent him flying in the air, parting the remote away from him. The remote drops next to a building, about 10 feet away from me. I grit my teeth to stand up and run for the remote but Professor Mo is ahead of me. I pick up my speed and then slide on the ground, tripping the professor. I stagger back onto my feet and keep running for the remote. Just then, I felt a tug on my leg. THe stupid professor had a grip on my leg and wouldn’t let go no matter how much I try to shake him off.

Meanwhile, IU and Shin-Young are trying to tear each other apart but none of their defenses has gone down yet. Shin-Young was wielding a katana and IU has her claws out and ready to strike. Clash after clash, neither weaken nor get stronger, leaving them with ties all over the place.

After a long and tiring shake, trying to get the prof off my leg, I spin my leg around and smash him onto the ground. He lets go screaming in pain, gradually passing out from the shock and I go run for the remote again.

Then, Shin-Young’s hit-men, the similar ones to who we were fighting before, blocked my path. I put my hands up, ready, as they all held up their swords. One of them came up to me to strike first. I dodged it easily, grabbed their wrist, and stabbed the sword through. As my victim fell, I took the sword out of the body so I now have a weapon to use.

I glared and smirked at them, giving the same look IU would’ve always given before attack her prey. As if IU was still apart of me, I feel my adrenaline rush through me as I dash and killed them off one by one. It horrified me how my body is automatically doing this in such a grotesque way.

When the head of my last victim slid off, I let the sword drop out of my hands and I just dropped onto my knees.

I felt inhumane. I stared at my hands, terrified of who I’ve become.

Kwangmin came over and hugged me tightly, comforting me.

I buried my face in his chest, crying, wanting him to never let go of me but then my senses came back, reminding me of why I had to kill them off in the first place. For the remote. For IU.

So I gently pushed Kwangmin away from me. He nodded understandingly and let me go. I got up and went for the remote.

I picked it up, about to destroy it, when something whipped past me, taking the remote along with them.

It was Shin-Young.

He and IU still hasn’t stopped fighting and the remote has been stolen back and forth between them. It somewhat looked like a Dragon Ball Z fight that you would watch because they are moving really damn fast.

"Give up IU! You're not going to survive this!" Shin-Young barks as their hands are pressed together, trying to push each other backwards.

"If I die, I'll make sure that I drag you down with me!" IU growls, successfully pushing Shin-Young away from her. She revealed her claws and dashed towards him.

Shin-Young swiftly jumped upwards, dodging her attack and IU followed, striking her claws at him as they clashed in the air. They made their way towards the ground and clashed again. Psyching him out, IU dodged past his attack and swiped the remote that Shin-Young has securely placed on his belt when it was in his possession.

IU made her way away from my area as Shin-Young followed.

IU. No. No.

I knew what she was up to and I didn't like.

"IU don't!!!" I shouted. But I was too late. Shin-Young has just made his way over to IU as she pressed the button. She turned to me as her insides started to glow.

"I love you, my little sister." she smiled sincerely.

Shin-Young's eyes widened as he tried to halt himself to turn the other way, realizing what IU has just done. But IU grabbed a hold of him as her mechanical body shattered into the fumed air, disintegrating Shin-Young along with her.

"IU!!!!! NO!!!!" I screamed in terror. Tears filled my eyes and streamed endlessly down my face.

Kwangmin hurried over and took me into his arms.

"I never got a chance to say goodbye." I cried. My voice was muffled and whiny as he pressed me harder against his chest. "I love you too IU."



 

10 years later...

 

"Omma!" the little one yelled. Happily, I picked him up.

"Seong!" I laughed tickling his nose.

"Seong-ah! That's not fair! You're always being carried! I want to be carried too!" the older one complained.

"Up you go Min!" Kwangmin laughed, piggybacking her.

"Appa!" she cried happily. I looked at Kwangmin and we both laughed hysterically.

We walked out of the house and got in the car, Kwangmin taking the wheel as we drove off

"Omma! Where are we going today?" Min asked in excitement.

"Some place very special." I replied to her sincerely.

It was late sunset when we got there. Seong hid behind Min when they got out of the car, scared.

"Appa! Why are we at a cemetery? This place is scary." he exclaimed, gripping onto her older sister's hand.

Kwangmin smiled at him sincerely and took him by the hand.

"We're here to visit someone." he told him softly.

"I've been here once." Min mentioned. "It's not scary." I smiled gently at her, glad that she's brave although I can tell that she's a little scared too despite being here before.

"Let's go." I told them. Kwangmin nodded and Min grasped onto my hand firmly as we made our way over to a gravestone.

That gravestone marked the death of my beloved sister. Where Kwangmin and I gather the pieces of what was left of her that day and buried her underneath.

"Hello IU. I missed you." I said softly, gazing at the gravestone like she was still alive. As if she heard me, I suddenly felt the atmosphere welcome and smile at me. It was then, that I knew that she missed me too.

 

In loving memory of IU Lee

Remembered forever and always for being a great protector and a loving sister.