Her Other Half

Although we had to go through a lot of arguments and disagreements, we were finally able to get the stupid project done. 

“Finally!” I sighed with relief, falling back on my chair and letting everything hang loose. Kwangmin walked around the crane, taking a good look at it. 

“I must admit, we did a pretty good job.” he states, his chin as if he had facial hair.

“I don’t care how good of a job we did. It works and we finished it on time. Together.” I exclaim. He nodded in agreement.

“Should I just leave it here?” Kwangmin asked.

“Yeah, you should. Carrying it around can just cause more damage and I live closer to the school than you do.” I tell him.

“You better not be clumsy and break it.” he teases.

“I most certainly will not! Don’t judge me like that! I’m not that clumsy.” I shout back, annoyed. “Since we’re done, please get out of my house before more argument breaks out between us and we end up demolishing this thing.” 

“You realize, after tomorrow, we’re back to how we used to be right? I am not related to you in anyways after this.” he says.

“Don’t need to tell me twice. After tomorrow, we will be back to ripping each other’s minds out.” I laughed. He laughed back and I escorted him to the door. Before I completely shut the door behind him, he turns around and speaks up.

“Yah!” he says. I open the door just slightly to hear what he has to say before he went home. “I can’t believe I’m saying this but, this was fun.” he smiled. I gave him an annoyed stare along with my sarcastic smile. 

“Wasn’t for me.” I told him. Then I gave him my usual death stare. “I do not want to go through this again, now go away.” and with that, I shut the door in his face. He is such a bastard. I seriously do not want to have another fight as big as the one yesterday ever again. I shake my head and go upstairs to take a shower.
The next day, we handed in the project and we got an A+! Yay!

“I’m so proud of the two of you!” Mr. Kim exclaimed. “You finally learned to get along and get this project done!” he smiled. We both gave him the same pissed off stare.

“Anything to get out of your class Mr. Kim.” I said.

“Don’t you dare do this to us ever again.” Kwangmin followed. Our stare probably made him uncomfortable and scared cause he suddenly started laughing like an idiot as if he doesn’t know what to say next. Taking a deep breath, we returned to our seats. Jenny leaned over to me when I got into my chair.

“You know, you guys didn’t have to do that to poor Mr. Kim.” she whispered.

“Poor? Says the one who nearly got us to murder each other because of some stupid project.” I whispered in a loud and annoyed tone. Jenny shook her head and sat back up as the next group went up to present. 
As always, Jenny and I walk home together after school. 

“See you tomorrow!” Jenny tells me, waving goodbye when we made it to our separate paths home. I wave back and turn around to continue walking. A couple steps later, I hear a high pitched scream. The voice sounded very familiar. I turn around and I suddenly realized who it was.

“Jenny!” I exclaim. I run towards her scream to see that she is being torn apart by two young men, probably in their 20’s. “Back away from my friend you pigs!” I shout at them. They stopped what they’re doing, got up and turned around to face me.

“Well, well, well. Cute chick.” one chuckled. I held up my hands to my fist. The other smirked and came for me. I dodged him easily and  jabbed him right in the gut, sending him face first to the ground. 

“Back off.” I warned. The one standing next to Jenny rushes and aims for my head but I dodge it, lift my heel high up into the air and pounded it hard into his back. They both groaned in pain but the previous regained his strength and got up. 

“Toughy eh? I like.” he chuckled. Then he came for me again and aimed for my stomach. I turned away to dodge but his teammate caught me off guard and grabbed a hold of me. I tried slashing and kicking but it was no use. He was holding me so tight that I couldn’t breathe. Then he started touching my s. !
Let me at them’ a voice said.

“No. I don’t to kill them.” I muttered.
You’re going to end up getting . You know that.’ it continued.

“But…” I whispered. Feeling hopeless and given no choice, I let her take over. “Punish them, that’s it. Then we get out of here. Don’t kill them, just severely injure them.” I demanded.
Done.’  My skin quickly grayed. Without thinking, I jabbed him in the chest and he let me free, I landed on all fours and get up with my hair covering my face. 

“You okay dude?” the one next to him asked. The other, rubbing his chest replied,

“Yeah. That girl suddenly became really strong though.” he muttered.

“Hey, that’s no way to treat us. Why don’t we teach you a little lesson shall we?” 

Don’t you dare touch me you ugly fools.” I said. My voice has grown deep and hellish, so it’s only natural for the two idiots to not recognize.
“What? Who said that?” they asked, looking around in terror. I turn around and looked at them with my bloody red eyes.
Me, and If you don’t want to die, I suggest you run home to your mommy’s telling them how big of a coward you two really are.” I smirked.

“Tsk, as if.” one of them said as they ran up to me, trying to throw a punch at my ribs. I smiled, revealing my long, sharp and inhumane teeth. With a flick of my fingers, I let out my steel claws from my fingernails. When the guy realized what kind of trouble they just got themselves into, it was too late. I was shredding their clothes, ripping their flesh off of their skin, causing them more pain than hell can offer. By the time I was done, I was their blood off my claws with my lizard like tongue as I watched them groan in pain, blood splattered everywhere, not quite dead yet. 'IU! You’ve gotten too far! I told you to punish them! Not let them lie there helplessly near death!' the voice screamed.

You wanted them punished did you not? Let’s face it, you didn’t do it just for yourself, but for Jenny as well. They deserve worse than what I’ve done to them. Who knows how many other girls they’ve in the past?

“When I say enough, means ENOUGH!” I shouted the last ‘enough’ out loud and then my hair flew up, pointing into the air like when Goku goes super saiyan in Dragon Ball Z and then they float back down neatly on my back again. My eyes has now regained its usual dark brown colour and my skin has turned peach again. I don’t have claws, long sharp teeth or long slithery tongue either. I’m back to being plain Jieun. Exhausted, I drop on my knees and start counting 1...2...3… breathe. Jenny, who has finally stopped crying in the corner of the alleyway, came over and helped me up to my feet.

“As terrifying as this scenery may seem, we have to get out of here before we get caught.” Jenny told me. Lightheaded and numb, I nod my head slightly and limp my way home with Jenny’s assistance.
Back at my house, Jenny carefully help me sit on the bed and she rushed downstairs to get me a cup of jasmine tea. Jasmine tea has always soothed me and like any other time, I finally was able to breathe and calm down. 

“I’m sorry. You must’ve been really scared back there.” I finally apologized.

“It’s okay. I’ve seen IU do worse. But you really got to keep her under control.” Jenny says.

“I know. I’m trying. But once she takes over, it’s really hard to gain control again. We’re the same person but we have different souls. It’s hard enough to share a body, it’s even harder when your evil twin is in there sharing it with you.” I explained.

“I can imagine but it’s hard to be in your shoes since I’ve never had to share the same body with another soulmate, which also just happens to be your evil twin sister.” Jenny sighs. 'Hey! I’m not evil!' IU exclaims in my head.

“Uh huh? and the next thing you know, you're shredding people to pieces without thinking twice. You demolish anything that’s in your path and you never learn to control your ‘fun’.” I told her in disapproval. 'I’m just overprotective. That’s all.' she says, denying everything I say.

“Yet I still taste their blood in my mouth. Very protective sis.” I mutter.