일곱

Her Other Half

A/N: WARNING! INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE IS USED IN THIS CHAPTER!


 

IU’s body shakes and shrivels as the computer system starts to boot up from within her. I can only watch in terror as her blood red eyes fade to black beady eyes. Horror. That’s all I can see in this kind of scenery.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER!?” I shouted towards Shin-Young.

“Calm down. I’ve only taken over her mind. That’s all.”  he explains as if this is totally normal. But this is not normal. They’re going to use my sister to do whatever the hell they want her to. They can force her with them for all I know.

“Beautiful piece of work I must say Mr. Mo.” Shin-Young says when IU has finally settled down with the computer successfully infiltrating her mind. He looks at IU from head to toe, then from toe to head and back down again.

“You ing ert! What the hell are you going to do with her?!” I asked with fire in my eyes. Then he walked over to me.

“Oh, you thought that I was going to do that with her? Please. She’s not even my type. But you, you I’d might like to do that with.” he says cupping my chin. I snapped my head away and out of his hands. Chuckling away, he puts his hand down. “Ooo. You’re cute when you’re mad. I like.” He brings his hands up to caress my face but I threatened them away but attempting to bite his fingers off. “Feisty ain’t cha?” he chuckles again and shoves his hands in his pockets. “No. I won’t your sister. Not even in a million years. But what I am doing with her is that I’ll be using her to help me take over the world. After she’s done, she’ll be no used to me and she will be executed. And while that happens,” then he unties his masks and lets it fall to the ground. “wait patiently here for me. And I’ll reward you afterwards.” he winked at me and I felt red with embarrassment and anger. I stare at him and examine his profile. I can’t believe what I’m seeing but for the bad guy, he’s hot. Like, really hot. Now that I can see the features of his face, he has hazel brown eyes and a manly face. His nose is sharp but not so sharp that he looks like pinocchio. His lips are thin and seductive and his smile is to die for. He has fair skin and seeing his full body now, he is really really y.

I widen my eyes at him in disbelief to what I’m seeing. I didn’t even notice his hand gently place on my cheek as he pecked my lips. Realizing what he’s just done, I twist my head away, avoiding eye contact. He smiles at me evilly and headed out for the door with IU and Professor Mo following close behind. IU doesn’t even look at me and leaves me here, alone and strapped to a heavy piece of metal. I felt tears roll down my cheeks. IU. My sister. Although we have had many fights in the past and she was always out of control, she was always there for me whenever I needed her. I loved her as a sister and I can’t believe that after so many years, a separation like this can make me feel so hollow. I miss her. Tears fills my eyes and blurs my vision as I sob and break down, wishing that I can wipe away the tears with my hands, but I couldn’t. Then, I felt a pair of hands wiping them away for me. Shocked, the first thing I do is look up to see who it is.

“Kwangmin Jo!” I shout. I was either in shock or in happiness because I couldn’t really tell which one. He places his index finger on my lips and then onto his own.

“Shhhh!” he hushes loudly. “Do you want me to get caught you idiot!” he whispered. I shook my head no and he puts down his hand. Without wasting any further time, he walks over to the bench table next to me and pulls a lever. The grasps around my wrists and ankles release and causes me to drop helplessly onto the floor. I feel light headed and weak on all fours. He then hurries over and helps me up. “Are you okay?” he asks sincerely. I shake my head no and I collapse in his arms. Though, I don’t exactly faint again. My body just feels really weak as if I’ve caught a cold during the winter.

Heaving a sigh, Kwangmin helps me sit up, turns around and heaves me onto his back. With the strength I have left, I wrap my arms his neck, feeling safe and secure.

“Don’t worry. I’ll get us out of here. Sleep while you can. You’ll need it.” he says to me softly, making his way to the a set of stairs that goes down into the darkness just below the lab. I was going to protest but then I realized that there was no point in doing that. Instead, I nodded and drifted off to sleep with tears filling my eyes as I worried about IU.

~

My eyes flutter open as I adjust to the darkened flames. I let out a groan and attempt to get up. Looking around, I appear to be in a sewage tunnel. The water below has a pungent odour so I try my best to ignore it as mush as I can. I feel a lot better though, now that I’ve gotten some rest. Kwangmin comes over and helps me up. He offers me a cup of water and I drink it in one gulp. For a while, I sit leaning against his chest, letting the awkward silence fall between us. I took in a deep breath and broke the silence.

“How’d you find me?” I asked softly, finding my voice.

“I followed them to you.” he responded gently. I crane my neck and look up to him, raising an eyebrow at him in confusion.

“Well, I saw you get bundled up and get carried away so I followed them. They lead me to you. At first, I missed out on how they were able to get IU’s soul out of your body because I was looking for an alternative way in when the entrance shut on me in the beginning. When I got to you, you were already pinned against the metal board, conscious again. I let my head drop against his chest again.

“You were worried.” I finally say.

“What? No! Of course I wasn’t! Jenny was but because she didn’t know self defense, she told me to go after you and, and-” he stuttered as he backed up his words with pathetic excuses. I sit up, off his chest, and turn to him. He stopped muttering and we were staring into each others eyes. Before I knew it, I was leaning in, giving him a kiss. He didn’t stop me, nor did I stop myself. When our lips finally parted, all we could do was stare. So many things could’ve been said at this moment but nothing came out of either of us.

“J-Jieun.” he finally managed. After a long pause, he finally continued. “Saranghae.” After another long pause, all I did was nod as I leaned in for another kiss. As we kissed, I finally realized how much Kwangmin means to me. In fact, I loved him as well.

So once our lips parted, I gave him my answer.

“Saranghaeyo Kwangmin.” I whispered.