Chapter 7 : On Pins and Needles

My Heart's Birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LADY Lee hugged her goodbye and she bowed to Mr. Lee while Sungmin stayed behind. Jans felt a little shy that they were staying behind at the hotel at the pretense that they would go to a musical bar later on for their first real date. The older couple seemed pleased that the two of them seemed to be getting along fine. Only Sungyin was looking at them knowingly. There was something about that boy that reminded him of the mix of the good and bad Sungmin.

 

Sungmin walked with her to the musical bar that they went to earlier. They sat on a corner table to make sure that not a lot of people can see or hear them. The jazz singer was singing an old love song and there weren't a lot of people there so she was just pretty much performing for her own pleasure. Her voice was smooth and her song pierced the nervous energy between the two of them.

 

“I guess this is like a blind date that we can't escape from.” she felt a little bit hurt that he used that metaphor in describing how it felt to be with her. She would've been crush had she not prepared herself to take underhanded insults. She would make the cute Sungmin come out. Even if it killed him to do that.

 

“I am a lot more fun that you think. This is just not the usual me.” she pointed at the dress and swirled her finger to indicate that the bar was not her thing.

 

“Then what is your thing?” he asked.

 

“If you are not busy tomorrow morning, I can tell you what is my technology.” she meant her talent.

 

“Sure, I am on vacation, remember?” he smirked at her. There it is. I knew that sly hot smile was hiding there somewhere.

 

“Okay. I'll pick you up at the hotel so that we don't run into any fans of yours.” he looked a little uneasy when she mentioned fans. She remembered that there was a rumor that there was renegade fan that the SuJu was protecting Sungmin from. He was a little bit too nice to them at times that he usually ends up getting touched, harrassed or cornered by fans. She realized that his present attitude might be a result of how his friends and hyungs helped him learn how to appear more manly.

 

“Sure. It wouldn't be the first time a girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter