Her Other Half

A/N: Sorry for the long wait! I know I promised one chapter every Saturday but I've been really busy lately. Here's your chapter! I must apologize since this chapter is a little shorter and a little draggy as well. Sorry for the disappointment! 


The next day, I was practically dying of exhaustion. I’ve always hated switch back and forth between souls because it takes up a lot of energy. Once the soul is in control, there isn’t a problem, but when you are in the process of switching, that is a problem. I didn’t want to get up to go to school at all this morning, but I had to. Thankfully, Jenny was really nice and came over early to make me breakfast. I slowly make my way downstairs, my legs feeling heavy each time I try to lift them. I enter the kitchen and is greeted by the delicious smell of eggs and toast.

“What am I ever going to do without you Jenny?” I smiled. She turned around and smiled.

“Morning to you too sleepy head!” she giggled. Then she turned back around to finish up. I sit down into my spot and stare at the fork and knife that has already been set up for us. Couple of minutes later, she sets the plate of food in front of me and we dug in.

We got to school half an hour later. Not surprisingly, everyone was talking about the men who was left half dead in the alleyway yesterday. The same men that attempted to assault us and has failed to.

“Omo! Did you hear?” a girl whispered to her friend as we walked past them.

“Yeah! I heard that one of them had their faces ripped off!” her friend replied to her.

“I hope that doesn’t happen to me.” she says nervously. Another group that we walked past has been telling others that their must be a giant wildman-cat on the loose, using it’s sharp vicious claws to kill anyone in sight. There were too many gossips and rumours being spread throughout the school that I couldn’t even keep up with who is thinking what. I heaved a sigh and Jenny, who was walking with me this whole entire time, patted me on the back.

“Hey,” she told me sincerely with a sweet smile, “at least they’ll never find out about the truth.”

“Yeah, but not knowing now doesn’t mean they won’t find out in the future. That worries me.” I sighed again. Jenny nods, understanding what I’m worried about, puts her arm down and sighed with me. Then, Kwangmin runs over and messes up my hair.

“WHAT THE HECK JO!” I screech, fixing my hair.

“Watch out, or else the monster will come and get you!” he teases.

“What are you talking about? What monster?” I asked in frustration.

“Didn’t you hear about the two men who got ripped up and left half dead in that old alleyway?” he asked.

“Yeah! But what about it?” I say, still trying to untangle the mess he made.

“Majority of the school thinks that it must be a monster that has came out from the shadows and is now lurking the streets, hunting for it’s next prey. Now I’m saying that you might be next.” he smirks, pointing his finger at me. I shake my head in disbelief, putting my hand down, with my hair finally fixed. I grab a hold of Jenny’s hand and we head to class, leaving Kwangmin and his friends laughing in hysterics.

“Immature idiots.” I mumble. Jenny could only stare at me and giggle slightly as I drag her with me into class.

Like always, Jenny and I walk home together laughing and talking just about anything. But today, we had made plans to go to the grand opening of a new cafe just around the block. We walk past the basketball court when I feel a smack on the head. Apparently, someone threw the basketball on my head and it bounces off, rolling back towards Kwangmin.

“Oops, sorry!” he giggled.

“What the hell is wrong with you Jo?” I yell at him, frustrated and pissed.

“I said sorry. What more do you want?” he asked, chuckling away with his friends, treating it like a whole joke. I flash him a sarcastic smile and glare at him. That’s when Jenny tugged on my arm, telling us to leave before a fight breaks out between the two of us. I flash him one last glare before we headed on our way. Suddenly, my gut felt something coming towards me again.

Jieun, behind you.IU warned, so I turn around. Surely enough, there was a basketball aimed at my head and I caught it just in time. The boys behind us stared at me in awe. Furious, I felt IU’s eyes slowly taking over, making my eyes turn red as I whipped the ball at Kwangmin. Pulling back, I stopped to breathe as Jenny walked over to help me balance before I fell unconscious.

“Why the hell did you just do that?” I muttered to IU. But there was no response. I looked up and saw Kwangmin on the floor with his nose bleeding unstoppably. Kwangmin shot a glance at me and got up. Slowly getting up, I watch Kwangmin head towards me and throw me a punch. However, his punch didn’t necessarily make it to my face. I grasped it just in time and jabbed him right in the jaw. I can see what’s going on however, I’m not in control. IU is.

IU what the heck! Why did you suddenly switch with me?! You can’t hurt them!” I scolded.

Why hold back? They wanted to hurt you.” she muttered to me.

Please, they were just teasing me. Period. Now switch back with me. I’m in control!’ I tell her.

Not right now you’re not.” she smirked.

“Who the hell are you talking to Lee? Your imaginary friend?” he teased as his friends helped him up. IU smirked and threw him another blow. Sending him flying into the air and all the way back to the basketball court.

IU! Quit it!’ I shout. But she didn’t give me a response. All she did was smirk. Rubbing his badly scraped back, he meets my eyes. Or, IU’s eyes to be exact.

“Woah. Did you start wearing contact lenses or something?” Kwangmin asked, laughing nervously.

Who said I needed them?” IU asked. Terrified, Kwangmin struggled to his feet to flee but IU grabbed his shirt collar and lifted him off the ground. His coward friends ditched the basketball court and ran home.

“What do you want from me?” Kwangmin stuttered.

For you to leave Jieun alone and for you to stop being such a prick.” IU threatened. Kwangmin could only shoot a confused yet terrified look when IU said that. Internally, I am fighting for control for the body again but IU refuses to hand it back over. I watch as Kwangmin’s nose bleed like there’s no tomorrow as his terrified face will probably haunt me at night. After a while, I managed to get the IU’s soul out of control and me back in. Finally breathing again, I collapse on the floor. My body numb and heavy as white noise fills my ears, deafening my hearing. I started to sweat like mad and my head feels like a feather. I watch as Kwangmin lies on the ground, inching away from me in pain, my vision blurring after every second I blink. The last thing I heard was the muffled voices of Jenny and Kwangmin calling my name repeatedly as I fade to darkness.