Chapter 13: He says She says

My Heart's Birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"YOU kissed her, didn't you?” Donghae waited until they pulled into the hotel parking lot before he actually said it. Sungmin shushed him and they paid the driver before getting out of the cab quietly. The hotel security manager told them that they'd be met by a team near the elevator. True enough two tall men with wrestler bodies greated them. They were in barongs and slacks but Sungmin felt like they were in the presence of either former soldier or thugs.

 

Eunhyuk looked at Sungmin and parroted Donghae's query. “Don't you think it's a little too soon to actually fall for that girl? I thought you didn't like her?”

 

Sungmin shrugged at his question which made the two a little irritated. They both hated people who keep things from them. “Or maybe you just felt threatened because Donghae was hitting on her earlier.” Sungmin's back straightened when Eunhyuk mentioned that aggravating mental image. “Maybe you don't really like her, you just don't want to share her with anyone else.”

 

“Yeah, I was hoping to have fun with her while we are here. But as it turns out, you like her after all. That's too bad. I like s after a--” Donghae wasn't able to finish his sentence because Sungmin had already grabbed the guy by the shirt and pushed him to the wall. Sungmin's temper was never swift, heated or violent so Eunhyuk didn't realize that Sungmin would react that way.

 

“Dongsaeng...he was just kidding. Take a chill pill, prince.” Eunhyuk helped Donghae free himself without hurting anyone.

 

“Sorry, I am not myself.” Sungmin whispered apologetically.

 

“Is this how you always are when you are head over heels over someone? No wonder you lost those girls. You don't know the rules to the game.” Donghae fixed his shirt. The elevator door opened and they were ushered to their room.

 

“What the heck does relationships and rules have to do with each other?” he was not sold to the idea that they were trying to tell him he didn't know a thing about women.

 

“Relationships are full of rules. Women has so much personal preferences and drama that they lay down so many contradicting rules that somewhere, someone one just put them all together and made it like the relationship ultimate self-help book.” Eunhyuk was teasing him as usual.

 

“If you don't know how to handle things, which is the case from what I am seeing, you will lose Jans too. You are rushing into this like she is the only person in the world who has s.” Sungmin wanted to snicker but they had a point. These guys, despite all the bullying they did to the dongsaeng, they were really close to him. And they knew how he really was most of the time.

 

“What do you think I should do?” he asked them.

 

“Mellow down. You need to remember that she is a suggestion made by your parents. If you really want to be independent of your father, you need to make a decision now whether the juice is worth the squeeze.” He thought about that and nodded.

 

“She definitely is.” He had checked her Facebook and saw her life in the picture that she posted there, at least those on the public folders. She was witty, funny and friendly. She had diverse interests, an interesting sense of fashion as well as two careers, as a musician and as a teacher.

 

“It's only been a few days. You can't possibly tell me that you changed your mind about giving up SuJu and your career just because of a girl.” Donghae was getting scared. He remembered what Sungmin said about giving it all up for a girl. And he didn't like the idea, not one darn tooting minute.

 

“I am not going to get married this month, this year or any year before I am ready. I have a lot of things that I want to do. Having a girlfriend is just one of them.” Eunhae high-fived each other. But Sungmin felt like he was lying to his brothers. Because he was already worrying about how his parents would react when he tells them that he likes her and she likes him. “Besides, we aren't going to last. I live in Korea, she lives here. I will be gone after a month. I'll just enjoy her while we are together.”

 

“Enjoy her, Sungmin, you dog!” Eunhyuk started barking. He threw the guy a glare.

 

“Not like that, you . I'll enjoy being with her as long as I can.” he blushed. More than anything, that was something he couldn't force himself to do until it's time to be with his beloved. Like her sister said, Jans is pure. He couldn't taint her until he was sure he could be the man who could give everything up for her.

 

His phone rang and he saw a dreaded name. His mother was even worse than her father about the whole wedding thing. She was really into Jans and had even smsed him that if he introduced anyone else to her that his mother would not acknowledge the woman.

 

He smiled then answered the phone. “Ma, how are you?”

 

“How was you date, sweetie?” she didn't even bother answering his question. Right for the jugular, that's his mom!

 

“Eunhyuk and Donghae crashed into my vacation, ruined my disguise and hi-jacked my alone time with Jans.” he stuck his tongue out at his hyungs who signaled for him to be quiet. He put the phone on speakerphone when the two refused to talk to his mom.

 

“Eunhyuk! Donghae! You boys are too much! It was the only time for my son to be with my future daughter-in-law and you had to do something like that. Tsk tsk tsk.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter